Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Finance - £20million from one individual

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Does anyone know the kinda mindset of the lending institutions on Stadia ??

I fully recognise that lending mindset on housing.

But I wonder how the banks feel about Stadiums, if the owners default on the re-payments.

What exactly do they do with a repossessed Stadium ?

Has a fairly recently built Stadium ever been repossessed ?

Or does it all go into administration and another football consortium get it on the cheap ??

What I am trying to say is, is it harder to borrow against Stadiums than say, Housing Developments.

Just wondered !!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Maybe Bill Archer has discovered an emotion called " GUILT " and decided to donate £20m to our stadium fund?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My mate who is a Chelsea Fan recons that Abramovitch hasnt put a penny into
chelsea, rather loans and guarantees that are repayable on demand, thereby putting Chelsea very much at the whim of his support......in that there are some very nervous people about as Abramovitch has not even being coming to important league games and the feeling is he is losing interest.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Greg Stanley done very well from loaning the club money. I remember a loan made prior to selling the Goldstone was structured with penalty clauses which increased the clubs "debt" to him. As his old mate Bill was running things it was safe to say these penalty clauses would be invoked. :censored:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My mate who is a Chelsea Fan recons that Abramovitch hasnt put a penny into
chelsea, rather loans and guarantees that are repayable on demand, thereby putting Chelsea very much at the whim of his support......in that there are some very nervous people about as Abramovitch has not even being coming to important league games and the feeling is he is losing interest.

Isnt this the same as ?? Harding, who died in the helicopter crash, did for Chelsea and Bates. He knew that they could not raise money through the banks so lent them, as opposed to gave them as is widely assumed, money at a high rate of interest. He was then seen by The Shed as Chelsea's saviour, which he may well have been, but at no cost to himself.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Looking more likely that Adenstar will be involved in the construction somehow then!!

I don't know why they are bothering with this tendering farce, just get Adenstar to get on with it.

Its been abundantly clear since about seven years ago that they would win the contract!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I don't know why they are bothering with this tendering farce, just get Adenstar to get on with it.

Its been abundantly clear since about seven years ago that they would win the contract!

Not 100% but i would be surprised if anyone else got hold of it!

Saying that i have been involved with quite a few Adenstar contracts over the last 5 years and the quality is fantastic.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Adenstar aren't big enough to get the full contract. I expect they'll get some crumbs though.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
What I heard was that their are three main contractors and Adenstar are not one of them due to their links with Brighton. The contractors are the one that built St Marys, the one that built Milton Keynes and a company that has links with Mowlems.

Who built St Marys and MK then?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Mowlem made a f***ing HAIMS of the Port Tunnel here, can see the roof leaking and fire alarms going off for no reason all over the stadium if they get it...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I agree - I understand that Adenstar will be happy with some of the smaller sub-contracts arising from the build..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here