Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Article in the Telegraph

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I nearly said the 'C' word for the first time ever when I heard this on the wireless

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jam The Man said:
I nearly said the 'C' word for the first time ever when I heard this on the wireless
Oh come ON
You're not seriously trying to tell me you've never uttered the word CAD in your life ?

Not even under your breath ?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Easy 10 said:
Oh come ON
You're not seriously trying to tell me you've never uttered the word CAD in your life ?

Not even under your breath ?

OH!!! THAT word... I thought you meant cock-end

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Yeah,there was Prescott poring over every letter of the application.

Nothing to do with the wodge of legal civil servants who analysed every clause and sentence and then said "it's okay Mr.DPM."

Doesn't matter who the DPM is,the decision is sound and LDC will be paying the bill on behalf of their tax payers.

That's democracy in action!

That's N.Baker pissing in the wind.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Presser was quite brazen in declaring several months ago to a friend of a friend on a train back from Newcastle that whatever happened he wasn't going to let the planning inspectors tell him what to do (you can sort of picture it).

So given that, as we now find out, it is quite unusual to overrule them and yet he was so open about what his course of action would be, I doubt that 2 Jags is in any way phased by the whole hospitality business. It will no doubt just blow over when the big boys have had a word with Spikey Norm.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Norman Baker IS the only person pulling the strings in this whole enquiry. He run LDC and influences EVERYTHING that LDC do. He is using LDC council tax payers money as a propoganda tool and putting other peoples neck on the block if / when it backfires.

No respect from me at all.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
And please go and clean up the streets in Lewes Town Centre. For the capital of the county I live in, the centre of Lewes is in a filthy state and shows a terrible face of the county to visitors. Isn't that a greater priority than wasting £500,000 of your taxpayers' money?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They are clutching at straws, and will clearly try everything legal to win. A bit like us in fact.

But I can't be the only one reading this who privately thinks it was unwise in the extreme to invite Prescott for lunch while proceedings were still 'live'. And if the papers had been filed, they clearly were.

After all the work and the years of effort, to have your overwhelming case potentially undermined by something as petty as that is just stupid.

I hope it doesn't come to that, and it's difficult to blame anyone at the club - having to go for five years plus without a single slip-up is a big ask in anyone's job.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I so remember in the days after the decision so many on here saying "don't rub the NIMBYs faces in it, better to be good neighbours etc etc" and I said no, let them go screw themselves and lets make their lives a misery, beep our horns round the village before every game etc. Vengence is best served cold. How many people are still offering the hand of friendship? Happy new year to all bar the Lewes councilors and anti-stadium brigade. May they rot in hell and let's start getting nasty in our tactics too during 2006. Fed up playing by the book all these years to get our stadium, picking up litter after games, not playing sussex by the sea before the teams come out (remember that?) nicely nicely, softly softly......Sorry, but we don't live in a democracy so why should we abide by the rules that scum like Baker make up for their own self-gain? Well, NO MORE! Someone tell them animal rights lot that Baker puts shampoo in cute kittens eyes and eats dogs every other Sunday. What did Yoda say? Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering. Well I bloody hope all of Falmer's poxy house prices fall through the floor once the building commences. And if someone mentions it's an A.O.N.B just ONCE more.......!!! Demo in Lewes and storm their offices just like Bellotti at the Goldstone and Baker will hopefully have to run for his sorry liberal life too. Grrrrrrrr

Tooting Gull said:
They are clutching at straws, and will clearly try everything legal to win. A bit like us in fact.

But I can't be the only one reading this who privately thinks it was unwise in the extreme to invite Prescott for lunch while proceedings were still 'live'. And if the papers had been filed, they clearly were.

After all the work and the years of effort, to have your overwhelming case potentially undermined by something as petty as that is just stupid.

I hope it doesn't come to that, and it's difficult to blame anyone at the club - having to go for five years plus without a single slip-up is a big ask in anyone's job.
I can't see where a slip-up occurred. Prescott was a guest of the Hull City directors, not the Albion.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
On second thoughts it's the new year, so why am i getting so mad about this?! Nope, not going to let them get the better of me. And breath.....Lord Bracknell and co will lead us to the promised land and see them off in such fine style as they did before. We shall not be defeated! On a serious level , are their any plans for a SCR or other media debate with Norman and co v the club etc?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
portlock seagull said:
On second thoughts it's the new year, so why am i getting so mad about this?! Nope, not going to let them get the better of me. And breath.....Lord Bracknell and co will lead us to the promised land and see them off in such fine style as they did before. We shall not be defeated! On a serious level , are their any plans for a SCR or other media debate with Norman and co v the club etc?

Even if there were, there wouldn't be any point. The decision has been made, it is yes, and that is all there is to it.

The debating is done. That was done at two public enquiries. We know what twisted untrue shite the nimby's/LDC/Baker will come up with. They are only pursuing this line because they know how firmly Prescott is behind the stadium, and that's why they want him off the case.

It really is all very unclever and will make Baker end up looking like more of c**t than he is already...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
StaffsGull said:
Norman Baker IS the only person pulling the strings in this whole enquiry. He run LDC and influences EVERYTHING that LDC do. He is using LDC council tax payers money as a propoganda tool and putting other peoples neck on the block if / when it backfires.

No respect from me at all.
Actually, LDC and Norman Baker can't stand each other - they just coincedentally happen to share the same myopic view on the stadium.

Baker is two-faced, and his double-standards need to be published on a wide platform for all to see. His view about 'accepting the decision' and 'offering the olive branch' were all made at the time when he was convinced that Prescott was going to turn the stadium down. He's got this arrogant mindset from which he refuses to accept criticism or an alternative point of view.

What Baker can't accept is that Prescott was always going to grant the stadium, otherwise there wouldn't have been the second Inquiry.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I mentioned this on air on Saturday morning. To be honest, I think any enquiry that saw the room that Prescott was 'entertained' in would realise instantly there was absolutely no impropriety as it would barely qualify as hospitality in any ministerial circle. Or prison, for that matter.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Comedy Steve said:
I mentioned this on air on Saturday morning. To be honest, I think any enquiry that saw the room that Prescott was 'entertained' in would realise instantly there was absolutely no impropriety as it would barely qualify as hospitality in any ministerial circle. Or prison, for that matter.

Never a truer word said. But of course this issue, sadly, is going to be one of perception to people who might hear about it from a twisted NIMBY propagandist.

Dick Knight almost certainly wasn't plying the Deputy Prime Minister with finest cognac in our underwhelming facility - but why risk anyone thinking that.

I'm very surprised that no one either on Prescott's staff, or indeed at the club, realised that this could needlessly and unnecessarily develop into the sort of sniping article that has appeared in the Telegraph - and just not take the chance while the battle is still not quite won.

I think it was a mistake, a small one, and probably not a costly one. Let's hope not anyway.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Bounce!

May I remind everyone of the real reason why we're struggling yet again this season. Direct your anger against them that hate the Albion with passion. Buy yourself a squash ball, pretend it's Norman Baker, David Bellotti, Bill Archer, or a Falmer NIMBY's head and watch your game improve / get fit for 2006!

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
I am slightly concerned that for those not as informed as us, that LDC and baker are playing a clever game by inferring that something underhand has gone on with Prescott. To those not in the know, the outlets and angles they are using (Private Eye, Telegraph) give weight and credence to this view. Prescott has alot of enemies in the media who will latch on to any stories they think will undermine his position and we dont want the story to gather any kind of momentum. So much of what is printed about this is such bollocks that it makes wonder if most of what we read in the press is the same. Any journo's want to comment?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here