Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fairly big game on Wednesday night....

Who would you rather win the Champions League?

• Total voters

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I dislike both teams, but Chelsea are the lesser of two evils. I'd really hate to see those smug Man Utd "fans" if they complete a league and Euro "double". We would never hear the end of it and them winning the league is bad enough.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fairly Big??

The game is massive, arguably the biggest in English club football history.

Really? I'd have gone for Liverpool v Nottingham Forest, 15 April 1989 in Sheffield, or Bradford City v Lincoln City in 1985, myself.

It's an absolute no-brainer that this game is NOT massive for English club football. It is big for two clubs, but not much else. You're just being gullibly suckered in by babbling, brainless ad-men.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i like michael ballack and avram grant, but hate chelsea

think ill plump for united

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would amuse me if an emphatic United win started a ripple of events culminating with Abramovich spitting the dummy and calling in all of the money he's pumped in to Chelsea before buggering off somewhere else.

It would appear Lampard is off to Inter while Drogba is also clearly unsettled. However, a Chelsea win would make all the difference, with the chairman then holding all the aces.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I'd rather the blues beat the reds :)

Seconded. Plus Manure have already won the Premiership so it would be nice for Chelsea to win something.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Really? I'd have gone for Liverpool v Nottingham Forest, 15 April 1989 in Sheffield, or Bradford City v Lincoln City in 1985, myself.

It's an absolute no-brainer that this game is NOT massive for English club football. It is big for two clubs, but not much else. You're just being gullibly suckered in by babbling, brainless ad-men.

What are you babbling on about? The two games you have mentioned were disasters for English football, not big games in the literal sense.

Tomorrow, two English football teams face each other in the final of the highest level club competition in Europe. Something that has never happened before. Quite clearly this is the biggest match between two English football clubs EVER.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What are you babbling on about? The two games you have mentioned were disasters for English football, not big games in the literal sense.

Tomorrow, two English football teams face each other in the final of the highest level club competition in Europe. Something that has never happened before. Quite clearly this is the biggest match between two English football clubs EVER.
Correct.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

:clap: TLO being a pleb as ever

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Calm down, life is about opinions. To some people this game means NOTHING.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This may be the biggest game with two English teams ever, on paper, but in reality they are part of a European super league. It may be contentious but the achievements of Liverpool, Villa and Forest way back held far more interest for me and was a far more impressive achievement. Teams like United and Chelsea SHOULD be getting to European cup finals every year. The fact that both have underachieved recently and have at last managed to get there really is not that big a deal imo when you consider the massive financial advantage they both have over just about every other European team.

There may not be a "couldn't give a f*** option" but there should be as I reckon it may have had the most number of votes, so should have been included

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

The thing with TLO is that he thinks he is clever... and that he is one of the 'in' crowd when it comes to the club!

He is nothing but a prized pillock!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

yeah, but because it is between two successful teams with a lot of money in the premiership it doesnt count - even if it is arguably the biggest and best club trophy competition in the WORLD

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There may not be a "couldn't give a f*** option" but there should be as I reckon it may have had the most number of votes, so should have been included
And 80% of the people who would have voted "couldn't give a f***" will watch it just as everyone else knew they would, and then post their opinions on here the following day. So why bother giving the option? And to that end, Alan's post was lefty, right-on, unreasonably opinionated and angry and totally untrue load of bollocks IMO.

Personally I don't care all that much who wins but it should be a good game.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
And 80% of the people who would have voted "couldn't give a f***" will watch it just as everyone else knew they would, and then post their opinions on here the following day. So why bother giving the option? And to that end, Alan's post was lefty, right-on, unreasonably opinionated and angry and totally untrue load of bollocks IMO.

Personally I don't care all that much who wins but it should be a good game.

See what I mean? :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here