Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fake Fans Bore Off. This is like a new beginning...

• Thread starter Deleted member 18477
  • Start date

Yeah lets just stick with the regular 8,000 fans we got eh?? Who wants to fill the Amex anyway?

this is a feeling I often get on here, If you don't know all the players middle names, waist measurements and favourite cigar size you're not welcome, and if we draw a big name in the cup god help anyone trying to buy a ticket who didn't go to Shrewsbury away in the JPT on a tuesday night.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
People have often asked me as a Brighton fan over the years "yeah, but who else do you support"? i don't get it at all. I have one team i support, have done and will do through thick and thin and that team is Brighton & Albion - and i'm very proud of it too.

What he said! :bhasign:

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i follow foreign teams but have no out and out favourite per-se, the only team i stick with through thick and thin is the albion.

only other club i followed with quite a bit of interest was atletico back when they had torres as captain, and inter back in the day when they had ronaldo and didnt win much

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
what a LOAD of TOSH.

People can support who the hell they want.

I support Brighton and Arsenal. Have bought a season ticket for 10 years since I was 13 . At that age i was basically spending ALL my money each year on my season ticket and the privelage of sitting in the rain on a school night watching us lose. Then I went to Uni and spent 500 quid a year on a ticket + 400 quid on trains which could have been spent on something useful..like beer or food.

But according to you that doesn't count as a fan as I also follow another team? Arsenal were hovering around 8th or so when I followed them and have grown massively which falsely implies 'glory hunting'. Ridiculous statement.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
what a LOAD of TOSH.

I support Brighton and Arsenal. Have bought a season ticket for 10 years since I was 13 . At that age i was basically spending ALL my money each year on my season ticket and the privelage of sitting in the rain on a school night watching us lose. Then I went to Uni and spent 500 quid a year on a ticket + 400 quid on trains which could have been spent on something useful..like beer or food.

But according to you that doesn't count as a fan as I also follow another team? Arsenal were hovering around 8th or so when I followed them and have grown massively which falsely implies 'glory hunting'. Ridiculous statement.

I must be a fake fan as well then because the first team I liked as a kid was Chelsea, I still like them and still enjoy getting to an occasional game but It has'nt stopped me supporting the Albion home and away for the last 40 years though.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
what a LOAD of TOSH.

Well put.

I would love to see you stand in my local and tell the gooner and spurs fans that they are fake.

i would wager alot of money that you would not make the door.

gnjd_85

May 19, 2009
I was kind of brought up to support both Chelsea and Brighton, started going to both when about 7, having a pair of football mad parents, including a dad that had been going to watch Chelsea since the 1950's but living in Sussex.

I started out watching more Brighton games but then slid over to Chelsea when we were away at Gillingham as I spent a lot of time in London anyway. However I have rapidly lost interest in Chelsea over the last few years, I had a season ticket there (while still catching Brighton games where possible) up until the summer Abramovic took over and that coincided with me going away to uni and since then the club has changed so much I hardly recognise it anymore.

So it's been a bit of a rollercoaster between the two but Brighton have taken over more and more over the past few years to the extent that I would now say that while I have a lingering softspot for Chelsea, I only support one team, Brighton.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I must be a fake fan as well then because the first team I liked as a kid was Chelsea, I still like them and still enjoy getting to an occasional game but It has'nt stopped me supporting the Albion home and away for the last 40 years though.

YEAH. I don't want NON-FANS like YOU anywhere NEAR the stadium.

We'd be better off with 22 people than 22 THOUSAND like YOU.

40 years? PAH :bhasign:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what a LOAD of TOSH.

exactly

Edmonds44

Feb 9, 2011
Essex
as a Spurs fan we have a lot of people that support/follow our club from all different countries/areas who also follow other teams, all i see it as is good... only because if they are willing to put their hard earned cash into the club then its only a plus to have 'fake fans' as you called them...

I like Brighton a lot and actually own a Brighton Shirt from my days at university down your way, so I am putting money into a club that i like (not specifically my 1st club) but I am a fan of football and like teams that play the game well... so it is people like me that help the everyday running of the club...

so you may call me a fake fan but most people should see it as a wider fan base

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Is this whole debate not another Murdoch-based argument? Wall to wall coverage of the Premiership since it started ? Kids raised on it, not disputing for one moment that the parents might be Londoners etc...., but do get pissed off with the armchair 'Super Sunday' glory hunters.
Thus says a Brighton supporter of some 50 years, when I started, apart from the teams we played against, never heard of any others enough to want to switch allegiance.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My only other team has always been England, and they have pushed their luck at times. Dont understand people who support clubs they have no real affinity/history with. Ive tried watching matches overseas and find them mostly boring, and I think that is due to my lack of knowledge about the teams playing, their histories etc...Ive got a few Indian colleagues working in Bangalore and Mumbai... cracks me up sometimes when I see posts on their facebook along the lines of...We are buying Torres and....Watch us now we have Torres........ as India doesnt have a strong football tradition im forgiving, but it still makes me laugh...the same as when I hear obvious Brightonians talking in the same way about Manure, Liverpool, Newcastle etc..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
All this stuff really doesn't bother me in the slightest. If someone in India wants to support liverpool, who gives a shit? there is an argument about supporting your local team, but if someone who lives in Brighton wants to support a London club in the Premiership, then there is no law that says you must support x or y team. If you are at school and your mates support a premiership side then more than likely you will do so......Yes there are people on here that are very proud that their offspring support Brighton and good luck to them...

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Thats a bit like saying northern based fans should'nt support the Albion.

Most northern based fans have probably moved up there from Sussex or family ties mean they support the Albion. Most people in Sussex who follow Man U have probably no conection with them or even seen them play.
That's the way I would see it knowing many that live north of London.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I am all for all and sundry coming along whether they have single or joint allegiance. What I will find annoying is sitting next to someone who wants to tel me how good Spurs, Arse et al are and why the albion should get on bended knees to give thanks that he /she has us as a second (bit of a hobby) team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here