Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other - please state

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I have surprised myself by calling it the Amex

Same here.

I think also I thought of Falmer as a cause rather than an actual stadium.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Falmer, Falmer, Falmer.

Nothing really wrong with the Amex except that I have a natural aversion to the corporate thing and what are you going to call the place when American Express stop sponsoring it?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Amex for me.

Of all the potential corporate names out there, I think we've done pretty well in terms of a name that people are willing to use and which actually sounds pretty cool as well (IMO at least).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I made up my mind that I was always going to call it Falmer. Lo and behold, I now call it the Amex and am very comfortable with that. Like the sound of it and hope it doesn't change for the forseeable future.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Amex for me ever since the stadium was named officially.

Falmer to me represents a long, drawn out battle that saw our club limited to a meagre existence for 10 years longer than necessary thanks to the residents of the village of the damned. The stadium is actually in Brighton isn't it-so why call it Falmer?
It's still in Falmer, just the Brighton part of Falmer.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think the name "Amex" has resonated with fans because it's not a brand name that many of us have associations with.

We tend to refer to the company as "American Express" in Brighton and so Amex has a vaguely abstract feel about it.

If it was the Barclaycard Stadium, the Virgin Money Arena or Lloyds TSB Bowl, we'd probably think differently.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Falmer is the duck pond - Amex is the stadium.

I agree; I have childhood memories of Falmer and they represent the pond and feeding the donkeys which obviously predate the stadium development so, The Amex for me!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Amex for me ever since the stadium was named officially.

Falmer to me represents a long, drawn out battle that saw our club limited to a meagre existence for 10 years longer than necessary thanks to the residents of the village of the damned. The stadium is actually in Brighton isn't it-so why call it Falmer?

This sums up my feelings exactly. The word Falmer has so many negative memories.

I think THE AMEX sounds pretty damn cool myself!

god, this again.... yeah and when the deal is up? I'm old enough to remember how some thought it was great we had "British Caledonian" on our shirts, (big well known firm, shiney blue shirts etc) it wasn't so 'cool' when it became NOBO, (I personally believe any money made from that deal was lost due to poor sales of replica shirts)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's still in Falmer, just the Brighton part of Falmer.

?
The Amex (stadium) is, I believe, 100% in Brighton, the coach and car parks are in Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here