Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer District Council Meeting

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Me thinks were not gnna know until 4th september:censored:

I don't think we'll know then. I think they won't reveal it to anyone except the Government and we'll have to wait for an offical announcement from them.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Do we know exactly who these councillors are?

Can we list them so that they will forever be reviled?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
YES WE CAN FIND OUT.

Any minutes or decisions made tonight must be made available under the Freedom of Information Act.

Can I urge everybody to write to FPC demanding a copy of the minutes under the FOI.

They are legally bound to respond within 28 days( I think 28 days anyway)

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
YES WE CAN FIND OUT.

Any minutes or decisions made tonight must be made available under the Freedom of Information Act.

Can I urge everybody to write to FPC demanding a copy of the minutes under the FOI.

They are legally bound to respond within 28 days( I think 28 days anyway)

hahaha excellent idea :laugh: The FOI states, " The range of public bodies covered by FOI is very wide, ranging from central government departments to individual schools and parish councils."

Also its 20 working days they have so my request is already in the post.

About time i got to be a pain in the arse for someone with the FOI Act.

The Argus loves it, the majority of crap stories they run about the Police these days are cheap journos making FOI requests about something or other that they can then manipulate and sensationalise. Tossers.

Quick Guide to make a request:

Any person can make a request under the Act - there are no restrictions on your age, nationality, or where you live.

All you have to do is write to (or email) the public authority that you think holds the information you want. You should make sure that you include:

your name
an address where you can be contacted
a description of the information that you want
You don't have to mention the Freedom of Information Act, but there is no reason not to if you want to.

You should try to describe the information you want in as much detail as possible - for example "minutes of the meeting where the decision to do X was made", rather than "everything you have about X". This will help the public authority find the information you need.

Public authorities must comply with your request promptly, and should provide the information to you within 20 working days (around a month). If they need more time, they must write to you and tell you when they will be able to answer your request, and why they need more time.

If your request is refused
If a public authority is withholding all or some of the information that you have asked for, they must tell you why - for example, to protect national security or someone's health and safety.
Your right of appeal
If your request is refused, you should first ask the public authority for an internal review of their decision. Someone in the authority who was not connected with the initial decision should carry out this review.

If you have already done this, or the public authority refuses to review their decision, you can appeal to the independent Information Commissioner. He has the power to investigate the way the public authority handled your request and the answer they gave. If he agrees that they have wrongly withheld information, he can order them to disclose it to you

That'll keep the buggers at FPC busy!!!

Last edited:

I think it is 20 working days Buzzer. If enough of us ask the same question, each worded differently, it might cost the poxy council a bit of cash. That is if we can make sure each question requires a separate answer.

I'm tired of playing this fairly while a handful of snobs take the piss out of all of us.

The Argus loves it, the majority of crap stories they run about the Police these days are cheap journos making FOI requests about something or other that they can then manipulate and sensationalise. Tossers.

Was it your car that was stolen from Arundel police station then?:lolol:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Are they breaking the law by holding this meeting in private?Thought the public and the press had the right to be there.

Collar Feeler

Jul 26, 2003
And since the requests can be made by email there is no reason why they cannot be made to Miss Cuttress as Chair of FPC. Her email address for these FOI Act requests is melaniecutress@yahoo.co.uk

I await her reply to my request for the entire minutes of last nights meeting. Each subsequent meeting shall also get an email from me requesting the minutes. I shall fill my large black boots from now on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
And since the requests can be made by email there is no reason why they cannot be made to Miss Cuttress as Chair of FPC. Her email address for these FOI Act requests is melaniecutress@yahoo.co.uk

I await her reply to my request for the entire minutes of last nights meeting. Each subsequent meeting shall also get an email from me requesting the minutes. I shall fill my large black boots from now on.

Your quite enjoying this :laugh:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
email sent just now:

Dear Mrs Cutress

Minutes of the Falmer Parish Council 7th August 2007

This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act for a copy of the above.

Please note you have 20 working days to respond.

I attach a link to the government FOI website detailing my rights and your responsibilities as Chair of the Parish Council.

http://www.foi.gov.uk/yourRights/index.htm

Yours sincerely

Lee Burrows

Collar Feeler

Jul 26, 2003
Also I've just been doing some more digging and regardless of whether FPC hold their meetings in private or public the content of those meetings are of public interest if the meeting is to discuss parish business. Therefore any suggestion that they might have a little private get together in someones house to discuss the options is fine as long as they don't mind recieving an email from me and/or others demanding to know the content of the meeting. If they want to fight dirty and continue this pointless head in the sand attitide then bring it on my gloves are off!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
there is another thread which said they didnt hold the meeting 'cos the Argus was present - which suggests to me, whatever their decision, they'll make it at the last possible moment. The best we can hope for is to find out from some sort of 'leak'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here