Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Pics

DanielT

To be fair i didnt ask directly but heard paul rodgers on the phone who said that 8,890 had been sold so he was expecting/hoping for it to be 9,000 before close of business today. Whether that includes or excludes 1901'ers i do not know.

Paul said on Thursday morning that nearly 9000 STs had been sold EXCLUDING 1901. That 4000 presentations are booked in and they're looking to continue presentations til end of april

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Those photos are quality, i think with there being a 'pitch' in place (even though its only sand at the mo) it really brings everything into perspective, really shows how close to finishing it is. very excited about this :amex:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I really hope the plans for a two tired east stand are evetually put in place! the Emirates size west stand makes the east look like......Colchester

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I really hope the plans for a two tired east stand are evetually put in place! the Emirates size west stand makes the east look like......Colchester

I think thats a certainty but it will as always be dependandant on success. I think it will only be done if we get into the premier league.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think thats a certainty but it will as always be dependandant on success. I think it will only be done if we get into the premier league.

It wil be dependent on several things, of which success on the pitch is only one. The principal factor will be whether the travel / transport infrastructure is adaquate for the increased capacity.

Nice photos by the way. The West Stand looks incredible. The North and South Stands look 'wrong' and too small in the context of the giant sweeping roof-lines, and the East looks alright.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just a reminder, the North Stand at the Goldstone felt huge when it was rammed with people - but in fact is smaller than the new North Stand at The Amex. As some people have said, once the seats are in and the grass has grown and there are people in the stands, it will seem less harsh and grey. I do think it will take a while for me to get used to the sloping roof over the North Stand though.

076513_9274a85e.jpg

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
It wil be dependent on several things, of which success on the pitch is only one. The principal factor will be whether the travel / transport infrastructure is adaquate for the increased capacity.

Nice photos by the way. The West Stand looks incredible. The North and South Stands look 'wrong' and too small in the context of the giant sweeping roof-lines, and the East looks alright.

with so much in place for expansion already and from some of the comments from Martin Perry about wanting to fill in the corners ASAP im wondering if the transport/travel infrastructure is not really going to be a problem at all, maybe the club have already got assurances from the council that they wont oppose any expansion??? I cant believe they would have done all the work for future expansion only for it to be declined by the council or whoever gives the green light.

Fantastic pics Brighton Boy.....looks superb now, imagine how its gonna look with a lush green pitch and all the seats in!!!!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
nice photos , the pitch looks in better condition now than the old baseball ground at derby ever looked in the 80s

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What is the white stuff on the South end of the East Stand (can just be seen in this pic). On the webcam it looks like they are cladding concrete floor prior to adding the seats. Surely that can't be right. Anyone a clue?

attachment.php

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The more i look at them pictures the more i wish the club had gone for 2 tiers on the East side as well. The West Stand looks awesome but the rest of the ground looks very plain to me.

Granted, the lop-sided roof behind the goal has always annoyed me a bit - but I expect that feeling to last about 30 seconds when the stadium is actually open!

Let's face it, if someone had offered us a ground that looks this good which was single tier all the way round, we'd have bitten their hand off. It's simply magnificent - so much better than the identikit new grounds most clubs are saddled with.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What is the white stuff on the South end of the East Stand (can just be seen in this pic). On the webcam it looks like they are cladding concrete floor prior to adding the seats. Surely that can't be right. Anyone a clue?

If you mean this, then it's just that the seating rails haven't been installed in that area yet.

Attachments

• 0018.JPG
    0018.JPG
    361.8 KB · Views: 215

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here