Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer official start?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
No shame to say that as Paul Samrah spoke today, I moved away and had a little teary moment.

The enormity of what was happening hit me. It may be a muddy field but it is our muddy field (well on a long lease anyway). Work is underway (finally) and the amount of the site that will be covering buildings that are to be demolished was clearly apparent.

I understand and appreciate that people will be sceptical until there is a fully built and fully functioning stadium there. We have had too many let downs over the years. I would hate to be Martin Perry over the next 2+ years. Every time someone goes past the site and nothing appears to be happening NSC will be full of posts speculating if the 'money has run out', when normal building delays occur or gas pipes get hit etc then the impact will be analysed to death and so on.

Interestingly though my friend at McAlpines says that Martin Perry devised and introduced the just in time material delivery approach there so that will be tested to the full

Great post ROSM

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
that was just off the cuff as we are always linked with him. I apologise I will no longer attempt to make such mediokre joshings. Good day.

I am off now to spend some time Christmas shopping with Tommy Elphick, before settling down to dinner with Uncle Dick Knight in the managers office at Withdean, with aconverstaion topics such as tranfer targets and ticket arrangements for Wembley and Falmer :wave:

:laugh: that really made me laugh!!

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Anybody know if the assembled throng was spared an Attila poem?

WHAT? You little prick!

Have you ever read Goldstone Ghosts? One of the most evocative pieces of
writing that I've ever read. It still brings a tear to my eye!

Have you forgotten the tireless effort he made back in the dark days of
archole & bullshitti? The crusade to Mellor probably had a lot to do with
making archole realise that we were serious and so selling to Dick Knight.

This is a thread about Falmer, keep your nasty cheap jibes to yourself.

I for one salute John Baine for helping keep the Albion in the news these
past few depressing years, he is a true supporter!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here