Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Catering Contract. Would You Believe It If I Said,

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we are ever to march along the seafront again in protest then granting Forfars an outlet at Falmer would be the reason.

I would agree but I was trying to deflate ATFC who was praising them for their employment record etc and I pointed out that even disregarding their opposition to Falmer they are not capable of operating such a franchise, if their shops are the guidelines.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i like thier swiss buns i do, the icing seems to stay on the bun rather than sticking to bag when eventually go to eat it. Just saying like,no need to quote a reply from a large catering law book n all that to make yourself look a clever fucker :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
also the one in Montague St Worthing. I read that there are more Greggs in the country than McDonalds and they are opening more. For pies rolls etc I wouldnt be against them having that concession but not sure about full catering.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
doubt it will come to pass, or last long even if they did.

'dust bale' for forfar' smiley please..:shootself

desired options (apart from essential beer stalls, etc..!) we need to have some competition, to keep caterers on their toes..

PROPER fish and chips;
Golden Grill kebabs / chicken meals;
fresh cooked donuts / crepes / bagels?

and perhaps something for the veggies- salad stall?

... oh, and maybe a Hooters bar..?:clap2::clap2:

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I would agree but I was trying to deflate ATFC who was praising them for their employment record etc and I pointed out that even disregarding their opposition to Falmer they are not capable of operating such a franchise, if their shops are the guidelines.

"Deflate"? My god you really are a condescending prick aren't you?

I know very little of their employment record - was just pointing that they are a local business and theres a lot bigger evils in the world. For what its worth, I do think it would be inappropriate for them to have anything to do with Falmer.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
It really depends what you want to eat. A lot of the pie and sausage brands associated with football ground catering get their meat from 'regenerated' sources, basically the stuff you wouldn't believe go into your pies!

I can remember our first trip to the Walkers stadium - they were selling hog roast in a bun with apple sauce.

Maybe some of the cafes in the North Lanes could develop a co-operative and provide things like Falafel and Humus Wraps? I'm sure it would catch on!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Contraversy alert -

They are a local business who keep it within Sussex and employ a lot of local people, including Albion fans. One member of the family that owns is a vindictive nimby, but keep it in perspective.

Does that post not give the impression that you think that they should be given the contract. I was pointing out that it wasnt.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Does that post not give the impression that you think that they should be given the contract. I was pointing out that it wasnt.

No. I couldn't give a toss about who gets the contracts at Falmer - ideally the ones that make the most money for the club.

I was just trying to put a little perspective on the hate that was eminating - as much as we all forget it sometimes, life does not always revolve around football.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No point in people pretending to get all precious about the catering.

If it turns out to be all Carlsberg and Forfars then they'll still do a roaring trade. The Sportsman and the burger vans at Withdean are proof positive that large numbers of football fans will happily queue up for any old sub-standard slop on matchdays. Where's the impetus for the club to try harder? :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The hate that was being shown was due to the opposition to the stadium by Melanie Cutress, you then attempted to offer an argument against that and in effect condone her because they 'are a local business employing many fans' I then said that wasnt a reason to back their application. I think that we have reached a stalemate.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
as much as we all forget it sometimes, life does not always revolve around football.

No, you're totally right, I for one look forward to a forfars on all 4 corners.

They could be managed by, Archer, Bellotti, Cuttress and ATFC Seagull,
the people who have done the most to make Falmer a reality!

Twat!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Contraversy alert -

They are a local business who keep it within Sussex and employ a lot of local people, including Albion fans. One member of the family that owns is a vindictive nimby, but keep it in perspective.
I accept that they're a local company and not a nasty multi-national but the bottom is Cutress tried to destroy us and now she wants to make money out of us. I'm sorry but that CANNOT be allowed to happen, it simply can't, all other considerations pale into insignificance. For sheer, breath-taking cheek it does take some beating though.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
No, you're totally right, I for one look forward to a forfars on all 4 corners.

They could be managed by, Archer, Bellotti, Cuttress and ATFC Seagull,
the people who have done the most to make Falmer a reality!

Twat!

Wasn't gonna bite, but f*** it, got a day off work now. I presume from your post time you were drunk so I'll give you a chance to say sorry for that. Apart from the marches, letters, petitions and being an STH/away follower for 17 years, I obviously have done nothing for the club/stadium and thoroughly deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those 3.

As mentioned before, I wasn't really posting regarding the Falmer catering contract at all, quite why people are so obsessed with that anyway I don't know, we all know it'll be shit. I just think there are more reasons to hate a business than one owner (albeit in a very nasty way) fighting against the stadium. I certainly wouldn't put it in the same league as what Archer and Belotti did, and therefore how I feel about Focus DIY (or whatever its called now).

Anyway, obviously I've hit a nerve with that - its just my opinion and I have no connection to the people involved before anyone suggests it.

But that post was WELL out of order mate.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If anything would stop me from getting a season ticket at Falmer it would be knowing that Forfars had an outlet there.

:dunce: Surely the best option would be for Forfars to pay handsomely for the concession and then for all supporters to boycott the concession (not the ground) so they lose a bit of money!! They cut their losses and we then get a decent supplier in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here