Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer alert text service

Lottie

Oct 19, 2005
The Argus Falmer News Service

Text SUFALMER to 88010 to receive the stadium news by text as soon as it breaks (standard text tarifs apply).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What is this ? The Friday Ad ?
No thank you Lottie. I'd rather not. But thank you for asking.
:)

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Biscuit said:
you'll hear it first here. If it doesn't crash.

Anything over 300 online seems to have NSC teetering at the moment :(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Easy lads...

Lottie did approach me about this and with a geographically diverse userbase I thought it would do no harm to have this mentioned here, so that those who might be away from PCs etc will get the news as it happens.

(Made a few tweaks to the NSC database this afternoon, and I stopped getting error messages at the same time, so hopefully we'll be OK when we get over 300 users again)

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I must admit I have signed up to this. It is free and since I have meetings all over the place next week cannot be sure I will be in front of my PC when the decision is announched.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can you confirm the stop messages, message to send after the announcement.

I might sign up as I'm in Malta next week

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Re: The Argus Falmer News Service

Lottie said:
Text SUFALMER to 88010 to receive the stadium news by text as soon as it breaks (standard text tarifs apply).

A great idea, i for one cant be at the computer during the working day, i will be signing up straight away :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: The Argus Falmer News Service

hitony said:
A great idea, i for one cant be at the computer during the working day, i will be signing up straight away :clap2:

I have as well as I don't get on the net at work.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Once the decision is made, will we get anything else sent to our phone? If not, i'll text the number

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Withdean Wanderer said:
Once the decision is made, will we get anything else sent to our phone? If not, i'll text the number

Only if you also send SUALBION to the same number and then the texts following that are free(according to the Argus) If you want to stop at any time you send STOP.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
Only if you also send SUALBION to the same number and then the texts following that are free(according to the Argus) If you want to stop at any time you send STOP.

So do I need to send two texts to get this or just SUALBION ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BHA links said:
So do I need to send two texts to get this or just SUALBION ?

I did two texts as the Falmer one does cost the normal network rate (as in the first post)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
My phone broke just a week ago :( And too skint to get a new one so i'm just gonna hope im near a radio or t.v or p.c when its released. I should think it would be on the club site before the argus get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here