Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer design

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
so heres the big question, where should I get my ticket, what stand?

which section do we think will be the best for atmosphere?

which end will be the away end?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
thanks...would be a bit strange if the "North Stand" was the away end, perhaps this will be the singing section type area then? Just pondering where I would prefer to sit...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm more concerned about players and fans being a bit "weirded out" by the slanting roofs behind each goal. Its going to give the illusion of a slanting pitch.

I might get dizzy, or something.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
So long as the things built after all this time and effort, I'll be happy!:bounce:

However, I reckon should they need it (unlikely) they'll just pop another tier on top and fill in the corners. Just don't think they're allowed to say yet.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Isn't the capacity more to do with the 'sustainable transport' (i.e. how we get the crowd to and from the stadium) rather than anything else? In other words it doesn't matter how easy or otherwise it is to fill in the corners or build extensions - without an improved transport infrastructure we've got to stick at 22,500.

And I REALLY hope that will prove to be a major issue in the not-too-distant future.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The design clearly includes the option of adding a second tier opposite the main stand. Probably add another 3000 or so to the capacity without any major disruption.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
if we filled in the corners it would take the capacity above 25000. I think its going to be a long time before we are consistently turning people away at that capacity, even if we are a well established team in the championship.

To be honest I think the 22500 capacity will be more than enough for the next 10+ years. To go beyond that we would need to be looking at selling at least 15000 season tickets over a number of years to guarantee the income required to build the additional seats and invest in any further related infrastructure.

Lets hope we can get 12000+ each week when the stadium opens to make it viable!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Lets hope we can get 12000+ each week when the stadium opens to make it viable!

I think we will have at least that many STH's in the first year, regardless of what division we're in. (Assuming they won't charge £450+ in League Two or something silly like that)

What Albion fan wouldn't want a season ticket for the first ever season in our new stadium?

For seasons after that, I could see us regularly getting 8,000 season tickets. I mean, if we can get 5,000 season tickets at Withdean, just think how many we can get in a REAL football stadium!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Is that true? Would have made more sense if it was the North Stand as the concourse is completely separate from the rest of the stadium. Easier segregation and all that.

I believe so. I remember reading the away stand is furthest away from the train station.

Isn't the capacity more to do with the 'sustainable transport' (i.e. how we get the crowd to and from the stadium) rather than anything else? In other words it doesn't matter how easy or otherwise it is to fill in the corners or build extensions - without an improved transport infrastructure we've got to stick at 22,500.

I think you're right; unless the the club are able to show that the Falmer Transport Management Plan actually works for 22,500, there is no point in anyone dreaming about increasing the stadium capacity.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Is that true? Would have made more sense if it was the North Stand as the concourse is completely separate from the rest of the stadium. Easier segregation and all that.

Don't be daft, the North Stand is ours, our traditional home end, the away fans can go anywhere else but there!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I think aslong as it can be expanded then thats ok.

It seems a strange design to me of the single tiers behind both goals, but hey ho...Im sure compared to withdean its going to be incredible.

Has Knight, Perry or anyone come out officially and said that the corners can be filled or an extra teir can be added if needed?

Obviously it wasnt worth building a massive 30k all seater and not being able to fill it until were established in the premiership...but 22k does seem a little small considering if were going to fulfil the catchment area and the fan base potential.

Overall though a very attractive looking staduim...bring on the day!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

It seems a strange design to me of the single tiers behind both goals, but hey ho...Im sure compared to withdean its going to be incredible.

Has Knight, Perry or anyone come out officially and said that the corners can be filled or an extra teir can be added if needed?

Obviously it wasnt worth building a massive 30k all seater and not being able to fill it until were established in the premiership...but 22k does seem a little small considering if were going to fulfil the catchment area and the fan base potential.

Personally I think the design looks stunning, and the capacity is probably about right, in all the years I've been watching the Albion I can only recall being in a home crowd (at the Goldstone obviously!) over 20k on one or two occasions.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

No because it would be foolish to do so as it could compromise the planning application as i see it,
One on the main points for achieving the planning consent was that it would only be for 22'500 and the planned transportation structure would sustain this.

It woulds be naive for them to not realise the full potential for the stadium should we become a successful team in the future and plan accordingly.

But neither on them is going to comment on it until the stadium is finished, planning consent signed off and in use.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009

I know for a fact the capacity can be raised to above 30K, I met the architect at the official Falmer 'kick off' day last year (was lucky in the fans lottery). Spoke to him at length about the delays etc.. He said when its finished its going to be stunning, the redesign was partly to do with changes in legislation with regards to the disabled section and caused him no end of grief.

Knight, Perry etc can't openly say the capacity can be increased in fear of upsetting the 'anti' mob again. But from what he said ALL the tiers can be raised if needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here