Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer For All Press Release - Early Day Motion Tabled in House of Commons

Lolly

Jan 16, 2004
Earley, actually
Thank you for your email concerning EDM 889. EDMs are never debated and have little impact. I will take the matter up with the local MP for you.

Yours sincerely John Redwood

???

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Bill Wiggin MP for Hereford (shadow Welsh secretary) has told me he will sign it.

I think he was taken aback by the fact that I commute from South Wales to watch Brighton play as often as I can (12 times so far this season) and he liked the "We Want Falmer" banner on Big Ben too!

E-mailed local Labour MP Win Griffiths about signing the EDM but after his last reply to me ("I will speak to my Brighton & Hove colleagues about this when Parliament returns after half term") I'm not holding my breath.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I have emailed my local MP, Charles Hendry and Nicholas Soames, as I live on the border between their constituencies. I have made great play of the fact that Charles Hendry is the Shadow Minister for Young People:

If this application is not approved, as stated in the EDM, there is a strong likelihood that the club will no longer be viable. As Shadow Minister for Young People, I am sure that you are aware this will deprive a whole generation of young people of the ability to support their local football club, including many in your constituency.

Eddie and Ex-Shelton, you might mention it also as Charles Hendry is your MP.

Had a reply from Peter Bottomley. His response was predictable, as he's previously stated he's an "anti." However, he has forwarded my e-mail onto Judith Kirkbride, so hopefully it's not completely in vain.

Last edited:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i sent 12 emails to various mps with vague connections to my life story last night, was fun ....

doesnt seem to have had much effect !!

will now write to MP of my birthplace (Eastbourne)

"the future is Falmer"

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just emailed Tony Blair. (Well he emailed me first). Worth a try!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Zeitgeist said:
Had a reply from Peter Bottomley. His response was predictable, as he's previously stated he's an "anti." However, he has forwarded my e-mail onto Judith Kirkbride, so hopefully it's not completely in vain.

I've e-mailed Bottomley as well but not yet had a reply. Not holding my breath though

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
Exiled in Exeter said:
Emailed both my MPs Howard Flight (Arundel and South Downs).

I've Emailed Howard Flight too. I've not seen him since he came to our village pub looking for votes at the last election.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
The early day motion is the most positive thing that's happened in months.
Feeling much more upbeat now thanks to those Labour MP references,though may have ruined it with mine due to 'Angry of Tooting' style letter.

Email sent to Tim loughton MP for East Worthing and Shoreham.
Dear Mr Loughton,
I am writing to enquire whether You will be signing EDM 889 in favour of the community stadium Falmer,the benefits for the whole of Sussex are enormous.I will be checking for Your signature ,If it does not appear then I shall ask You NOT to Darken my doorstep Next May/June.
Reply.
Dear Mr Stubbs,
Thankyou for your email,I had been considering EDM 889.However in view of Your very aggresive comments I shall not be signing it.I never react positively to threats.
Tim Loughton MP:ohmy:
I'm sorry that I lost His signature but does my email really sound aggresive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here