Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer & Lewes DC combining to get legal advice re Falmer

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Biscuit said:
Lets all turn out in our colours for this meeting then?

Our Falmer campaign has been extremly well organised so far, but I for one, am getting tired of the anti Falmer brigade trying to kill of our club. There can be no delay. We won that stadium fair and square, our demostrations and approach has been second to none. But maybe now it's time to start letting people know our patience isn't never ending. There is limits.

Not just a council voting 11-2 in our favour - an inquiry. Not just ONE inquiry but two. Now some NIMBYS think they can take it to JR? They are kidding.

I'm going to that meeting. :glare:

If it helps ruin your life i will donate 5k

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Lord Bracknell said:
Thursday 24 November 24 at 2.30pm - The Downs Leisure Centre, Seaford
Bloody hell Lord B? Are you sure? Wouldn't that be nearly 19 years too late? :lolol:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Think it's worth bouncing The History Man's comments:

If you live in Lewes District then now is the time to put a bit of pressure on the council.

By their own figures, the council spent about £160,000 on the public inquiry. Any more would surely be an even more serious waste of money - YOUR money!

And let's face it, the evidence shows that many more people support the stadium in Lewes District than oppose it. Our petition had 4,958 signatures supporting the stadium from Lewes, the antis' petition had 994. I make that about 5 to 1 in favour.

It's been through a democratic process. They should now accept the result - and the benefits to Lewes District that will follow.

Needless to say, please keep all letters polite.

Really, this is only for Lewes District residents (which includes, East Saltdean, Telscombe Cliffs, Peacehaven, Newhaven, Seaford, Ringmer, Chailey, etc.) There is no point in everyone emailing the council leader or chief executive outside of Lewes because the messages will be ignored - and those from within Lewes will probably also get ignored. So please, Lewes residents only.

Your should write to your own councillor. If you don’t know who your district councillor is, contact Lewes District Council on (01273) 471600 or see
www.lewes.gov.uk/council/1818.asp

Note that some wards (in the towns) have two or even three councillors.

The leader of the council is Ann De Vecchi
Leader, Lewes District Council
47 Southover High Street, Lewes BN7 1HX
ann.devecchi@lewes.gov.uk

You can also try
John Crawford
Chief Executive, Lewes District Council
Lewes House, 32 High Street, Lewes BN7 2LX
john.crawford@lewes.gov.uk

It would also be worth letters to the editors of the Sussex Express and The Argus:
Sussex Express
Temple House, 25-26 High Street, Lewes BN7 2LU
www.lewestoday.co.uk/contactus.aspx

The Argus
Crowhurst Road, Hollingbury, Brighton BN1 8AR
www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/feedback/

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
There's a letter from some fool in Gosport in today's Argus....:blush:

Can't wait to see how they all kick off about it being none of my business, etc, etc......

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
My local counciller lives down the road from me, so rather than e-mail felt a visit was appropriate, we had a short discussion, and while he said that he wasn't nearly as important as the other councillers he completely agreed with me and would try and put that forward to his collegues keep e-mailing/writting all who live in LDC. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
we could always go through the phone book in Lewes and write letters on behalf of all the residents. I can do the A's

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
HampshireSeagulls said:
There's a letter from some fool in Gosport in today's Argus....:blush:

Can't wait to see how they all kick off about it being none of my business, etc, etc......
Thats some GOOD SOLID WORK there Hampshire :clap:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Have sent this to my 2 local councillers.

"I was very disappointed to learn that Lewes District Council is considering spending more council tax on opposing the Deputy Prime Minister's decision to grant planning permission for a community stadium at Falmer.

Having been through 2 public inquiries the final report to the DPM said that there was "nothing that demonstrates that any other site submitted would be appropriate for a community stadium" In addition the DPM has concluded "that there is no scope for developing an alternative outside the ANOB or any other way of meeting the need, which is realistic, acceptable in planning terms and deliverable".

Given these conclusions, to spend more money on legal and other fees in seeking a Judicial Review seems to me to be a misuse of taxpayers money, particularly when there are so many priorities facing the Council.

I do hope you agree with me and will do all in your power to persuade your colleagues to accept the decision of the Deputy Prime Minister."

Will let you know if a reply is received.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Gaffer said:

"I was very disappointed to learn that Lewes District Council is considering spending more council tax on opposing the Deputy Prime Minister's decision to grant planning permission for a community stadium at Falmer.

Having been through 2 public inquiries the final report to the DPM said that there was "nothing that demonstrates that any other site submitted would be appropriate for a community stadium" In addition the DPM has concluded "that there is no scope for developing an alternative outside the ANOB or any other way of meeting the need, which is realistic, acceptable in planning terms and deliverable".

Given these conclusions, to spend more money on legal and other fees in seeking a Judicial Review seems to me to be a misuse of taxpayers money, particularly when there are so many priorities facing the Council.

I do hope you agree with me and will do all in your power to persuade your colleagues to accept the decision of the Deputy Prime Minister."

Sounds good to me. I'll send some too.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Gaffer said:

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here