Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fair play to the Fathers for Justice

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
protestharman6xt6.jpg

We salute you! :thumbsup:

It's absolutely disgusting how fathers in this country have no virtually rights whatsoever when it comes to seeing thier kids if they are not married or named on the birth certificate. Every kid has the right to have 2 parents.

Well done to these guys for raising the profile with their protest again at the weekend. Trouble is, when will anyone listen? :(

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
protestharman6xt6.jpg

It's absolutely disgusting how fathers in this country have no virtually rights whatsoever when it comes to seeing thier kids if they are not married or named on the birth certificate. Every kid has the right to have 2 parents.

Well done to these guys for raising the profile with their protest again at the weekend. Trouble is, when will anyone listen? :(

Biological rights just get in the way of same sex adoption and family creating so dont expect any sympathy from this looney left government.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Funny how so many men don't want to accept the responsibility to pay child support, though. Like so much of life these days, demanding rights doesn't seem to be matched by accepting responsibilities.

My wife wife works with a woman who has struggled financially for the last 14 years, because her scumbag of husband walked out while she was pregnant.

He runs his own successful business, has a big detached house, drives the obligatory flash car to flaunt his wealth, and holidays in the Caribbean, yet he gets his accountant to 'cook the books' so that he can convince the CSA that his business is struggling so much that he can only afford a fiver a week in child support.

What a selfish w****r.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Funny how so many men don't want to accept the responsibility to pay child support, though. Like so much of life these days, demanding rights doesn't seem to be matched by accepting responsibilities.

My wife wife works with a woman who has struggled financially for the last 14 years, because her scumbag of husband walked out while she was pregnant.

He runs his own successful business, has a big detached house, drives the obligatory flash car to flaunt his wealth, and holidays in the Caribbean, yet he gets his accountant to 'cook the books' so that he can convince the CSA that his business is struggling so much that he can only afford a fiver a week in child support.

What a selfish w****r.

That is a massive issue, but a very different one. I'd say there are plenty in "fathers for justice" who would love to pay more than their fair share if only they were allowed to see their children and not prevented from doing so by some bitter and incredibly selfish ex.

protestharman6xt6.jpg

When they stop behaving like EXACTLY the sort of people that shouldn't be anywhere near kids?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought that they had stopped these stunts because of the kidnap plot involving one of Tony Blair's kids, which was planned by some of their more extreme members.

Have they started again?

VERY harsh. Desperate people are often driven to desperate measures.

I appreciate that for many of these guys they are desperate to have some involvement with their kids, but that is still no excuse for breaking the law and pulling ridiculous irresponsible stunts. Everyone on here knows that there is a way to lobby Government and authorities in ways that both make the headlines and have the right impact, we've been doing it on behalf of the Albion for years. Why can't these guys be a bit more creative, rather than just resorting to superhero costumes and standing on top of buildings. They just look like fuckwits half the time, and can't say they are setting a good example to the kids can they? How exactly is behaviour like that meant to convince anyone that they are a responsible person, capable of and should be given permission to look after children.

Sorry, no sympathy for these twats from me. Every sympathy for any parent, regardless of gender, that is stopped from spending time with their children for no reason other than selfishness on the part of the other parent.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
When they stop behaving like EXACTLY the sort of people that shouldn't be anywhere near kids?
Well said. The rights or wrongs of any reasoned, intelligent well-held point of view can NOT be conveyed by the wearing of stupid Superman costumes. Unless...someone was actually planning to BAN the wearing of Superman costumes. Then they'd have a point.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I appreciate that for many of these guys they are desperate to have some involvement with their kids, but that is still no excuse for breaking the law and pulling ridiculous irresponsible stunts. Everyone on here knows that there is a way to lobby Government and authorities in ways that both make the headlines and have the right impact, we've been doing it on behalf of the Albion for years. Why can't these guys be a bit more creative, rather than just resorting to superhero costumes and standing on top of buildings. They just look like fuckwits half the time, and can't say they are setting a good example to the kids can they? How exactly is behaviour like that meant to convince anyone that they are a responsible person, capable of and should be given permission to look after children.
How much harm are they really doing by dressing up and standing on buildings? I don't think I'd want to be labelled a twat by people who haven't had the misfortune of having their kids snatched away out of spite simply because I express my anger and outrage in an unconventional way.

Sorry, no sympathy for these twats from me. Every sympathy for any parent, regardless of gender, that is stopped from spending time with their children for no reason other than selfishness on the part of the other parent.
Obviously I know *exactly* where you're coming from here and I completely agree with you, but the fact is that 99% of these cases affect FATHERS.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
That is a massive issue, but a very different one. I'd say there are plenty in "fathers for justice" who would love to pay more than their fair share if only they were allowed to see their children and not prevented from doing so by some bitter and incredibly selfish ex.

I got caught like that.
The thing I learned was that I should have got my parental responsibility signed and sorted whilst still living with my ex-partner and my children as an unmarried father.
I was happy taking the responsibility to see they were paid for, sheltered properly etc. but after that if you're not on good terms you might have a battle ahead if you want to go on holiday abroad, see their teachers at parents evenings etc.
Just got to do the best you can under the circumstances, some utterly selfish "dads" mess it up for many responsible men wanting to do what's fair.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location

What a selfish w****r.

In circumstances like that I agree, it is disgusting behaviour.

But what if the circumstances are that the father DOES want to pay maintanance and DOES want to see the kids and is prevented from doing so by the mother and has no real rights to get around this.

I have a lot of sympathy for those protesters, I know how they feel and it's pretty much a last resort.

How much harm are they really doing by dressing up and standing on buildings? I don't think I'd want to be labelled a twat by people who haven't had the misfortune of having their kids snatched away out of spite simply because I express my anger and outrage in an unconventional way.

They may not be doing a whole load of harm, but what good are they doing? Do you really think that the majority of people look at them and feel sympathy, or look at them and think TWAT? Irrespective of whether people sympathise with their situation or not I reckon it's the latter. I honestly think they do themselves more harm than good pulling these stunts.

Obviously I know *exactly* where you're coming from here and I completely agree with you, but the fact is that 99% of these cases affect FATHERS.

Of course you're right. I just thought the point needed to be made.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Well said. The rights or wrongs of any reasoned, intelligent well-held point of view can NOT be conveyed by the wearing of stupid Superman costumes. Unless...someone was actually planning to BAN the wearing of Superman costumes. Then they'd have a point.

What if it was a dog in a superman costume like this.

p_6989_FS35622PZ-dog-clothing.jpg

Attachments

• p_6989_FS35622PZ-dog-clothing.jpg
    p_6989_FS35622PZ-dog-clothing.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 168

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

What a load of bollocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here