Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer court date moved forward to 4th October

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
roz said:
This has just arrived from LDC's press office:

Legal ploy by football club won’t affect High Court Hearing date says Lewes District Council

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club’s frustration with the Secretary of State’s refusal to guarantee a reconsideration of all relevant planning issues has led them to ask the Court for a brief half-hour hearing slot on 4th October 2006.

It is ridiculous to imagine the Court will be able to deal with their application in just 30 minutes. We do not expect anything of note to happen on 4th October. We fully expect the High Court Hearing date of 5th/6th December 2006, which is the first available date any of the parties has been able to secure, to remain unchanged. We expect John Prescott’s discredited decision to be quashed at that time.

Cllr David Neighbour, Lead Member for Planning at Lewes District Council said, “Since this dispute is one between the Council and the Secretary of State there is no need for the football club to get involved. However, having chosen to do so one might have hoped they’d not left it so late. We filed our case in December 2005 and the Club has jumped on the scene just 8 weeks before the trial date. Despite that we’re pleased to see Martin Perry is at one with Lewes District Council in that he agrees that all of the Council’s points of evidence should be addressed by the Secretary of State in her redetermination of the case.

As far as we’re concerned this was a political decision to grant planning permission that flew in the face of recommendations from Senior Planning Inspectors. Our best way of making sure that our points are properly dealt with is for them to be sorted out once and for all in Court. This will be to the benefit of all the parties involved. We expect costs for the hearing to be met by the Government.”

The Football Club is not required to give evidence at the High Court Hearing as the main parties in the action are Lewes District Council and the Secretary of State. If they do, they do so by choice, and must expect to meet their own costs.

Ends/

Cllr Neighbour (of the Beast) had the brass neck to accuse Ed of being "disingenuous" on The Politics Show on Sunday. But then it would appear that Mr Neighbour could give master classes in the art...
That's a press release? f***ing hell, that's more like a rant cunningly disguised as a political suicide note.

LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
roz said:
Legal ploy by football club won’t affect High Court Hearing date says Lewes District Council [/B]
I don't think they're in a position to make that claim.

roz said:
Cllr David Neighbour, Lead Member for Planning at Lewes District Council said, “Since this dispute is one between the Council and the Secretary of State there is no need for the football club to get involved. However, having chosen to do so one might have hoped they’d not left it so late. We filed our case in December 2005 and the Club has jumped on the scene just 8 weeks before the trial date.
Stupid ****. We only got the hearing date three weeks ago. We would have got it back in March, but for his council's delays and deliberate incompetence.

roz said:
Despite that we’re pleased to see Martin Perry is at one with Lewes District Council in that he agrees that all of the Council’s points of evidence should be addressed by the Secretary of State in her redetermination of the case.
So if you agree that Ruth Kelly ought to consider all 16 points, why do you need to go to the High Court, dickhead?

roz said:
Our best way of making sure that our points are properly dealt with is for them to be sorted out once and for all in Court. This will be to the benefit of all the parties involved. We expect costs for the hearing to be met by the Government.”
You unbelievably stupid twat. Unbelievably stupid. This twat is beyond redemption, and he's got a histroy of violence to boot. Where do they get these vermin?

roz said:
The Football Club is not required to give evidence at the High Court Hearing as the main parties in the action are Lewes District Council and the Secretary of State. If they do, they do so by choice, and must expect to meet their own costs.
You dumb f***ing headcase. Your lot - yes, your lot made the case against the Government AND the Football Club, and no amount of squirming or lies are going to get you out of that.

At times, I pity the poor people of Lewes for the f***ing nutcases they have running their town. However, if they do re-elect the Lib Dems, I will leave them to rot in their stupidity.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think that just about sums it up TLO. And relax :smokin:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
One last question - why did Lewes District Council release that pile of f***ing drivel? To what end? Was it just to remind us how f***ing incompetent, stupid and moronic they actually are? Or is David Neighbour trying to get some Disability Benefit by trying to prove his mental instability? I just don't think we need reminding of it, that's all.

