Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fair play to the Fathers for Justice

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
no but i know that you wouldnt be talking like you do if you had been stopped from seeing your kids

Need i say more :thumbsup:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
I know no-one can see into the future but perhaps if we took marriage and the responsibility of having kids a bit more seriously wouldn't we be in a better position to offer kids a better upbringing with both parents around? I'm not slating single parents but if both parents are there and doing a decent job of it, surely that is the best environment for them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know no-one can see into the future but perhaps if we took marriage and the responsibility of having kids a bit more seriously wouldn't we be in a better position to offer kids a better upbringing with both parents around? I'm not slating single parents but if both parents are there and doing a decent job of it, surely that is the best environment for them.
:rolleyes:

Not slating poor people or anything, but wouldn't it be great if everyone had lots of money too. :thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Thats all nice and rosy what your saying but this is the real world and it isn't going to change much.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

So stop doing demostrations,rallies to fight causes because it causes financial
burden on this tosspot of a government? Sorry sunshine your liberal lefty army has pass their sell by date.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So stop doing demostrations,rallies to fight causes because it causes financial burden on this tosspot of a government? Sorry sunshine your liberal lefty army has pass their sell by date.
It's got nothing to do with woolly liberalism and everything to do with a right to protest.

Incidentally, I don't agree with the haulage companies - there's already too much traffic on our roads and the haulage industry is not one I feel we need to be protecting - but they do have every right to protest.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
burden on this tosspot of a government? Sorry sunshine your liberal lefty army has pass their sell by date.

I have a liberal lefty army now? Great! Oh, but it's passed it's sell-by date? Bah!

Sorry, 'sunshine' but Fathers For Juatice , fuel tax protesters and the cuntryside alliance or whatever they're called are all one and the same to me. I don't have sympathy for their 'causes'. Sorry.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Incidentally, I don't agree with the haulage companies - there's already too much traffic on our roads and the haulage industry is not one I feel we need to be protecting

But you'd soon be getting all shouty in the supermarket when the deli counter has run out of brie again and you can't find a tub of humus anywhere for love nor money.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's got nothing to do with woolly liberalism and everything to do with a right to protest.

Incidentally, I don't agree with the haulage companies - there's already too much traffic on our roads and the haulage industry is not one I feel we need to be protecting - but they do have every right to protest.

People have to go to work and the public transport is an absolute rip off and unreliable.There must be other ways around this without using this green issue as a smoke screen to hike prices up.Are you aware this government is deeper in debt when they came to power in 97? You obviously and others swallow this carbon footprint/global warming bollocks

People have to go to work and the public transport is an absolute rip off and unreliable.There must be other ways around this without using this green issue as a smoke screen to hike prices up.Are you aware this government is deeper in debt when they came to power in 97? You obviously and others swallow this carbon footprint/global warming bollocks

Without meaning to hijack, the transport system in this country has gone to the dogs. It might be the same elsewhere in the world, I don't really know, but it seems to me that it's f***ed up. The absurdy of having to queue to get pretty much ANYWHERE in and around Cambridge (even during off peak hours) as thousands of people drive around on their own in cars struck me the other day. Yet the trains are (generally) crappy, overcrowded, overpriced and unreliable, and while the buses here are pretty good, they are pretty limited in terms of where they go. I don't know how the hell I'd cope without a bike; I only bring my car out now when I really have to.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Whereas weird/stupid racial bigotry as espoused by you is the future...chinny reckon...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I have a liberal lefty army now? Great! Oh, but it's passed it's sell-by date? Bah!

Sorry, 'sunshine' but Fathers For Juatice , fuel tax protesters and the cuntryside alliance or whatever they're called are all one and the same to me. I don't have sympathy for their 'causes'. Sorry.

'Fathers for Justice' and the 'Countryside Alliance' have two totally separate agendas based on totally separate starting points - neither of which have anything to do with each other. So they cannot be properly compared to each other aside from the come under the label 'protest'.

It actually sounds like you don't belive in the concept of protest.

Therefore, I am very happy for you that you are evidently pleased with your how you existence - not requiring any form of change - has turned out.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
'Fathers for Justice' and the 'Countryside Alliance' have two totally separate agendas based on totally separate starting points - neither of which have anything to do with each other. So they cannot be properly compared to each other aside from the come under the label 'protest'.

It actually sounds like you don't belive in the concept of protest.

Therefore, I am very happy for you that you are evidently pleased with your how you existence - not requiring any form of change - has turned out.

I certainly DO believe in the right to protest. And - thank you - I am well aware of the separate agenda's of the various groups I mentioned. I am well within my rights to lump them all together as groups I don't give a toss about.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
What if the father is a complete wanker, taking drugs and being a thug, does that give him the right to see his chid?

No but I take it you think there are no mothers like that.

Some people are assuming that every father that is not allowed to see their kids has commited some offence that stops them. Thats not the case, there are hundreds of fathers who are denied their kids just because the mother wants to punish the father or in order to get the tax and benefits paid solely to them.

Many of F4j members have reached a point where this type of demo is the ONLY option left to them. The courts have left them high and dry and in fact they would be shit dads if they gave up and didn't demonstrate.

No matter how good a dad you may have been under the current system if your wife wants to destroy the relationship with your kids especially if they are young she merely has to accuse you of either violence or abuse and the courts will (in the interests of the child) stop you seeing your children. If social services get involved they can even get a court to order it without you even knowing or ever going to court to fight it.

Its all done in secret, that may be ok if you are guilty but how would you feel if you were totally innocent and your ex just wanted you out of their life?

If ever you are unlucky to end up in the family courts be very, very afraid - you will not believe what will be done to you

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
What if the father is a complete wanker, taking drugs and being a thug, does that give him the right to see his chid?

No it does not. In those cases they are not fit to be let near kids. It HAS to be about the childs interests and when cases like you cite go to court, that is what they will generally rule on.

The lack of rights for fathers absolutely disgusts me. I find this a very emotive issue. If you want to play a part in your child's life, support it and be there for it and you are prevented from doing so by the other party, it is absolutely devastating. Many women use the kids as pawns to get at the ex or do it to spite them. They are plain selfish and the child's interest is not even considered.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh dear, what started out as a reasoned debate has now resorted to a typical NSC love in. I wonder if anybody hurling personal insults on here has actually stopped to think that in doing same it rather undermines their argument ?

People should be entitled to express an opinion without those who disagree with them resorting to personal abuse let alone making sweeping assumptions about someone they've never met.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh dear, what started out as a reasoned debate has now resorted to a typical NSC love in. I wonder if anybody hurling personal insults on here has actually stopped to think that in doing same it rather undermines their argument ?

People should be entitled to express an opinion without those who disagree with them resorting to personal abuse let alone making sweeping assumptions about someone they've never met.
Wise words FRANK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here