Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer For All Press Release - Early Day Motion Tabled in House of Commons

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Good uses of lunch hour, no. 157:

Emailed both David Heath (Lib Dem, my MP), and Don Foster (Lib Dem MP for Bath, who once employed David Bellotti as his election agent), asking both to sign EDM 889.

The History Man

Aug 16, 2003
Brighton
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep all correspondence with MPs polite. Don't threaten them in any way, not even with your vote. The experience above shows it won't work.

After all, think how you react when someone threatens you. If it's a big six-footer you might agree :) but if you can't even see them and it's a letter or email you are unlikely to look on them favourably.

We are trying to win friends and influence people, not turn them into enemies.

This is very much crunch time for the future of our club. We need to be disciplined and organised. Anyone who deters an MP from signing EDM 889 is, I'm afraid, acting against the best interests of the Albion, however well-intentioned their motives. Sorry Stubbs. It may be, of course, that Mr Loughton was against the scheme anyway.

Please have a look at our EDM 889 website for guidance.

Thanks very much

Tim Carder
Falmer For All Campaign

Morgans Mullet

Mar 9, 2004
This reply from Tim Loughton is pathetic - how is not voting for Loughton 'aggresive'. I suspect he is against Falmer and looking for someone else to blame to avoid losing the large Albion vote in his constituency consisting of Shoreham, Southwick, Sompting and Broadwater.

Sir Brian Mawhinney (Con, North West Cambridgeshire) is a good catch for our cause. He is, of course, Chairman of the Football League.

A man who could help Darlington FC as well.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
s.stubbs said:
Email sent to Tim loughton MP for East Worthing and Shoreham.
Dear Mr Loughton,
I am writing to enquire whether You will be signing EDM 889 in favour of the community stadium Falmer,the benefits for the whole of Sussex are enormous.I will be checking for Your signature ,If it does not appear then I shall ask You NOT to Darken my doorstep Next May/June.
Reply.
Dear Mr Stubbs,
Thankyou for your email,I had been considering EDM 889.However in view of Your very aggresive comments I shall not be signing it.I never react positively to threats.
Tim Loughton MP:ohmy:
I'm sorry that I lost His signature but does my email really sound aggresive

you gotta be nice to them, Great that means the 5 or so e-mails from me/work collegues to him will fail because of that.....cheers mate :angry:

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
whoops screwed that up, ignore this!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
s.stubbs said:
Dear Mr Stubbs,
Thankyou for your email,I had been considering EDM 889.However in view of Your very aggresive comments I shall not be signing it.I never react positively to threats.
Tim Loughton MP
Don't sweat it.
This weasels scrotum was clearly not going to sign in favour of Falmer anyway, and has only bothered replying to you because he felt like coming back with a "how dare you speak to me that way...do you know how I am ?" attitude. If you'd written with a bit more toadying, he'd just have ignored it (like the others) and still not signed.

The fact that he is small minded enough to get all huffy and decide not to sign an EDM because of one "aggressive" email, despite the EDM's obvious merits, just shows what a small-minded, odious little prick this character is.

Stick it up your arse Loughton. I'll be sure to have a bucket full of something smelly ready if you bother trying to canvass me.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He's just taking the piss - look at the way hes capitalised Your in response to the same.

As an elected MP it is inherent in any representation to him that some of his future votes are in jeopardy if he takes an opposing stance. You have merely pointed that out in slightly colourful but not overly aggressive language. To refuse to do something on that basis alone is unprofessional and ultimately foolhardy. Perhaps point that out to Him.

Not sure he gives a shit though, being tory and all

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Charles Hendry (Cons - Wealden)

Had an e mail from me. As yet no reply

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
When contacting Tory MPs it is probably worth reminding them that Brighton & Hove Conservatives are strongly supportive of Falmer, and that the Shadow Minister of Sport, Judie Kirkbride, recently visited the Falmer site, and understands the benefits of Falmer over the Sheepcote Valley site proposed by the Local Plan inspector. Three Brighton & Hove tory councillors recently wrote to John Prescott on the subject of Falmer - their letter included the following:

"....unless a suitable new Stadium is constructed, Brighton and Hove and the surrounding area will lose one of its most treasured organisations.

‘Not only will the club be lost but this will also result in an enormous amount of community work being lost to the wider area of Sussex. The club operates a highly successful coaching scheme for local schools, supports women’s football, and plays a much valued role in promoting and supporting activities for underprivileged children and families.

‘This is a responsible football club and we have every reason to believe that the plans to create local employment from the Falmer and Moulsecoomb areas are well thought through, viable and will make a valuable contribution to the increased wellbeing of local residents and their families. There are excellent links by rail and park and ride schemes to Falmer are at an advanced stage of planning.

‘We believe that the Inspectors Report to Brighton and Hove City Council as a response to the Public Inquiry into objections to the Brighton and Hove Local Plan is seriously flawed in the section that deals with the Community Stadium. It describes a ploughed field, for many years earmarked for development, situated between the two sprawling campuses of the Sussex and Brighton Universities, as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

‘Furthermore, the report proposes that Sheepcote Valley, a landfill site for many decades, would be a credible alternative location for a Community Stadium. A completed landfill site is clearly not a suitable area for the construction of a Community Stadium and in addition, there is absolutely no way that necessary transport links could be provided.

‘We urge you to support the well-considered application by Brighton and Hove Albion to develop a Community Stadium at Falmer so that football supporters may continue to support their local Club."

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
Reply from my MP Tim Loughton.
Is it possible that he has had even more post prandial red wine than myself?

"Thank you for your e-mail. This is primarily a matter for Brighton & Hove & Lewes councils and their respective populations. Along with the other West Sussex Conservative MP's I have taken the view that I should keep out of the matter as it does in any case have ramifications for other house building projects along the foot of the Downs that we have been campaigning against with residents and in any case given previous form John Prescott is more likely to take a view diametrically opposed to our own. In any case we have have never been approached by Brighton & Hove Council or the football club to explain the project and enlist our support so it is better we keep out of it. In any case the EDM will have little effect on the outcome of John Presoctt's decision."
:shootself :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here