Votes: 31 17.1%
  • 20-22,500

Votes: 18 9.9%

• Total voters

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I know this has been done to death but what do you feel will be our average attendance in Falmer year one will be should we still be playing league one football.

Also, something that hasn't been done before (I think) how do you feel your projected attendance will be distributed between the four stands, roughly of course?

The maximum capacity of the stands are as follows

North. 2564
East. 5194
South. 2538
West. 12,204
(provided by insider) Falmer capacity..... - North Stand Chat

For me...

Average attendance 12,500.

North

West East
6500 3000

South

Any thoughts?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
What concerns me is how the ticketing policy will work when we move to Falmer. One would hope that tickets can be purchased online as i no longer live in Brighton? Do you think this will be the case or will we have to put up with the applying in writing fiasco??

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
İbrahim Tatlıses;3256496 said:
I predict that we will sell out our first few games and plenty after that.

We may not have the biggest fanbase, but we have plenty of "followers" in the county that have us as their second team at least.

The buzz surrounding this will be massive, we have been waiting for well over a decade for this & we are capable of huge crowds.

21k average for me.

I agree in the main but I think the average will be slightly less than that, especially with some poor cup games. I'll go for 17/18,000 average with plenty of near sell-outs.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
First season in Div 3, it depends if the team is winning.

Top of the league = 14k
Mid table = 9k
relegation = the same people who turn up at withdean at the moment 6k

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
İbrahim Tatlıses;3256496 said:
I predict that we will sell out our first few games and plenty after that.

We may not have the biggest fanbase, but we have plenty of "followers" in the county that have us as their second team at least.

The buzz surrounding this will be massive, we have been waiting for well over a decade for this & we are capable of huge crowds.

21k average for me.

I hope you're right but i don't quite share your optimism. Swansea first season in League one after moving into the liberty was 12,720. Mk dons, who are possibly a poor example as they haven't got a traditional fan base, managed 10,551 last year.

As you say, Falmer has been long overdue, there will be big interest but I think we'll be lucky to beat the 15,000 mark.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
I know a lot of kids who don't go now but will at Falmer. 18,000-20,000 :thumbsup:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
What concerns me is how the ticketing policy will work when we move to Falmer. One would hope that tickets can be purchased online as i no longer live in Brighton? Do you think this will be the case or will we have to put up with the applying in writing fiasco??

It's only a fiasco if you let it become one.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
In League One:

Promotion/play-off spots - 17,000
Mid-table - 13,000
Relegation - 8,000

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
First season in Div 3, it depends if the team is winning.

Top of the league = 14k
Mid table = 9k
relegation = the same people who turn up at withdean at the moment 6k

probably not far off although i think the first season will be different. The figures you've said are once its been open a year or so

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Some of these projections are wildly optimistic.
The first basis to look at is the current ' hard-core ' which is about 5ooo but given inclement weather, uninspiring opposition and our stunningly awful home form, you could probably knock another 500 off this figure.
So, basing the hard-core as 4500...how will this be increased at Falmer?
Using Reading as a benchmark ( similar sized club to BHA, although I would argue that we have a bit more potential ) When they left Elm Park, 12-13 years ago, they were playing to crowds around 5000, in the third tier of football. The Mad Stad was full of curious visitors ( exactly as Falmer will be ) for the opening game but then levelled off to average crowds of 8000-10000
In other words, they doubled their hard-core.
If we are in Div.1, then this will be a realistic target.
To get to an average gate of 15000, could take 8-10 years, based on regular Championship football and even a flirt with the Premiership.
We have gradually lost support in the last 20 years and thats going to take a long time to build up again.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
8000 to 1000 first month then 6000 to 8000.
First division football is the same whatever the stadium.
:lolol::lolol:we sell nearly 5000 season tickets now at the worst stadium in the country and you predict 6-8000 after the first month at what will be one of the best stadia around:lolol:

I predict 9000 season tickets and an average of 17000 first season:thumbsup:

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Sell out for 3 or 4 games but tailing off for an average 14-16k.............unless we were flying then it would rise to 16-18k

But remember even with gates of 10k the atmosphere would be far better than Withdean, you could enjoy a nice pint, have a posh wee and watch Sky Sports news at half time and keep dry while watching the game............bring it on:falmer::lolol:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Some of these projections are wildly optimistic.
The first basis to look at is the current ' hard-core ' which is about 5ooo but given inclement weather, uninspiring opposition and our stunningly awful home form, you could probably knock another 500 off this figure.
So, basing the hard-core as 4500...how will this be increased at Falmer?
Using Reading as a benchmark ( similar sized club to BHA, although I would argue that we have a bit more potential ) When they left Elm Park, 12-13 years ago, they were playing to crowds around 5000, in the third tier of football. The Mad Stad was full of curious visitors ( exactly as Falmer will be ) for the opening game but then levelled off to average crowds of 8000-10000
In other words, they doubled their hard-core.
If we are in Div.1, then this will be a realistic target.
To get to an average gate of 15000, could take 8-10 years, based on regular Championship football and even a flirt with the Premiership.
We have gradually lost support in the last 20 years and thats going to take a long time to build up again.

Reading are the perfect comparison to us. They couldn't be more similar to us.
Reading were still getting anywhere from 8,000-11,000 at the Madejski before they went up to the Prem, then all the ex Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal fans jumped on board when they started playing well and they started to fill it.
Now their attendances are back down to about 15,000 and if they keep demising, it could get worse for them.
I think we have to accept the majority of our supporters at Falmer will be ex-"big 4" supporting bandwagoners, but maybe that's what we need for now until we can educate them to loving a club rather than the glory. I just hope we can get enough people through the gates to generate an atmosphere, unlike MK Dons and Darlington.
The only thing is, will the bandys jump ship if we get relegated? Then where does that leave us!?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How on earth can reading be used as a benchmark?we have had average crowds of 25k and 30k+ way before reading could have dreamed of and our history is far superior to reading.Just because reading have picked up in recent years that means nout.

We don't need to benchmark against anyone,its little clubs like reading,swansea and wigan who have had dire historys with crowds so why benchmark us against them as thats an insult:censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here