Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Opening Ceremony ... What Do You Reckon?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
I've heard on the grapevine that parties are being invited to tender for the opening ceremony at the wonderful cathedral of seagull love.

No doubt it will be epic and we'll all be blubbing like babies, but what would YOU like to see.

Personally I'd love Nicky Keig-Chevlin doing a Diana Ross and missing an open goal like the USA '94 piss-up-in-a-brewery episode.

[yt]WXjCKwBtG0I[/yt]

:falmer:

videos may be embedded to visualise your special head thoughts.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As long as we have a proper brass band blasting out GOSBTS, I'm happy.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Would be good to see as many ex Albion players there as possible, particularly the ones who've played at Withdean and joined in the stadium protests.

And the Falmer for all lot.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
And then 22,500 Albion fans sing it at the correct speed.

Brass band....& to ensure it's sung at the right pace with the right words, an accompaniment by those Sussex Regiment chappies who sing a rip-roaring and heart wrenching rendition.

Can even print the words on the programme or whatever we'll be sold / handed.

Then how about a walk down memory lane with the use of our super huge new screens showing highlights over the years with a background of some Albion related tunes - Goldstone Rap, GOSBTS (Attila version), that "Palace Went To Wembley" song when they replay the Albion goals flying in against them).

To finish off, just like others have said, Fatboy Sliminima (& some of the other Skint lads) playing some records, waving his arms in the air and watching the BEST & most OUTRAGEOUS pyrotechnics ever seen in our fair county....perhaps depicting Archer on top of a bonfire?!?!?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As long as we have a proper brass band blasting out GOSBTS, I'm happy.

That would be quality......as would a complete absence of cheerleaders of any description.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
An announcement over the PA system to say that Bill Archer and David Bellotti are present , buried under several tons of concrete.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mendoza parachuting down from the clouds but, in a novel twist to the 'try to land in the centre circle' thing, I'd like his descent to coincide with a pro/celebrity pantomime horse race.

As Mendoza gently falls towards the lush green hallowed turf of Falmer he will aim to land on the back of the pantomime horse made up of Richie (front) and Spielbeg (back-end). From this position Mendoza would, like any top-class jockey, get his mount to the front at the right time and secure victory.

As Spielberg emerges, coughing and spluttering from his costume, 'Glad All Over' will belt out from the impressive new PA system.

It would be wonderful and there's a quid of my money to the REMF if it could happen.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I'd like to see the 1983 FA Cup Final team circling around in the stadium in a B Cal chopper, and then land on the centre circle.

Might cause a stir

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here