Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - BBC phone call

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Some people know me on this list, so know that i wouldnt make this up.

I have been on the BBC several times, TV mainly about England (Football Focus, Breakfast TV, local Radio about the Albion etc so i am on the list of BBC for contacting if they are doing news stories on the Albion.

I just had a phone call from BBC South Eastern asking me if i was available on Monday or Tuesday for an interview IF (and they did say IF as they had no official confirmation or concrete proof) a decision is made regarding the Falmer stadium! They said they appreciate there had been various rumours before but they believe these to be more substantial!!

So is it going to be Monday for the BIG decision?????

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
That's another rumour :-

The Leader
The one who knows the leader of B & H council

I am not going to sleep a wink this weekend now :eek: :eek:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
there will be an announcement on something to do with the stadium.

I have it on good authority.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Before Mr Blobby gets flamed to pieces - I know him very well and believe every word he says. Of course, that is not to say that there will be an announcement on Monday or Tuesday, but it does mean the BBC have contacted him as he says.

So give him a break, eh? He's only sharing this for our benefit.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Bozza said:
Before Mr Blobby gets flamed to pieces - I know him very well and believe every word he says. Of course, that is not to say that there will be an announcement on Monday or Tuesday, but it does mean the BBC have contacted him as he says.

So give him a break, eh? He's only sharing this for our benefit.

oooh.gif

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Where's Hovebornandbred these days?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
As Bozza said all I was doing was sharing what news I had! I dont believe i said an announcement would be made on Falmer on Monday!

Back to the mailing list and the nice people

:wave: :angel:

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
I trust Mr. B and I know he's on the BBC's list of contacts.

I think I'll take my stripes to work next week - just in case there's an announcement - and as soon as I hear any good news I'll be wearing them - dress code or no dress code.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I do hope this one is true as I firmly believe that a yes vote will have to be made before the labour conference in Brighton.
I think it were to be a no then this will not be announced until they have left town.
Prescott knows if a no decision is made before the conference all he is likely to get is good humoured demonstrations of support for Falmer.
If he were to announce a no before he will have to dodge more than a few rotten eggs.

Last edited:

Mr Blobby said:

I have been on the BBC several times, TV mainly about England (Football Focus, Breakfast TV, local Radio about the Albion etc so i am on the list of BBC for contacting if they are doing news stories on the Albion.

I just had a phone call from BBC South Eastern asking me if i was available on Monday or Tuesday for an interview IF (and they did say IF as they had no official confirmation or concrete proof) a decision is made regarding the Falmer stadium! They said they appreciate there had been various rumours before but they believe these to be more substantial!!

Am I right in saying you were the one that kept getting touched on the knee by Sian Williams, you lucky so and so? :lolol: If so then I will vouch for you as well!

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
i run the risk of being shot down in flames but never mind.

according to a text i have seen this evening.

'something is brewing, monday could be a big day'

i await the abuse!!!!
:p

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Mr Blobby said:

Did you have a nice hair cut Wednesday?... :lolol:

Mr Blobby would not make this up, just so people who say "go away" know...

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I just hope so FFS we need to know

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
thats quite a few rumours pointing toward a decision next week, I for one am prepared to give it some credence.

And for all of you who continually slate everyone who comes on here with a rumour, f***ing grow up , im sure most people do it for the benefit of all of us and as desperate for a decision. All this cussing off anyone brave enough to stick their neck out and pass on what they have heard is sad and pathetic. Wankers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here