Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Finance - £20million from one individual

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I want to get to the Premiership with the use of shrewd signings and hard graft. I don't want some multi-millionaire waltzing in and giving Adams £2 million to buy the best team in the Division.....oh wait, yes I do!
Great news if this indeed turns out to be true, i'm extremely excited about next season already. Might have a punt on us to get promoted before we start signing players :ascarf:

Do you know what the the only time I ever bet on the Albion getting promotion? .... Was when Adams was last here!

Does anyone have any ideas of what odds we can get for next season? Or am I too keen?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Everybody goes on about Chelsea and Abramovich but all seem to forget the club with the most wealthy directors who I believe will be the next one to join the big 4, Queens Park Rangers, their combined wealth make Chelsea look like poor cousins.

It depends on how much of their combined wealth they want to put into the football club.

Dandyman

In London village.
Could n't we just sell HUGH amounts of crack to school children and then buy some ludicrously overpriced Carlos Kickaball with the proceeds?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
And they all lived happily ever after

The End

I love this thread! NSC Gold for sure.

We start off with a rumour/sauce and we then get £20m look good to get promoted into the Championship on £2m of it, then next we are in the Premiership and low and behold we are now in the top 4. (Edit : following the Albion in Europe)

NURSE! :clap2:

Last edited:

well with Gold and Sullivan planning to leave Birmingham, and with there known connections to this town, it looks like they will be investing here next!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
well with Gold and Sullivan planning to leave Birmingham, and with there known connections to this town, it looks like they will be investing here next!

Neither are taking their money out though so can't invest here, They were just giving up the high profile positions to become normal board members

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Neither are taking their money out though so can't invest here, They were just giving up the high profile positions to become normal board members

Could they not set 'up a company' with other people as the share holders and lend the company eg £30m as private individuals, and thus have no say in the running of the company and therefore the football club during their involvement with Brum, but just be repaid per week or % whatever, and then be employed by the company as consultants to advise the shareholders. Is this not possible to circumvent FA rules.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Could they not set 'up a company' with other people as the share holders and lend the company eg £30m as private individuals, and have no say in the running of the company and therefore the football club during their involvement with Brum but just be repaid per week or % whatever anmd then be employed by the company as consultants to advise the shareholders. Is this not possible to circumvent FA rules.

Possible but not 100% sure on the FL rules so can't give a 100% answer

Sounds like a plan though:thumbsup:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think t the Gold Story holds more truth. We all know that Gold wants out of Birmingham. He has already stated that for a 70 yr old travelling to birmingham is taking its toll. However he wants to stay in football.

Now I know the chinese deal went pear shaped, but what with Birmingham going down, the fans on his back, does he really want all the hassle with that lot. Or does he prefer investing in us, a local club.

It may well be that behind the scenes, Gold has already told Knight of his plans to leave Birmingham and invest in the Albion.

certainly there is money behind the Albion, cos the Wilkins story doesn't make sense otherwise

buller89

Aug 9, 2007
Horsham
I think t the Gold Story holds more truth. We all know that Gold wants out of Birmingham. He has already stated that for a 70 yr old travelling to birmingham is taking its toll. However he wants to stay in football.

Now I know the chinese deal went pear shaped, but what with Birmingham going down, the fans on his back, does he really want all the hassle with that lot. Or does he prefer investing in us, a local club.

It may well be that behind the scenes, Gold has already told Knight of his plans to leave Birmingham and invest in the Albion.

certainly there is money behind the Albion, cos the Wilkins story doesn't make sense otherwise

I agree, it does seem that the club has managed to find some financial clout from somewhere. We record a loss for the tax year but we do seem to have some money around now. I think Gold is the plausable explanation unless Bloom has decidided to really start pumping money into the club. Or a possible massive sponsorship deal has been agreed including stadium naming rights or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here