Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fair Play to Karl Marginson

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I know this is heresy and I know their fans sign and sing - but at times last night they semed to be singing for singings sake rather than to support the team. There was points in the play when even if you re signing you break off to simply shout (when an attack develops or when a striker is getting into a shooting position for example). As these things just happened I did wonder if it's about the singing or the supporting. I'm sure they are all lovely - just saying.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
That was the other guy on the bench in the 'do the souly shuffle' top wasn't it? Whats that top all about anyway - that same guy was wearing it again tonight...

Fair enough - wouldn't know, assumed it was their manager.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
get over it FFS take a look at the amount of 'wanker signs' and 'middle finger's' on display from our own support. Yes he's (almost) on the pitch but if you want bad role models just watch MOTD it's full of them, and by the way, children read this site, are you setting a good example using the term 'wanker' anyway?

I think you've missed my point - I don't think theres any kids at a footy match who haven't heard bad language, and yes I do swear on here for example. This guy however was directing these gestures AT the fans in an aggressive manner, including children and families etc - and if I was doing it whilst at work (especially in my job!) I'd expect to find myself in trouble. Anyway, I'm not trying to be all precious about children seeing it, but its not acceptable for players/managers to give abuse to the fans, especially completely unprovoked - never has been and will always get the individual in trouble if noticed. And given this is a thread about them being "gracious" in defeat, I thought it was worth mentioning?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here