Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fair play to the Fathers for Justice

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They may not be doing a whole load of harm, but what good are they doing? Do you really think that the majority of people look at them and feel sympathy, or look at them and think TWAT? Irrespective of whether people sympathise with their situation or not I reckon it's the latter. I honestly think they do themselves more harm than good pulling these stunts.
I disagree. TWAT doesn't cross my mind. I just feel utter pity. How many of us would choose to make a complete cock of themselves out of desperation?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
They may not be doing a whole load of harm, but what good are they doing? Do you really think that the majority of people look at them and feel sympathy, or look at them and think TWAT? Irrespective of whether people sympathise with their situation or not I reckon it's the latter. I honestly think they do themselves more harm than good pulling these stunts.

Of course you're right. I just thought the point needed to be made.

You're right of course but desparate people do desparate things, I can understand their frustration and anger and I'm sure that have exhausted all legal avenues they do these acts just to make people aware of their situation.

After all, there's usually two sides (at least) to any story.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
You're right of course but desparate people do desparate things, I can understand their frustration and anger and I'm sure that have exhausted all legal avenues they do these acts just to make people aware of their situation.

Spot on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

When you become a farther and then suddenly you are stopped seeing your kids you might understand better.
It's all about publicity with them in a harmless way.Even the police know this and didn't bother sending an armed unit to protect a very high profile cabinet minister.
They have my 100% support providing no one gets hurt or causes such major disruptment

When you become a farther and then suddenly you are stopped seeing your kids you might understand better.
It's all about publicity with them in a harmless way.Even the police know this and didn't bother sending an armed unit to protect a very high profile cabinet minister.
They have my 100% support providing no one gets hurt or causes such major disruptment

You know f*** all about me so stop making assumptions.

I'm all for them raising publicity I just think that they go about it completely the wrong way. The biggest problem they have IS the fuckwits that attach themselves to the group, pull some ridiculous stunt, then when it gets media coverage the people involved get outed as wifebeaters or whatever. They need to think a lot more creatively and make sure that they know the background of the people involved.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
I can only think that you didn't read all of what was written algie, KSA raised some valid points.
I cringe sometimes at what they get up to but still have sympathy for what they're trying to achieve.

Acting like a nob even to raise awareness of a real injustice still makes you look like a nob and people are less likely to take your issue seriously. IMHO.

Precisely. There are two sides to each story. Unfortunately for some members of FFJ the stories sometimes make it easy to understand why they've been excluded from the upbringing of kids.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How much harm are they really doing by dressing up and standing on buildings?

London Mayor Ken Livingstone has condemned a campaigner whose protest in support of fathers' rights has caused commuter chaos.
Mr Livingstone said David Chick, who donned a Spiderman costume and climbed a crane near Tower Bridge on Friday morning, was "amply demonstrating" why "some men should not have access to their own children".

The protest has caused police to keep the bridge and surrounding roads closed to traffic since Friday.

They are due to be reopened on Tuesday afternoon after the mayor and Met police chief Sir John Stevens agreed the situation was "completely unacceptable".

Mr Chick, 26, of West Sussex, whose protest is part of a continuing campaign by Fathers 4 Justice, remained at the top of the 100ft (30.48 metres) crane for a fifth day on Tuesday.

He claims he has been refused access to his three-year-old daughter, despite a court order allowing him to see her.

Tower Bridge and surrounding roads were shut amid fears Mr Chick would fall because the crane was swinging in high winds.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
David Chick was 36 when he climbed Tower Bridge. He used to wander around Burgess Hill shouting "I am the son of god, I am a millionaire!" I don't think he was the full ticket.

Days up the crane: 6
Police costs: £60,000
Maximum fine for “public nuisance” offences: £1,000
Workers stopped from working on building site: 120
Working days lost: 3½
Police on duty (daily): 26
Police on duty yesterday: 40
Fathers who lose contact with their children each day: 100

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
David Chick was 36 when he climbed Tower Bridge. He used to wander around Burgess Hill shouting "I am the son of god, I am a millionaire!" I don't think he was the full ticket.

Days up the crane: 6
Police costs: £60,000
Maximum fine for “public nuisance” offences: £1,000
Workers stopped from working on building site: 120
Working days lost: 3½
Police on duty (daily): 26
Police on duty yesterday: 40
Fathers who lose contact with their children each day: 100

So should hgv drivers stop doing blockades in fuel protests then? as it costs the government thousands?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Mayor Ken Livingstone has condemned a campaigner whose protest in support of fathers' rights has caused commuter chaos.
Mr Livingstone said David Chick, who donned a Spiderman costume and climbed a crane near Tower Bridge on Friday morning, was "amply demonstrating" why "some men should not have access to their own children". ...
He claims he has been refused access to his three-year-old daughter, despite a court order allowing him to see her.
Sounds like the courts don't agree with you Ken. In fact it sounds to me like these are the actions of a desperate man.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You know f*** all about me so stop making assumptions.

I'm all for them raising publicity I just think that they go about it completely the wrong way. The biggest problem they have IS the fuckwits that attach themselves to the group, pull some ridiculous stunt, then when it gets media coverage the people involved get outed as wifebeaters or whatever. They need to think a lot more creatively and make sure that they know the background of the people involved.
he knows enough to know that your not a father whos been stopped seeing your kids

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here