Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer For All Press Release - Early Day Motion Tabled in House of Commons

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Gordon the Gopher said:
Just finished emailing seven mates who all live in different parts of the country asking them to email their own MP's!

Just done similar with friends in other constituencies ... also emailing my MP David Miliband as he has been very supportive so far

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Lord Bracknell said:
My MP, Norman Baker, actually phoned me up this evening!

[He needed to send his apologies to a meeting that I was attending]

I'm sorry, folks - I didn't even waste my breath bothering to ask him to sign.

Alas he's my MP (for now) too. I can't say he represents me, he just happens to be an MP in my area :(

I'm not going to waste my breathe.

Roll on the elections!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Padders said:
Was that in her Renault Clio

Quite possibly. Can't remember. It was during the last election when I was working in Stockport.

To whoever asked if Ivor C is allowed to sign, the answer is no. Members of the government by convention do not sign EDMs.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Jeremy Corbyn emailed. He's a gooner so he should be in a good mood today. Also congratulated him on his fine speech at the anti-war demo on Saturday.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Since I first checked this 3 hous ago 3 MP's have since signed - Paul Flynn (LAB Newport West), Greg Pope (LAB, Hyndburn) and Laura Moffat (LAB, Crawley) to join the 6 already signed. Good going guys.

Unfortunately my MP sits in the Indonesian parliament and is a corrupt git who controls the illegal logging racket in one of our finest national parks, so I won't be contacting him:p

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
mind you it seems that upwards of 50 MP's sign most EDM's, with several getting more than 100.

We are number 831 in the league table of active EDM's, 5 places behind this:

That this House congratulates Colchester United Football Club on reaching the 5th round of the FA Cup; notes that the 4th round replay 3-1 victory over Coventry City adds to the list of higher division clubs defeated by Colchester over the years; pay tribute to the team, manager Phil Parkinson, chairman Mr Peter Heard and all associated with Colchester United; and wishes the club further success.

:eek:

and 19 MP's signed this one...

That this House warmly congratulates Accrington Stanley FC on their achievement on being in the draw for the Fourth Round of the FA Cup; notes that they will have had to take on three Football League clubs to get this far; wishes them well in their replay against Colchester; and looks forward to their eventual return to the Football League, of which Accrington were founder members.

:shootself

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
good god there's more..

27 signatures! why! haven't our MP's got better things to do?

That this House warmly congratulates Hornchurch FC on getting into the second round of the FA Cup; and wishes the team every success in the second round tie against Tranmere Rovers on 6th December

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
gah help people, I live in Shoreham and thought my MP was under Adur but appears not so, looked for Shoreham but nothing and now I'm stuck! Anyone know who it is?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
s.stubbs said:
The mp for East Worthing and Shoreham is Tim Loughton,I've emailed Him but not Holding My breath as He is of the same Ilk as Bottomley ,not interested unless there's a drink in it:tosser:

cool thanks, I'll mail him anyway and see if I get a response, I'll mention that in the 61,000 petitions over 1300 came from Shoreham!

mail sent

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
David Miliband is not allowed to sign either, as he is a Government Minister. It seems only backbenchers and opposition party members can sign.

O/T David Miliband is a bit of a hero to my partner Daisy. Aside from his family's left wing history, he is a minister at the Department for Education and Skills who has allowed Daisy's school to become the first ever Montessori school in the UK to enter the state sector.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here