Last edited:

How much would it cost to get some leaflets printed up and delivered to EVERY home under LDC's jurisdiction? Time the truth was out there in the hands of every LDC council tax payer.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You'll give yourself a stroke TLO, calm down mna.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Can someone remind me what David Neighbour's criminal past is?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shouldn't you have added "Allegedly" after that statement?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
roz said:
This has just arrived from LDC's press office:

Legal ploy by football club won’t affect High Court Hearing date says Lewes District Council

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club’s frustration with the Secretary of State’s refusal to guarantee a reconsideration of all relevant planning issues has led them to ask the Court for a brief half-hour hearing slot on 4th October 2006.

It is ridiculous to imagine the Court will be able to deal with their application in just 30 minutes. We do not expect anything of note to happen on 4th October. We fully expect the High Court Hearing date of 5th/6th December 2006, which is the first available date any of the parties has been able to secure, to remain unchanged. We expect John Prescott’s discredited decision to be quashed at that time.

Cllr David Neighbour, Lead Member for Planning at Lewes District Council said, “Since this dispute is one between the Council and the Secretary of State there is no need for the football club to get involved. However, having chosen to do so one might have hoped they’d not left it so late. We filed our case in December 2005 and the Club has jumped on the scene just 8 weeks before the trial date. Despite that we’re pleased to see Martin Perry is at one with Lewes District Council in that he agrees that all of the Council’s points of evidence should be addressed by the Secretary of State in her redetermination of the case.

As far as we’re concerned this was a political decision to grant planning permission that flew in the face of recommendations from Senior Planning Inspectors. Our best way of making sure that our points are properly dealt with is for them to be sorted out once and for all in Court. This will be to the benefit of all the parties involved. We expect costs for the hearing to be met by the Government.”

Ends/

Cllr Neighbour (of the Beast) had the brass neck to accuse Ed of being "disingenuous" on The Politics Show on Sunday. But then it would appear that Mr Neighbour could give master classes in the art...

Well that is a waste of paper/bandwidth. The stupidity of the first sentance is just immense, to say that the hearing won't affect the other hearing date is like saying a poke in the eye won't hurt, it might not, or you might lose your sight. The fact of the matter is that we on NSC can adequately argue why the High Court Hearing shouldn't take place in 30 seconds, so why Lewes District Council think that 30 minutes is insufficient is beyond me.

AND MY BLOOD BOILS EVERY TIME THEY SAY THAT A NAMED DEFENDANT DOESN'T HAVE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES IN COURT!!!

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ah, is that him who decked an Argus photographer outside DeWitchy's house?

I didn't know he was charged for that?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Dies Irae said:
Ah, is that him who decked an Argus photographer outside DeWitchy's house?

I didn't know he was charged for that?

Nope, that was De Vecchi's boyfriend, and he wasn't charged, which is rather suspicious given the evidence.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So does anyone know Neighbour's past then?

Dandyman

In London village.
The Large One said:
At times, I pity the poor people of Lewes for the f***ing nutcases they have running their town. However, if they do re-elect the Lib Dems, I will leave them to rot in their stupidity.

At the risk of being pedantic this is the DISTRICT council. Neighbour represents East Saltdean and Telscombe Cliffs Ward rather than any ward in Lewes itself.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Top ranting TLO, top, top ranting. I wasn't going to 'share' this but that press release has set me off again so here goes:

This whole thing is making me ill. The other week, at half-time during the Bournemouth game, I was feeling really depressed. Not just 'a bit sad' but really "oh what is the bloody point?" depressed. We were 1-0 down and I wanted someone to blame, so who? Certainly I couldn't blame the players who I realised were running themselves into the ground to try and get a result. Also a lot of them aren't just professionals trying their best because they're being paid, some of them, especially the local younger ones, have a real affection for the club because it's been part of their lives for so long. I couldn't blame Wilkins and White because they were new to their jobs. I couldn't blame McGhee who for all his perceived faults did an impossibly difficult job with, despite what his detractors said, a fair degree of success. And although I may quibble with the way the club is run sometimes I couldn't blame DK and MP as they have not only had to run a football club (which has punched well above its weight for most of their tenure) but have had to fight one of the most protracted planning battles in history.

