Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer court date moved forward to 4th October

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
f***ing hell.
Yeah, I wish I hadn't posted it now but reading that LDC press release bought it all back ..... I'm mentally deranged, me.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
As these thoughts went through my mind a HUGE wave of anger against LDC swept through me. Now I'm quite a mild-mannered chap and I was shocked at the strength of my feeling, there's no way I can put it into words, all I can say is that I put the cruel Nazi scum, Baker, De Vecchi, etc on the same moral level as paedophiles who kill their victims and the Omagh bombers. Even reading that back it doesn't begin to match how I felt. When the wave of anger passed I felt as if I was having a heart attack; I could feel my heart racing, there was a tightness in my chest and I was having difficulty in breathing. Even when the physical symptons passed I was still emotionally fragile, when Sussex paraded the C&G trophy round I realised I had tears streaming down my face.

I know what you mean. I was reading the Argos while visiting my mum and there was a picture of Baker in it. I found myself stabbing his face with a biro. Every time I think about LDC and the Bollox and lies they spread I get so angry, for someone who doesn't normally swear I get temporary Tourette's syndrome.

Fcuking Wxnkers

:angry: :angry: :censored:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ozzygull said:
I know what you mean. I was reading the Argos while visiting my mum and there was a picture of Baker in it. I found myself stabbing his face with a biro. Every time I think about LDC and the Bollox and lies they spread I get so angry, for someone who doesn't normally swear I get temporary Tourette's syndrome.

Fcuking Wxnkers

:angry: :angry: :censored:

I quite like Argos

Do very nice duvet covers

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Councillor arrested in beach hut fracas

From the archive, first published Monday 25th Aug 2003.

A former mayor and current serving councillor has been arrested after a beach hut fracas.

East Sussex county councillor David Neighbour was quizzed by police following the incident on Saltdean beach on Saturday. Liberal Democrat councillor Mr Neighbour, of Central Avenue, Telscombe Cliffs, admitted to The Argus he had "thumped" two men, but insisted he was acting in self-defence.

During the row, which started over bicycles leaned against a beach hut, one of the men, Nigel Heasman, of Saltdean, said he received a cut which required seven stitches. One onlooker, who did not want to be named, said: "There were lots of children watching who started screaming and crying."

Ken Tancred, owner of a neighbouring hut, said he intervened after his six-year-old daughter Katie became distressed. Mr Tancred, of Rottingdean, said: "She was so upset, I went into his hut to have it out with him. I punched him in the face and he tried to hit me back."

A witness called the police, who took Mr Neighbour in for questioning before later releasing him without charge. Mr Neighbour, who returned to the beach yesterday afternoon, said: "I was assaulted and I defended myself. I was thumped by the two men so I thumped them back. I don't know anything about one of them having to have stitches. The police asked me about what happened and let me go."

Mr Heasman, who said he had had to have five stitches in his ear and two just behind the ear, said: "He attacked me. It wasn't the other way round. I only hit him to fend him off."

He has given a statement to police and wants Mr Neighbour to apologise. Sussex Police confirmed they had been called to the fight and had arrested a man. As well as serving on the county council, Mr Neighbour, a former teacher and social worker, represents Telscombe Cliffs on Lewes District Council. He has served as Telscombe's mayor for three terms of office and is also a member of the East Sussex Fire Authority and vice-chairman of Brighton and Lewes Community Health Council.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Lord Bracknell said:
Ah. I see where I went wrong in my earlier postings on this topic. This whole issue is NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FOOTBALL CLUB.

Thanks for clearing that up, David.

Our very existence is at stake. God help me that I'm trying to look into THAT lot's 'minds' (I use the term in its broadest possible sense), but I suspect they're trying to separate the football club from the planning issue, if such a thing were possible, to distance themselves from the fact that they're anti-Albion. Even they must know how unpopular being a club killer would make them with everybody, not just Brighton fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here