Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer court date moved forward to 4th October

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Lord Bracknell said:

5 May - The Seagulls Party sweep to victory in the LDC elections, take control of the council's Cabinet Committee, and vote to support the stadium and introduce a forced labour scheme that will require any remaining Lib Dem councillors to clear the site by hand, ready for construction to start.

Now that I would vote for:clap2: :clap2:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Lord Bracknell said:
March or April - we get the YES decision, leaving LDC six weeks to decide whether or not to appeal.

Sorry m'Lord but I am, as you are well aware, a f***ing idiot.

Who can Lewes Dickhead Council appeal to at this point, and what would the timetable be assuming they did?

Yours

Baldrick.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
5th May.....it drags on and on and on and on and on..... :nono:

Benny Zamora said:
Sorry m'Lord but I am, as you are well aware, a f***ing idiot.

Who can Lewes Dickhead Council appeal to at this point, and what would the timetable be assuming they did?
Under the rules, ANY planning decision (even a reconsidered decision) can be challenged (in the High Court) by an interested party within six weeks of it being made.

An important aspect of this case is that the football club, the government and the city council all agree that Ruth Kelly's decision should take account of ALL of the points that LDC have raised so far. In Martin Perry's words, this will make her decision this time round "fire-proof".

LDC still don't seem to accept that Kelly will take all their points into account - even though this promise was made by the government's lawyers, in writing, three months ago. My hope is that they will be severely criticised by the judge at the 4 October hearing for being completely unreasonable.

At the end of the day, I believe we will still need political pressure on LDC to make them act reasonably. That's why The Seagulls Party is gearing itself up to fight the May elections.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Superseagull said:
May the 5th sounds like it could be a good day to have a beer in Lewes:clap2: I'll donate my old wheel barrow to the cause.

or get very,VERY drunk down in Cheltenham :cool: last day of the season innit.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Think we may not get the Yes decision again until after 5th May

Thus will be MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER that we take control of / balance of power in LDC elections on 4th May 2007

i.e. we have casting vote to throw out any more Falmer appeals by all Lib Dem nimbys in LDC council cabinet

Campaign leaflet can be what would you like the £250k earmarked for the next Falmer appeal to be spent on instead

Never thought politics could be such fun

Keep up the good work LB

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Caveman said:
Glad the date has been pulled forward, but I just can't get excited until I see the diggers moving in afraid.

But we wll beat those bastards at LDC, that much I'm sure!!

:)
Same. Every little helps I suppose.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Lord Bracknell said:
3 May - The Seagulls Party sweep to victory in the LDC elections, take control of the council's Cabinet Committee, and vote to support the stadium and introduce a forced labour scheme that will require any remaining Lib Dem councillors to clear the site by hand, ready for construction to start.

It would be fantastic timing if the local elections are during the period in which LDC decide whether to appeal.

Are they allowed to make the decision just prior to going to the polls?

I would presume there is a period whereby they cannot make any binding commitments like that. They couldn't set any wheels in motion that could not be stopped by the elected Seagulls Party, surely.

Lord B, is our leader.
:bowdown:

And well played to the club on getting this 4th Oct hearing. :clap:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Lord Bracknell said:
4 October - planning permission quashed and the decision is referred back to Ruth Kelly.

Will the events of the 4th Oct all be settled on the one day then? So, by the end of that day the judge will have ruled that it either goes ahead to a full hearing, or he quashes it there and then, returning the decision to Ruth Kelly?

Considering how long EVERYTHING else takes, this seems remarkably quick, straightforward, and indeed logical. That doesn't sound like the planning process at all, surely the every man and his dog gets about 6 months to make a case to the judge, and then he ponders it for another 6 months, before giving a decision that can be appealed.

Gritt23 said:
Are they allowed to make the decision just prior to going to the polls?
The deadline for deciding to appeal to the High Court is six weeks after the Secretary of State's decision letter is published - irrespective of whether an election campaign is under way.

That's why it could be an exciting time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here