Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
maybe we think he’s shit!
Not at all. We're looking after his development and protecting our investment. He needs to play regular football at a high level and we can't offer him that this year - given that we have an abundance of wingers and strong options in that no.10 slot.
its a remarkable sign of how we've progressed as a club. Its like Man City loaning James McAtee to Sheff Utd !

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

we will regret this big time.

At the very least, I would like a call back anytime clause, last season we needed him due to injuries, miles better than Jeremey Sarmiento
We can't have a call back any time clause, end of. Presumably we will have stipulated he can't play against us. If this happens, it's quite impressive that we can now lend players to other PL teams - a few years ago it would have been National League or lower for our loanees.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

At the very least, I would like a call back anytime clause, last season we needed him due to injuries, miles better than Jeremey Sarmiento
Recalls are only allowed in transfer windows, you can’t have an ‘anytime’ clause.

Great move imo, he needs to be playing at a decent level, and the way our squad is coming together he’s not going to get enough minutes for that development

Meanwhile, a few salty tears being shed about it :laugh:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We can't have a call back any time clause, end of. Presumably we will have stipulated he can't play against us. If this happens, it's quite impressive that we can now lend players to other PL teams - a few years ago it would have been National League or lower for our loanees.
EPL rules stipulate he can’t play against us.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, good news. A great development loan for him with no purchase option for them. Shows that we want to retain him. He’ll get regular game time and assume the loan deal will mean that he won’t play against us.
Expect there is also a nice loan fee for us too.

Premier league rules prevent loan players from playing against their parent club.

Can only recall a player during the January transfer window (emergency recall of goalkeepers are the exception).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Me too, my big worry is that lately in the past few years players who seem to go out on loan from us, either don't make it or don't want to come back.
Not sure its changed at all recently. Most players that go out on loan don't , in the end "make it" (if you mean - come back to Brighton / become PL starters) . Thats just the way it is. . We do loan 15+ players a year however and it only takes several a season to be a "success" for this model to work out. We've made a tidy profit out of recently - Undav being the latest and Ostigard being the example of a player who never even played for us. Rushworth and Beadle look like the next in a long line of Championship loan successes like White and Van Hecke. Sarmiento has come back from last year wanting to "fight for his place" and so on. And then of course some loanees go onto big success further into their career and it looks like we've missed out (eg: Gyokeres). But thats been pretty rare.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not sure its changed at all recently. Most players that go out on loan don't , in the end "make it" (if you mean - come back to Brighton / become PL starters) . Thats just the way it is. . We do loan 15+ players a year however and it only takes several a season to be a "success" for this model to work out. We've made a tidy profit out of recently - Undav being the latest and Ostigard being the example of a player who never even played for us. Rushworth and Beadle look like the next in a long line of Championship loan successes like White and Van Hecke. Sarmiento has come back from last year wanting to "fight for his place" and so on. And then of course some loanees go onto big success further into their career and it looks like we've missed out (eg: Gyokeres). But thats been pretty rare.
Yeah I know, probably an over reaction by myself, I just really like him and think he is definitely a player for the future and big one at that.
Just a tad worried we lose him, I wonder how it works mentally for a player, do they think, ah Brighton don't want me, this is my chance to get more game time and a move ultimately to somewhere I will, proving yourself at a team that recently won the Premier League could go pear shaped like our German friend who does not want to come back and claimed the club made no contact with him to see how it was going and reminding him he was our player etc etc....

I over think things, and want to see Facundo flourish here, he reminds me so much of Ali Mac

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah I know, probably an over reaction by myself, I just really like him and think he is definitely a player for the future and big one at that.
Just a tad worried we lose him, I wonder how it works mentally for a player, do they think, ah Brighton don't want me, this is my chance to get more game time and a move ultimately to somewhere I will, proving yourself at a team that recently won the Premier League could go pear shaped like our German friend who does not want to come back and claimed the club made no contact with him to see how it was going and reminding him he was our player etc etc....

I over think things, and want to see Facundo flourish here, he reminds me so much of Ali Mac
He's still only 19. So this is a great chance to see how he progresses. He wouldn't have done that on the bench with us. And There's a lot of factors with Undav and whats happened there that aren't typical or similar to this particular loan.. (Age, Country, RDZ for example)

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
What happened to the 'not loaning players to a direct rival' thing? Surely we haven't become complacent to the point that we don't think a club like Leicester fit that bracket?

Well, you see, the notion is it will be Leicester and us battling for the title. Buonanotte will be their star player, netting and providing goal after goal as they march towards the top of the table. Brighton and Leicester are neck and neck, with the only matches between the two clubs able to seperate them. As Leicester are unable to field Buonanotte in both games they look completely lost and go on to lose heavily. Brighton go on to win the title, another masterstroke from Tony Bloom.

Last edited:

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Sad he's leaving for the season but glad he should get more games than he will with us. Playing is more important for him right now after being in and out the last couple of seasons.

Extremely happy there is no option. Expect the club will assume interest in players we're keeping over the course of the season and will be planning for him in the future to fill one of those places, should someone leave next summer.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Not at all. We're looking after his development and protecting our investment. He needs to play regular football at a high level and we can't offer him that this year - given that we have an abundance of wingers and strong options in that no.10 slot.
its a remarkable sign of how we've progressed as a club. Its like Man City loaning James McAtee to Sheff Utd !
i was joking. that was a joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here