Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer official start?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
For which medium did Des interview Micky (and I don't mean Doris Stokes)?

GREAT day and some great pics too. Deeply jealous of those who were there.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I'm not talking about the helicopter, I'm talking about your name dropping of players we have attempted/are now attempting to bring in.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
FFS Do you EVER stop being sanctimoneous on this subject?

Those people who are sceptical have EVERY right to be. So far we have a ploughed field and no stadium. That is the FACT of the matter.

People like you were saying they would remain sceptical until the diggers moved in. Well now they have and still you post this absurd comment. Perhaps when it's almost built you'll be telling us so far we have a stadium and no pitch. Get a life.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I'm not talking about the helicopter, I'm talking about your name dropping of players we have attempted/are now attempting to bring in.

that was just off the cuff as we are always linked with him. I apologise I will no longer attempt to make such mediokre joshings. Good day.

I am off now to spend some time Christmas shopping with Tommy Elphick, before settling down to dinner with Uncle Dick Knight in the managers office at Withdean, with aconverstaion topics such as tranfer targets and ticket arrangements for Wembley and Falmer :wave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They marked out exactly where the goalposts are going to be, and Martin Perry scored the first ever Falmer goal!

*switches into BigGully mode*

"No doubt it was an OWN goal then."

switches back to Easy 10 mode*

Oh do f*** off you miserable bedwetter.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
that was just off the cuff as we are always linked with him. I apologise I will no longer attempt to make such mediokre joshings. Good day.

I am off now to spend some time Christmas shopping with Tommy Elphick, before settling down to dinner with Uncle Dick Knight in the managers office at Withdean, with aconverstaion topics such as tranfer targets and ticket arrangements for Wembley and Falmer :wave:

:clap:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Hardly insider knowledge when I didnt even go, or even know he was in a helicopter until I read someone else had posted it on here

He wasnt actually in the helicopter.......It was his wife.

He was stood next to me at the time

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
People like you were saying they would remain sceptical until the diggers moved in. Well now they have and still you post this absurd comment. Perhaps when it's almost built you'll be telling us so far we have a stadium and no pitch. Get a life.
"People like me"! I remain somewhat sceptical until the thing is BUILT (having contributed the required effort over 8 years or so), and you have a problem with that? It's great that it looks like it's going ahead, and I've not moaned for a while now. I just find Phil's tone somewhat irritating - gloating and moaning at anyone who hasn't acted like a bobblehatter for every day over the past ten years is a bit rich.

Oh and I have a life thanks. Probably a lot BETTER than yours too. :bigwave:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
*switches into BigGully mode*

"No doubt it was an OWN goal then."

switches back to Easy 10 mode*

Oh do f*** off you miserable bedwetter.
:D

Careful! He'll be on here in a minute to tell you that your attempt at humour has backfired.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Its becoming a reality. Come on folks, lets at least enjoy the fact that we are on our way. At times, it would seem that we wouldn't get this far.

I really cant wait until the first match. Hearing Good old Sussex by the Sea always makes the hair on my kneck stand, but on that day I think I will blub like a baby.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
but on that day I think I will blub like a baby.

No shame to say that as Paul Samrah spoke today, I moved away and had a little teary moment.

The enormity of what was happening hit me. It may be a muddy field but it is our muddy field (well on a long lease anyway). Work is underway (finally) and the amount of the site that will be covering buildings that are to be demolished was clearly apparent.

I understand and appreciate that people will be sceptical until there is a fully built and fully functioning stadium there. We have had too many let downs over the years. I would hate to be Martin Perry over the next 2+ years. Every time someone goes past the site and nothing appears to be happening NSC will be full of posts speculating if the 'money has run out', when normal building delays occur or gas pipes get hit etc then the impact will be analysed to death and so on.

Interestingly though my friend at McAlpines says that Martin Perry devised and introduced the just in time material delivery approach there so that will be tested to the full

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here