Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Decision (message from Nic)

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
IF this is true, it will be absolutely magnificent news. But I would advise caution until the letters arrive - which could be any day. I am still at a heightened state of nervousness.

As fate would have it, following my son's broken arm at school on Thursday - we have had to cancel our holiday booked to start on Sunday for a week. Every cloud...!! He is now getting just as excited about the Decision as me!

It's been a long journey, but all the way we have stayed united - Board, Players & Managers and the Fans.

TOGETHER WE WILL WIN!

Forward to Falmer....I hope.......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we get the announcement we are expecting in the week, I think we need to be looking at a major BINFEST in Brighton after the Ipswich game on Saturday.

I will go wherever you lot are going, and I'll have Gritt23 (and probably others) in tow. I reckon it'll be Cuban cigar time as well.

COME ON :clap2: :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hungry Joe said:
Is that a euphemism? If so, count me in lover boy.
It was meant in the literal sense (as I've got 4 left), but I'm very open-minded to any new ideas.

:love:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I would go ape shit if we got it and ape shit if we didn't, my voice has only just fixed its self from palace!

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
The Large One said:
So the announcement is on Tuesday, which is after Monday at Wednesday? Cool.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yeah Saturday after Ipswich or on the fri night before... more people will be able to go.. there'll be less aggro about having to drive to work the next day...

Who else went into Brighton after we won Div 2 a few years ago?... Brighton was rocking that night! Watching the impromptu football match next to the fire outside Bri8ghton station!

Last edited:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
yorkie, your whole reputation rests on this now. i try hard not to get excited when i hear these kind of things as they invariably lead to dissappointment but i'm genuinely excited. damn you.

god i hope you're right.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tesco in Disguise said:
yorkie, your whole reputation rests on this now. i try hard not to get excited when i hear these kind of things as they invariably lead to dissappointment but i'm genuinely excited. damn you.

god i hope you're right.

Don't you think I know that?
I trust Nic and hope he's right. I had to think very carefully before I typed this.
I believe it myself and no-one will be more disappointed if it wasn't true.
Keep the faith.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Henfield One

We in our own way have all done something along the way to help the Falmer Campaign.

Writing, Walking, Collecting signature etc

However you and your FFA team have done so much, that IF we do get a YES next week we will all be in your debt.

Please let it be true.

Issuing correpondance to all interested parties on Monday by courier to arrive at the same time is not even an issue.

The Govt has dealt with some far bigger issues than Falmer, Sizewell, Heathrow 5 for example. The wheels of motion on delivery of the findings have probably already moved.

The press agencies will probably get communications around 4am or so, with the main headers that they can report on and a embargo to 11.00am

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
London Calling said:
Issuing correpondance to all interested parties on Monday by courier to arrive at the same time is not even an issue.

The Govt has dealt with some far bigger issues than Falmer, Sizewell, Heathrow 5 for example. The wheels of motion on delivery of the findings have probably already moved.

The press agencies will probably get communications around 4am or so, with the main headers that they can report on and a embargo to 11.00am

Can't believe that the embargo won't be broken in some form or another - this news is too big!

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Yorkie said:
Don't you think I know that?
I trust Nic and hope he's right. I had to think very carefully before I typed this.
I believe it myself and no-one will be more disappointed if it wasn't true.
Keep the faith.

yorkie, i'm sure. i know you wouldn't stoke these fires if you did not believe it yourself.
holding my breath 'til monday/tuesday...

Jim in the West said:
Can't believe that the embargo won't be broken in some form or another - this news is too big!

Of course legally they cannot report it but when the media appears at BHA offices etc at 7.00 am you know there is a story coming and whose monitoring the calls between say the Argus and us? In addition OTLW has my full respect for the work he undertakes for us and for other clubs, I know other clubs supporters also hold him in high regard.

:D

Last edited:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Henfield One

We in our own way have all done something along the way to help the Falmer Campaign.

Writing, Walking, Collecting signature etc

However you and your FFA team have done so much, that IF we do get a YES next week we will all be in your debt.

Please let it be true.

Agreed.

I, like many others have done my bit and feel proud of that fact but I have the upmost respect for people like Paul and the sheer amount of effort they have put in.

Also, a special mention for Liz Costa and her team (who do get a bit of stick on here) who have campaigned tirelessly for years

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
227 BHA said:
Agreed.

I, like many others have done my bit and feel proud of that fact but I have the upmost respect for people like Paul and the sheer amount of effort they have put in.

Also, a special mention for Liz Costa and her team (who do get a bit of stick on here) who have campaigned tirelessly for years

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Let's not forget The History Man.....this Falmer thing has just about taken over his life for the past six years or so.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Jim in the West said:
Let's not forget The History Man.....this Falmer thing has just about taken over his life for the past six years or so.

Perhaps we should start a "thread of thanks" after the announcement to all the movers and shakers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here