As these thoughts went through my mind a HUGE wave of anger against LDC swept through me. Now I'm quite a mild-mannered chap and I was shocked at the strength of my feeling, there's no way I can put it into words, all I can say is that I put the cruel Nazi scum, Baker, De Vecchi, etc on the same moral level as paedophiles who kill their victims and the Omagh bombers. Even reading that back it doesn't begin to match how I felt. When the wave of anger passed I felt as if I was having a heart attack; I could feel my heart racing, there was a tightness in my chest and I was having difficulty in breathing. Even when the physical symptons passed I was still emotionally fragile, when Sussex paraded the C&G trophy round I realised I had tears streaming down my face.

Sorry if that comes over as all weak and wussy, as I said I've never experienced a feeling like it before. Do you reckon I can sue LDC for distress?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
One thing that does concern me is this 30 minutes bit. Surely if LDC are asked to comment they can make their speech last at least an hour. Will this then mean that the judge will have to stop the hearing (or will he be able to time-limit each team's submission)?

I'm also concerned that (as far as I'm aware) this is the first time that I've seen 30 minutes mentioned. I really hope that this isn't the club giving us the piece of the story that they think we want to hear while forgetting to mention the downside.

110%

Unregistered User
Apr 19, 2006
GOSBTS
Jim D said:
One thing that does concern me is this 30 minutes bit. Surely if LDC are asked to comment they can make their speech last at least an hour. Will this then mean that the judge will have to stop the hearing (or will he be able to time-limit each team's submission)?

I'm also concerned that (as far as I'm aware) this is the first time that I've seen 30 minutes mentioned. I really hope that this isn't the club giving us the piece of the story that they think we want to hear while forgetting to mention the downside.

I THINK that applications like this are listed at half hour intervals but that doesn't mean it will last half an hour. I see to recall that when the day's schedule is listed it will give the name of the case and a start time of say 'not before half past ten'. The next case will be listed with a start time of 'not before eleven o'clock' etc.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brovian said:
Top ranting TLO, top, top ranting. I wasn't going to 'share' this but that press release has set me off again so here goes:

This whole thing is making me ill. The other week, at half-time during the Bournemouth game, I was feeling really depressed. Not just 'a bit sad' but really "oh what is the bloody point?" depressed. We were 1-0 down and I wanted someone to blame, so who? Certainly I couldn't blame the players who I realised were running themselves into the ground to try and get a result. Also a lot of them aren't just professionals trying their best because they're being paid, some of them, especially the local younger ones, have a real affection for the club because it's been part of their lives for so long. I couldn't blame Wilkins and White because they were new to their jobs. I couldn't blame McGhee who for all his perceived faults did an impossibly difficult job with, despite what his detractors said, a fair degree of success. And although I may quibble with the way the club is run sometimes I couldn't blame DK and MP as they have not only had to run a football club (which has punched well above its weight for most of their tenure) but have had to fight one of the most protracted planning battles in history.

As these thoughts went through my mind a HUGE wave of anger against LDC swept through me. Now I'm quite a mild-mannered chap and I was shocked at the strength of my feeling, there's no way I can put it into words, all I can say is that I put the cruel Nazi scum, Baker, De Vecchi, etc on the same moral level as paedophiles who kill their victims and the Omagh bombers. Even reading that back it doesn't begin to match how I felt. When the wave of anger passed I felt as if I was having a heart attack; I could feel my heart racing, there was a tightness in my chest and I was having difficulty in breathing. Even when the physical symptons passed I was still emotionally fragile, when Sussex paraded the C&G trophy round I realised I had tears streaming down my face.

Sorry if that comes over as all weak and wussy, as I said I've never experienced a feeling like it before. Do you reckon I can sue LDC for distress?

f***ing hell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here