Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fair Play to Karl Marginson

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Completely gracious in defeat, got a good bunch of fans that didn't stop singing all game again. Almost the opposite of their arch-nemesis.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
completely THIS. good luck to him and them

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Beat me to it, top man, been genuine bloke throughout both matches, and I deeply suspect if they had won, he would have been exactly the same...

Good luck to them all!

By the way well played BHA...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A good egg. I like what I have read of him and his various interviews.

On 22 June 2005, he was appointed as the first ever manager of F.C. United of Manchester after one of their players, Joz Mitten, recommended him to the board and led the team to immediate success by achieving promotion in each of their first three seasons. The club currently play in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, the seventh tier of English football.

In the 2010-11 season, Marginson led them into the FA Cup proper for the first time, where they upset Rochdale to reach the second round. Marginson is regularly celebrated by fans of the club at matches, home and away, due to these achievements.[2] For the first five seasons, he led the club on a semi-professional basis but he has now given up a fruit and vegetable delivery business to go full-time for FC United which includes involvement in the club's community work such as coaching youngsters and other groups.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Top bloke. Very gracious and nothing but good things to say. Even admitted he would've been annoyed to have the pen given against him. Good luck to them.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Just seen his interview, totally agree with the comments above. Even went on to say he would have been disappointed if that penalty had been given against them. Maybe one or two Premiership should watch his interview and learn the dignity that he showed. Also sounds like very grand plans for their future. If I heard him correctly he indicated that land had been sought and permission pending they were looking to build their stadium in the centre of Manchester, that should put one or two noses out of joint. Anyway good luck for the future FCUM

For the first five seasons, he led the club on a semi-professional basis but he has now given up a fruit and vegetable delivery business to go full-time for FC United

There was a great piece of film shown before the Withdean game, featuring the banter on the coach between him and his players. A bit of chanting from the seats at the back had him responding: "OK. I'm just a fat fruit and veg man. But remember ... I get to pick who plays".

Top man.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Totally agree with all the comments. On a day when it appears that the slimy wanker that is Pardew has landed a job at the top table, it was a joy to listen to the musings of a good, honest and knowledgeable football man. Said some really nice things about us and has done fantastically with FCUM. Deserves the best.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Obviously no-one who has posted on here sits anywhere near the away dugout at Withdean. Made wanker signs at the crowd when the penalty was given, and then gave the middle finger when it was missed - reacting purely to what was on the pitch, not to any aggravation. He may be used to non-league, but to act like that towards fans (including children) is completely unacceptable - in my opinion he was lucky it was not recognised by any official or I doubt he'd have been anywhere near the pitch tonight.

(By the way he had every right to be angry, as I'm not convinced it was a penalty, but that is miles from the point)

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Obviously no-one who has posted on here sits anywhere near the away dugout at Withdean. Made wanker signs at the crowd when the penalty was given, and then gave the middle finger when it was missed - reacting purely to what was on the pitch, not to any aggravation. He may be used to non-league, but to act like that towards fans (including children) is completely unacceptable - in my opinion he was lucky it was not recognised by any official or I doubt he'd have been anywhere near the pitch tonight.

(By the way he had every right to be angry, as I'm not convinced it was a penalty, but that is miles from the point)

That was the other guy on the bench in the 'do the souly shuffle' top wasn't it? Whats that top all about anyway - that same guy was wearing it again tonight...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Top bloke. Showed what a patronising wanker Steve Cotterill really is :tosser:

Agreed. I thought Cotterill embarassed himself a bit actually by refusing to talk about Brighton at all. However, FCUM deserve the publicity for the first leg alone. The conduct of their manager, players and (the majority of) fans was a fresh change for most Red Manchester clubs.

. Made wanker signs at the crowd when the penalty was given, and then gave the middle finger when it was missed - reacting purely to what was on the pitch, not to any aggravation. He may be used to non-league, but to act like that towards fans (including Children)

get over it FFS take a look at the amount of 'wanker signs' and 'middle finger's' on display from our own support. Yes he's (almost) on the pitch but if you want bad role models just watch MOTD it's full of them, and by the way, children read this site, are you setting a good example using the term 'wanker' anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here