Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer another delay!!!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The fact that Lewes dc or Falmer Parish have nothing on their websites about this delay and the fact they have all made no comment seems to be with the news of the 5.3 millon grant good news.In my view if Lewes and co thought todays news was good news for them they would be shouting about it from the roof tops.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I have calmed down and fully expect a yes decision on 25th July. Good Night.

Well that is my last working day before two and a half weeks off, plus my birthday is the 26th so a nice YES then would certainly get the ball rolling in a pleasing fashion.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The fact that Lewes dc or Falmer Parish have nothing on their websites about this delay and the fact they have all made no comment seems to be with the news of the 5.3 millon grant good news.In my view if Lewes and co thought todays news was good news for them they would be shouting about it from the roof tops.

:) Nicely put!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Well that is my last working day before two and a half weeks off, plus my birthday is the 26th so a nice YES then would certainly get the ball rolling in a pleasing fashion.

The phrasing is on or before 25th July so it may not even go right up to the date (but we all know it probably will)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Out of interest – it was mentioned earlier in the thread that the decision is due just before the summer recess. Does this have any effect on the 6 weeks that LDC (et al) have to appeal?

BUT, for me, there have just been too many steps backward, and I have doubts, probably not based on anything tangible, or even factual, however I am not convinced that everything is as it seems. I really hope that I am wrong. It's probably just years of heartache and disappointment festering inside of me. My other problem is that I have a basic distrust in all politicians, which is not good I suppose, but it's there nevertheless.

You are clearly suffering from a highly infectious, virulent, incurable disease. There are many other similar sufferers on this board; outwardly sensible people who have this deep, ingrained, irrational fear that no matter how great things look on the outside, deep down there is something that is just about to jump out and bite you in the bum.

There is no known cure, except the realisation that yes, things will get worse and the unexpected will happen, but that at some indeterminate date in the future you will suddenly feel wonderful and on top of the world. But that feeling won't last, either!

Scientists have recently discovered that it is caused by supporting a certain blue and white striped Sussex football club.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
You are clearly suffering from a highly infectious, virulent, incurable disease. There are many other similar sufferers on this board; outwardly sensible people who have this deep, ingrained, irrational fear that no matter how great things look on the outside, deep down there is something that is just about to jump out and bite you in the bum.

There is no known cure, except the realisation that yes, things will get worse and the unexpected will happen, but that at some indeterminate date in the future you will suddenly feel wonderful and on top of the world. But that feeling won't last, either!

Scientists have recently discovered that it is caused by supporting a certain blue and white striped Sussex football club.

Blimey! I suffer from that too!

By any standards this seems to me to be poor planning by the the ministers and their civil servants. The 9th July date was the last date by which a decision should have been made. The change in PM and cabinet reshuffle did not come out of the blue, they were very foreseeable events and should have been accounted for in their annoucement planning. This mistake is compounded by the fact that a government error was largely the basis of the original LDC challenge and by the fact that this issue has been discussed for 5 years now.

The fact that the Prime Minister announced his intention to resign so far in advance has had no effect on Ministers and their departments until the very moment that his resignation is accepted.

Once that happens, government is effectively suspended until a new PM accepts to form a govenment. Te old government is dissolved. ALl ministers have to return their seals of office and effectively wait to see if they are going to be re-appointed or sacked or ONly then do Ministers change.

There was no gurantee of a cabinet reshuffle. Ministerial posts are entirelrfy in the gift of the Prime Minister . Brown could have left evreyone and everything in placeand evrything could have carried on.

However, on Friday he chose to make changes, as is his perogative.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The fact that the Prime Minister announced his intention to resign so far in advance has had no effect on Ministers and their departments until the very moment that his resignation is accepted.

Once that happens, government is effectively suspended until a new PM accepts to form a govenment. Te old government is dissolved. ALl ministers have to return their seals of office and effectively wait to see if they are going to be re-appointed or sacked or ONly then do Ministers change.

There was no gurantee of a cabinet reshuffle. Ministerial posts are entirelrfy in the gift of the Prime Minister . Brown could have left evreyone and everything in placeand evrything could have carried on.

You can say that until you are blue in the face. Some people just aren't listening.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
You can say that until you are blue in the face. Some people just aren't listening.

Agreed, the point made about the latest delay is fair enough but Pondicherry made several points, including one about the cock up with the last Yes decision from that muppet Prescott.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head

TLO I think most of us understand what happens when you get a new cabinet. A lot of us predicted that there would be a delay. What got up my nose was that an MP, Civil servants; press officers kept on saying that the deadline of 9 July would be met. It may have been said with good intent but they were wrong.

Throughout this sorry business we have been told that everything was OK only to have each stage blow up in our face. Now this latest delay is minor and hopefully will end with a positive step forward in getting our new stadium, but you can understand why many of us now blow a gasket when OOPS! another delay happens.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.

So are you saying there is no continuity in Government when there are changes made at the top? Thats just not the case,there is a civil service and Pondicherry's post is spot on.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm an IT Project Manager and if I was brought in to replace the previous incumbent 2 weeks before a release / go-live date there is not a shag-in-a-brothels chance they would give me another 2 weeks to deliver - not a chance.

Do we know anything about this new lady - please tel me she is Karen Brady's shag-buddy - Gay football fan should do the trick .... :falmer:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I also don't like to give offence but I do find it depressing to see such an eager desire to Wallow In Grief despite their being scant evidence that there's any need to treat this announcement with such rabid outpourings of pessimism.

Isn't this just the natural reflex action given the utter frustration many of us feel at YET ANOTHER DELAY. Personally I want to kick Hazel Blears very hard. She may not be to blame but she'll do for tonights scapegoat.

It just feels as though fate is taking the piss out of us - yet again - and some of us are getting to the stage when we just can't wait any longer!!! Every time we get near to a decision it moves away again. The angst and irritation is very understandable.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
We just have to accept that politically sensitive decisions MUST be handled in a politically sensitive way.

If they are not, then questions will be asked.

And the first person to ask an awkward question will be the new Lib Dem front bench spokesperson with the brief that includes the probity of government decision making.

Step forward ... Norman Baker MP, appointed to the job only yesterday afternoon.

Jesus f***ing christ. Noooooooooooooo!!!

we ARE doomed

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Isn't this just the natural reflex action given the utter frustration many of us feel at YET ANOTHER DELAY. Personally I want to kick Hazel Blears very hard. She may not be to blame but she'll do for tonights scapegoat.

It just feels as though fate is taking the piss out of us - yet again - and some of us are getting to the stage when we just can't wait any longer!!! Every time we get near to a decision it moves away again. The angst and irritation is very understandable.

What he said

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

The stadium won't be delayed in it's opening by this (very) minor latest delay.

Yes it's frustrating, but the news today from SEEDA more than compenates for it.

Don't panic, and Keep the Faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here