Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fake Fans Bore Off. This is like a new beginning...

• Thread starter Deleted member 18477
  • Start date

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
I feel the same!!!!! how can u support 2 teams??? What happens when they play each other either in the league (when we get to the prem) or if we drew them in the cup!!!!! I cant understand it!!!! Brighton til I die!!!!!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ive been an avid supporter of Arsenal for the last 15 years, and will continue to be an avid supporter of Arsenal FC. Im currently a season ticket holder at Withdean, and have my presentation at the Amex next friday for my season ticket there. I dont see a problem with this at all. I consider myself to have a 70-30 view, (arsenal - brighton), but that 30% recieves support home and away, rain or shine, win or lose. I see it that if people are paying there money to come and watch the Albion, then let them be, i bet atleast 30% of the capacity at every home game supports another club.

You make me SICK!!!!!!!!!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
So basicly your saying, lets ban all people who follow another team. Do you only want 1000 people at the amex each game ?

Expect nothing more from a Chelsea fan. Believes there are only 1000 Albion fans who don't support other clubs. How patronising! How misguided...FOOL!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ahh another "i'm a better fan than you thread" a NSC staple.

My parents are both from Brighton but i grew up in Buckinghamshire, I was born in Oxford (So i look out for their results, if that is okay with eveyone). I also watched most of my football on the TV, (My dad took me to Albion games when we came down to visit family) but most of my football was seen from "an armchair". I was captivated by the way Liverpool played, watching Dalgleish and co was amazing to me at a young age. I saw more Liverpool than Brighton so grew strong connections with them, which i still have whether some people think it is possible or morally right or not.

If anyone thinks i am less of a Brighton fan because of this then they are wrong. I also support Geelong, does this take away from my Brighton fandom too?

Pompous Snobbery "i am a better fan than you" is all it is. Some people have been sitting in a shit stadium for too long telling themselves that the suffering they have endured for the last 15 years makes them a better fan! Maybe they should have built a stand at the AMEX 10 metres away from the pitch with no roof and called it the "Martyrs Stand".

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ahh another "i'm a better fan than you thread" a NSC staple.

My parents are both from Brighton but i grew up in Buckinghamshire, I was born in Oxford (So i look out for their results, if that is okay with eveyone). I also watched most of my football on the TV, (My dad took me to Albion games when we came down to visit family) but most of my football was seen from "an armchair". I was captivated by the way Liverpool played, watching Dalgleish and co was amazing to me at a young age. I saw more Liverpool than Brighton so grew strong connections with them, which i still have whether some people think it is possible or morally right or not.

If anyone thinks i am less of a Brighton fan because of this then they are wrong. I also support Geelong, does this take away from my Brighton fandom too?

Pompous Snobbery "i am a better fan than you" is all it is. Some people have been sitting in a shit stadium for too long telling themselves that the suffering they have endured for the last 15 years makes them a better fan! Maybe they should have built a stand at the AMEX 10 metres away from the pitch with no roof and called it the "Martyrs Stand".

Well jealousy is a sin. And good job some of us could be arsed to turn up in a "shit stadium" to keep the club going so you can come to the nice shiney one eh?! You, you TOKEN fan! Been watching the Sullivans too long eh Bruce?!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well jealousy is a sin. And good job some of us could be arsed to turn up in a "shit stadium" to keep the club going so you can come to the nice shiney one eh?! You, you TOKEN fan! Been watching the Sullivans too long eh Bruce?!

keep your badge of honour shinny. Make sure all the newbies see it and respect you for it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I only follow the Albion and as another poster on here said England and they both test my patience at the best of times.
As a red blooded male I can not multi task as all women will point out, so I would clearly have a melt down, if I had to look out for two teams on the same day.
Therefore those that do have two teams say a chelski and orient or whoever must clearly be gay !!! simples !!!

I maybe in for one of them sky burials for the above post.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
  • S: (adj) bigoted (blindly and obstinately attached to some creed or opinion and intolerant toward others) "a bigoted person"; "an outrageously bigoted point of view"
I knew I could use it for some posters here.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
  • S: (adj) bigoted (blindly and obstinately attached to some creed or opinion and intolerant toward others) "a bigoted person"; "an outrageously bigoted point of view"
I knew I could use it for some posters here.

Thanks teacher :wrong:

Just because it is not your view, does not make it a bigoted view :wrong:

Mine was tongue in cheek :wrong:

I have one for you

self-righteous
adj
having or showing an exaggerated awareness of one's own virtuousness or rights :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thanks teacher :wrong:

Just because it is not your view, does not make it a bigoted view :wrong:

Mine was tongue in cheek :wrong:

I have one for you

self-righteous
adj
having or showing an exaggerated awareness of one's own virtuousness or rights :)

Wow there's paranioa for you! I didn't make a view I just quoted an adjective. Why are you so defensive? What makes you think the reply was made to you?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Wow there's paranioa for you! I didn't make a view I just quoted an adjective. Why are you so defensive? What makes you think the reply was made to you?

Because im a paraniod skitzo, why quote it then ? why are you so attackist ? what makes you think I thought that the reply was made to me other than the fact i replied to your reply with your quote attached ? I have a small child who has not slept for more than 2hours at a time for over a month and im on the edge, I think im going mad !!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
With that in mind, here is a (possibly) better question. If you do have 2 teams, and if they played each other, who would you want to win? Not: who would you cheer for, but, who would you be more gutted for if they lost?

that applies to me and I tend to support the away team ( ie Brighton at Huddersfield and Hudds at Brighton)

seriously though the best result I tend to want is a draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here