Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Funding

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
how come the club wasnt on to the proposed backers, as soon as the last appeal expired, asking for their wonga ?

surely money would surely have to be earmarked for such an investment before any appeals/enquiries etc started, and no doubt is earning a few ££ in interest by now, with all the delays..

with a downturn in the economy, doesn't that create a surplus of labour, and reduced supply costs- offestting any lower value of the completed project..

bigger stadiums have been built in less time.

or is there something else thats giving them cold feet?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did I not read somewhere, possibly on here, that we must have started the building of the stadium by December 2008, ie the first bit of ground work, digger moving in and removing soil, must have been started by then if not we have to re-apply. I may well be mistaken but I am sure that something tells me in the back of my mind that I read that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Exactly, I cant help think the weather is going to play a massive part. We need more global warming, stop any heavy rain or snowfall over the winter months, otherwise we could have some serious delays on our hands.

20 months from start to finish seems very ambitious, but fair play if they pull it off

working on chalk, weather shouldnt pose too many problems unless its torrential downpours. as for the time scale, yes it is short but buildings go up like lego kits nowadays

Did I not read somewhere, possibly on here, that we must have started the building of the stadium by December 2008, ie the first bit of ground work, digger moving in and removing soil, must have been started by then if not we have to re-apply. I may well be mistaken but I am sure that something tells me in the back of my mind that I read that.

Don't know where you've heard this but it's incorrect. Secretary of State's letter dated 23rd July 2007; Annex A (ie the approval for Falmer) states:

"1. The development for which permission is hereby granted must be commenced within five years from the date of this permission."

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Don't know where you've heard this but it's incorrect. Secretary of State's letter dated 23rd July 2007; Annex A (ie the approval for Falmer) states:

"1. The development for which permission is hereby granted must be commenced within five years from the date of this permission."

Which is standard building regs. The same would apply if you wanted an extension on your home.

A lot of people getting in a flap and speculating about something that they actually have no knowledge on, apart from reading a few articles on different websites.

We've waited 10 years a few more months isn't going to make a huge difference.

Keep the faith!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I saw it on the news last week reported by those fat ugly pair who think they are funny, both so obviously Gillingham fans from past reports, both without a clue about Brighton, complete non story.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
As somebody who thinks that the stadium is unlikely to be built on time/in budget/by Martin & Dick even I can see that report is a load of shit and not really a story at all.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
FFS Ernest you are an intelligent person and even you can see how much of a non story this is!!

If you look on the official site and at Lord B's post above it's nothing we didn't know or will hold us back
FFS Steward you are an intelligent person (I think) and even you must be able to see that Ernest is a wind up merchant !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I will SUCK Mickey Adams KNOB in the dug out if he is STILL manager and we ARE playing at Falmer in August 2010

Kiss Dick Knight's arse while you're down there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here