Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer District Council Meeting

email sent just now:

Dear Mrs Cutress

Minutes of the Falmer Parish Council 7th August 2007

This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act for a copy of the above.

Please note you have 20 working days to respond.

I attach a link to the government FOI website detailing my rights and your responsibilities as Chair of the Parish Council.

http://www.foi.gov.uk/yourRights/index.htm

Yours sincerely

Lee Burrows

I'm not sure this works as far as the Freedom of Information Act is concerned.

The Minutes of a Parish Council meeting only become the official Minutes when they have been approved by the following meeting.

If Falmer Parish Council works in the same way as the parish council I am a member of, the next meeting is likely to be held in two months time - say early October. Any request under the Freedom of Information Act has to wait until the Minutes are approved.

My guess is that FPC can legitimately wait until 21 days after that before they are obliged to send you a copy.

And Melanie Cutress is not the Chair of the Falmer Parish Council.

However ... just like all parish councils, Falmer will almost certainly post the draft minutes on the village notice board well before the next meeting.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

The Minutes of a Parish Council meeting only become the official Minutes when they have been approved by the following meeting.

If Falmer Parish Council works in the same way as the parish council I am a member of, the next meeting is likely to be held in two months time - say early October. Any request under the Freedom of Information Act has to wait until the Minutes are approved.

My guess is that FPC can legitimately wait until 21 days after that before they are obliged to send you a copy.

However ... just like all parish councils, Falmer will almost certainly post the daft minutes on the village notice board well before the next meeting.

ummmmmmmm

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

However ... just like all parish councils, Falmer will almost certainly post the draft minutes on the village notice board well before the next meeting.

LDC have her down as such....more inaccuracies.

We can ask for transcripts of meetings though, can't we?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well regardless, it'll all be out in the open eventually. Knowing it prior to Sept 4th ain't going to change anything.

If I was drafting the Minutes of tonight's FPC's meeting, the relevant paragraph would say:-

The Council discussed the decision of the Secretary of State in relation to the Falmer Stadium application and resolved to consider any legal advice when it is received.

No more, no less than that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well if I was drafting the Minutes of tonights FPC meeting, the relevant paragraph would say:-

The Council discussed the decision of the Secretary of State in relation to the Falmer stadium application, and resolved that they were in fact all a bunch of withered old cackbadgers who smell of poo and wee and should all f*** off back under their rock and stop smelling of poo and wee so there.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Well if I was drafting the Minutes of tonights FPC meeting, the relevant paragraph would say:-

The Council discussed the decision of the Secretary of State in relation to the Falmer stadium application, and resolved that they were in fact all a bunch of withered old cackbadgers who smell of poo and wee and should all f*** off back under their rock and stop smelling of poo and wee so there.

:laugh: like some Little Britain sketch!

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Bracknell your spoiling our fun now! Oh well it doesn't stop me asking FPC all manner of pointless questions just to pee them off.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Am i right in the assumption that you can request the minutes in paper format, ie, by post? If so, this will be far more time consuming, not to mention expensive for FPC so i do hope none of you will be petty enough to insist on it in this way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here