Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer design

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's bollocks is it mate???

No I will tell you what bollocks is, the support and attitude of albion fans at withdean, if you sing, make comments or even stand and support the team,....its like your interferring with their enjoyment...suddenly fans dont have legs, voices or interest other than just sitting like a fcuking dummy for 90 mins.

So please explain on so so many occasions at withdean...there are so many people shouting sit down without kids, not getting involved in any shape or form and it seems they are going for the sake of going not actually supporting the team or inputting anything into it at all!!

As for falmer.....we need more behind the goal seats....and a double tier but got forbid talking about what the thread is really about.

So just to clarify, are you criticising the Withdean support generally now, rather than the Family Stand specifically?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's bollocks is it mate???

No I will tell you what bollocks is, the support and attitude of albion fans at withdean, if you sing, make comments or even stand and support the team,....its like your interferring with their enjoyment...suddenly fans dont have legs, voices or interest other than just sitting like a fcuking dummy for 90 mins.

So please explain on so so many occasions at withdean...there are so many people shouting sit down without kids, not getting involved in any shape or form and it seems they are going for the sake of going not actually supporting the team or inputting anything into it at all!!

As for falmer.....we need more behind the goal seats....and a double tier but got forbid talking about what the thread is really about.

Yes. It's bollocks. You're talking utter and complete bollocks.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Here we go.......bring it on you sheep mugs!

Come on who's next!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You've lost me now. I'm a sheep, for questionning your comments criticising the level of support from the FS?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
You've lost me now. I'm a sheep, for questionning your comments criticising the level of support from the FS?

I think you will find that comment wasnt associated with you.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
why is it so hard to understand my thoughts and opinion on the family area's of the ground and the overall general withdean support?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
why is it so hard to understand my thoughts and opinion on the family area's of the ground and the overall general withdean support?

Otherwise you will find yourself in the family stand where standing,saying fcuk or bollocks and supporting and getting behind the team is looked down on.

???

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Me then? I too was defending the atmosphere in the family stand. Care to elaborate as to why you think I'm a sheep?

I must go now as I cannot afford to spend anymore time sharing opinions, facts and the in's and outs of withdean, its fans and overall atmos which we know is AWFUL anywhere, falmers expanion (which is what this is about)

Cheers guys and up the albion.

See you all saturday where I shall be stood in front of kids and teaching them to say CU*T!

Seeeaaaaaaaaaaaguuuls!!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Because your thinking is muddled, you move from specifics and extrapolate generalisms from that, your post is littered with grammatical errors, you appear not to have ever experienced the atmosphere in a packed family stand and you now appear to be going off on irrelevant tangents.

How about that?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Because your thinking is muddled, you move from specifics and extrapolate generalisms from that, your post is littered with grammatical errors, you appear not to have ever experienced the atmosphere in a packed family stand and you now appear to be going off on irrelevant tangents.

How about that?

I hate it when I drift from specifics to extrapolate generalisms.

Ha Ha.....not a packed family stand, bore off mate...ive heard a better atmos at the cricket!! Now thats a fact mr specific.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I'll have a go, if you like.

I'd belt up if I were you, until you can come back with something coherent.

Well your not me Mr Large, so thanks for the advice.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I hate it when I drift from specifics to extrapolate generalisms.

Ha Ha.....not a packed family stand, bore off mate...ive heard a better atmos at the cricket!! Now thats a fact mr specific.

And I've heard better comebacks from my 7 year old. Go on admit it. You don't have the foggiest notion what I'm referring to with going from the specific to the general, mr muddled.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think there may be a picture of a 2 tier East Stand in the Leyton Orient programme, there is certainly one here though clearly that is NOT the design that we have permission for.

A sign of the future? Falmer would be transformed in to a pretty awesome sight if this happened along with the Ends being filled.

Attachments

• Falmer complete.jpg
    Falmer complete.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 252

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That picture always makes me laugh. Simply for the Brighton player closest the camera, standing, facing completely the wrong way, as if nothing to do with the match. Easy to please me.
Thats supposed to be Virgo if he is pointing a finger at someone. ;)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I also thought sitting behind the goal is where a lot of people like to sit, its going to be a real scramble to get either a season ticket or a general match day seat in there.

Otherwise you will find yourself in the family stand where standing,saying fcuk or bollocks and supporting and getting behind the team is looked down on.

The inevitable is happening - as we get within touching distance of Falmer the whingeing starts. I confidently predict the following complaints starting to emerge in the next couple of years:

- It'll be a nightmare trying to get away from Falmer - station too small; not enough trains; Park & Ride too far away, etc, etc;
- Traffic on the A27 will be horrendous;
- The catering will be a rip off;
- The seats will be too blue/too cold/too small.

ad infinitum. We will never be satisfied!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think that once we are established in the Championship , planning permission will go in to increase the capacity by putting a second tier on the small stand and by filling in the corners.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh God...we're struggling to avoid relegation to League Two, we're still two years away from Falmer, and we're playing in arguably the crappest stadium in the top five divisions of senior football...and some people are actually complaining about the look of our one hope for the future?

I tell you what chaps: come 2011, I'll be queuing up at Falmer for the first glimpse of a stadium TEN TIMES more impressive than our home for the previous ten years or so, while you lot trot back to Withdean, if you don't think the new place is good enough for you.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh. I'm not generally THAT easily pleased, but come on: beggars/choosers etc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here