Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Article in the Telegraph

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Prescott's office and/or solicitors would have forewarned him of any potential political wrongdoings. Believe it or not, they're not stupid. There only a PERCEPTION that Prescott was snuggling up. But the question is, snuggling up to what? Prescott had already made the decision, and the case granting permission is pretty much watertight in law, not in hospitality.

The point is that Lewes would have to PROVE impropriety. Now can anyone tell me how the f*** are they going to achieve that?

This is a non-story, and no weight will be given to this.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
As if MP would gamble on Falmer by "inviting" JP to hospitality.

Maybe it's time we showed Baker what hospitality he could expect. C U N T.

BTW TLO, what's sniggling? :lolol:

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If it was a non-story it wouldn't be of interest to the environment editor of the Telegraph, even if it is Prescott-bashing. We have no wish to get caught in the crossfire of that agenda.

There seems to be a degree of complacency out there on this issue - our board really can do no wrong for some people, which is probably not healthy.

Perception is important, Cabinet ministers have resigned over matters of perception rather than reality. We don't need any clouds over what hopefully will happen next.

And the ultimate decision has not been 'made' if papers have already been filed notifying a further challenge.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Tooting Gull said:
If it was a non-story it wouldn't be of interest to the environment editor of the Telegraph, even if it is Prescott-bashing. We have no wish to get caught in the crossfire of that agenda.

There seems to be a degree of complacency out there on this issue - our board really can do no wrong for some people, which is probably not healthy.

Perception is important, Cabinet ministers have resigned over matters of perception rather than reality. We don't need any clouds over what hopefully will happen next.

And the ultimate decision has not been 'made' if papers have already been filed notifying a further challenge.

As much as I agree with a lot of what you say, I'm sure I read somewhere that if they are successful in court, then the decision comes back to Prescott again, and he's not going to change his mind and go the other way, otherwise he would look a complete muppet.

And the weasel's letter to Blair asking him to remove Prescott from the case is wishfull thinking, as Blair wont publically disagree with his deputy, otherwise it will make his whole party look a complete joke.

Basically the club would not have invited him at the drop of a hat, and JP would not have accepted without it being given the thumbs up from his team, so it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

IMO Norman Baker and his fellow nimby's are just trying to slow things down before they get voted out at the next elections.

When are the next elections by the way?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here