Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Opening Ceremony ... What Do You Reckon?

Vic's Stick

Nov 18, 2009
I think it should be an understated dignified affair.

The lone bugler, who played "the Last Post" at the Goldstone, should be invited to play "Sussex By The Sea." And then Peter Ward and Bobby Zamora could walk onto the pitch and beat to death an eagle tethered to a post in the centre circle.

:falmer:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do one chaps, we all know it'll be a cheeky speech by Knight & Bloom, Martin Perry bursting into song in the centre circle a la Phil Brown, followed by the usual out of time bouncing around by the UK's least coordinated cheerleaders, Gully's Girls.

Oct 25, 2003
i would like to see about 20 of my albion flair icons performing the ENTIRE 14 odd minute version of michael jacksons "thriller" IN costume

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3461154 said:
I've had 4 friends all say they'll give me a boner each if I streak,

That's more like it

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Do one chaps, we all know it'll be a cheeky speech by Knight & Bloom, Martin Perry bursting into song in the centre circle a la Phil Brown, followed by the usual out of time bouncing around by the UK's least coordinated cheerleaders, Gully's Girls.

Whelp, I really really hope you are wrong. That would be the biggest let down ever. But who cares once your walking along the blue and white brick road to Falmer :falmer:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why put the words in the programme when there're BIG SCREENS?

I think we should just have the band then get on with the footy.

Oh, and fireworks are not permited. :nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3461154 said:
What about the Withdean closing ceremony?

I've had 4 friends all say they'll give me a oner each if I streak, if I was pissed enough think I might just do it :lolol:

Buzzer's idea...

150 MegaWatt PA system pointing towards John Catt's house, with Motorhead live on stage.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think it should be an understated dignified affair.

The lone bugler, who played "the Last Post" at the Goldstone, should be invited to play "Sussex By The Sea." And then Peter Ward and Bobby Zamora could walk onto the pitch and beat to death an eagle tethered to a post in the centre circle.

:falmer:

There is something quite poignant about this.

How about the lone buglar playing "reveillie", with a full brass band playing Sussex by the Sea afterwards.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yes yes yes. The lone bugler to start things off.
Would the 'Red Arrows' become the 'Blue & White Arrows', for one occasion.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
An announcement over the PA system to say that Bill Archer and David Bellotti are present , buried under several tons of concrete.

Make sure that the concrete is nowhere near the stadium complex. I don't want anything to do with those three scrotes anywhere near Falmer-not even their rotting, concrete covered carcases.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
All of the remaining campaign banners should be dusted off and hung around the stadium.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Make sure that the concrete is nowhere near the stadium complex. I don't want anything to do with those three scrotes anywhere near Falmer-not even their rotting, concrete covered carcases.

Correct. Me neither.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here