Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Funding

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
what a crap non story. If they actually looked into this they would realise that they are pointing out the obvious and we are aware of the clubs deadlines re this........ and assuming that they will stick to them........but to say in doubt....thats just nonsense.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That doesn't give me confidence. Martin Perry looks totally uncomfortable with those questions.

bollocks, he looked like someone tired of answering the same questions again and being carful not to say anything that will be nitpicked over for the next 2 months.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
i had about 3 pages of being slagged off when I suggested that the stadium building would not take place until next year in another thread

We had October touted around by Perry, then a fresh 2 week delay, which took us to November,
Perry in that interview said DECEMBER and that prediction having no contractor or funding secured

There is absolutely NOTHING in that report that hasn't been posted on the Club's website MONTHS AGO.

For example ...

Perry: December Start at Falmer | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Stadium | Stadium

Perry: December Start at Falmer

Posted on: Sat 14 Jun 2008

By Paul Camillin

Martin Perry today told seagulls.co.uk the club has achieved a major milestone by sending tender documents to a shortlist of three major building contractors.

The Albion chief executive also confirmed he fully expects work to begin on site at Falmer in December of this year.

"This is a significant milestone achieved. Three major contractors have been invited to submit detailed 'design and build' tender documents to the club.

"As we explained at Hove Town Hall in February this is a very complex process and we now have to allow a period of evaluation for both the contractors and ourselves.

"We will then make an announcement on who will build our new stadium in September. We have always aimed to be on site by the end of the year and we will begin work in early December."

Perry also moved to allay any fears that the current credit crunch might affect the stadium project.

"We have structured the financial package to make it attractive to the banks, even in this difficult financial climate, and we have already received strong expressions of interest from tier-one banks.

"Working closely with our financial advisors PriceWaterhouseCoopers we are confident of securing the necessary funding for our new home and hope to announce a preferred funding partner before the end of this year."

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't expect us to be playing at Falmer by August 2010.

If the last nine years have taught us anything is that these things don't go to plan and to expect delays...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Just because I'm CERTAIN we won't be playing at Falmer in 2010, I'm not necessarily blaming the club. The problem we have is that we've set ourselves too tight a schedule. Even if we get going in December it's going to be VERY tough to move in by August 2010, and that's presuming there are literally NO delays. A delay of even a few weeks now would totally screw us up, and there is bound to be one that is out of our control at least. I'm not having a pop at the club, just saying people should end any hopes of us playing at Falmer in two years.

Exactly, I cant help think the weather is going to play a massive part. We need more global warming, stop any heavy rain or snowfall over the winter months, otherwise we could have some serious delays on our hands.

20 months from start to finish seems very ambitious, but fair play if they pull it off

The planning process is the immediate obstacle to get through.

I posted this elsewhere on NSC on 15 July:-

Assuming the planning application goes to the council "in the next two to three weeks", it will be with the council by 1 August.

A sixteen week consultation period (needed because of the Environmental Impact Assessment) means that consultation will end on or about 16 November.

The Council officers then have to prepare a report to the Planning Committee. If they do this quickly, they might get it to the Planning Committee meeting on 3 December.

Assuming the Planning Committee grants planning permission, this will be subject to a 60 day appeal period ... meaning that the final go-ahead will be achieved on 1 February.

If the report doesn't get to the Planning Committee meeting on 3 December, the next available meeting is on 14 January. That would delay the final go-ahead until 15 March.

The planning applications I'm talking about are the "housekeeping application" to tidy up the loose ends relating to stadium design, the chalk removal application and the City College application.

These applications don't stand in the way of work starting in December, though.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Bear in mind we'd need to stage warm-up events for a safety certificate we would really have less than 20 months. More like 18. The club have already said it'll take 18 months to build, but I notice one of the contractors applying to build it said "18-24 months." I'd be shocked if we start any work in 2008, and I'll be getting my saw out if we play there in 2010. I've come to accept that 2011 is the realistic target.

I guess there are no rules to say we have to move in at the start of the season, it would make a good Christmas present I guess - a 2010 Boxing day game at Falmer to mark its opening. Or even new years day 2011 I would be happy with

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
cant we just build it now

why wait till decemeber

it doesnt take that long to find funding then we can get building

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here