Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fair play to Southampton...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we were doing as badly as they are in the league, I'd be looking for us to drop out of the Cup to concentrate on the league too.

Wise tactics chaps - hope it works out for you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fans obviously thought the same. BIG gaps in the crowd for a game against the Champions of England

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
They played quite well I thought tonight.

I think if they can carry that on, they shouldn't go down.

Quickfire Double

Registered Scummer
Jan 12, 2011
East Sussex
29k attendance. You won't get in the Amex. Ever. Probably not your best line of attack therefore!

Having hit back on minor point, congratulations on a fine win today. Good luck with your ongoing cup run.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
29k attendance. You won't get in the Amex. Ever. Probably not your best line of attack therefore!

Having hit back on minor point, congratulations on a fine win today. Good luck with your ongoing cup run.

Think you'll find The Amex can be expanded to over 30,000

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I think the point is that you failed to sell out your biggest game in years. Anyway, unlucky today I thought your team was the match of united for the first hour.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

12k from Manchester?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Rarely have I celebrated a United goal with such gusto. Good luck still being in the third division next season boys. :)

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

And, you had HUGE gaps in your stadium, which were wosre because the away allocation was larger (15% compared to only 10% AFAIK). Disgrace. Absolute disgrace.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Loved the continental style United chanting. If we can get some of that going at the Amex Gus will have no need to manage Zaragoza.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove

Considering the United fans had a bigger allocation, there must have been a similar number of your fans there as there was against us.

Quickfire Double

Registered Scummer
Jan 12, 2011
East Sussex
I wouldn't have called that a bigger draw than the Pompey game last year. We've played Manure plenty of times before, it's not so much of a novelty for us!!

12k from Manchester?! 4k away fans, and I expect 1/4 of those made the short journey down from Surrey!

Seriously, we surprised me by the game we gave a reasonable United side, especially without Lallana and resting a few besides. This isn't a dig: do you guys think your squad can keep up your very consistent league form thus far, and manage an ongoing cup run?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I wouldn't have called that a bigger draw than the Pompey game last year. We've played Manure plenty of times before, it's not so much of a novelty for us!!

12k from Manchester?! 4k away fans, and I expect 1/4 of those made the short journey down from Surrey!

Seriously, we surprised me by the game we gave a reasonable United side, especially without Lallana and resting a few besides. This isn't a dig: do you guys think your squad can keep up your very consistent league form thus far, and manage an ongoing cup run?

Well we did have our bad patch at the end of last year where we had some bad results (losing to Hartlepool & Huddersfeild away and only drawing with Southampton) we have also recently lost away at Bournemouth so I wouldn't really say we have been "Very consistant". If anything I hope we can get more consistent.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
This isn't a dig: do you guys think your squad can keep up your very consistent league form thus far, and manage an ongoing cup run?

Fair question, truthfully i don't know, You don't know what injuries will crop up and when, and if we have sufficient cover to the relevant positions, but I'm hopeful.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Keep hearing this from Southampton fans but its nearly February now and we are 8 points clear of you and just outplayed a championship side to progress in the cup. I would be a little more concerned with your own clubs form as you have some seriously hard work to do if you want to catch up with us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here