Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I am in the “wish he was here” camp and whilst I wish him well at Leicester I worry he may get itchy feet if Leicester stay up but has to come back here after we had shipped him out. I think he deserved better.
I think there's an argument that he should have stayed and we shouldn't have signed Rutter.
But I disagree.
Rutter is further along the development path whilst still young and is a good signing for us (Pedro's replacement, if he leaves us next season)

Had Facu stayed he would have been competing for minutes with Pedro/Rutter/Enciso.
I think Buonanotte has the highest ceiling, but he won't get there, without the opportunity to play.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I am in the “wish he was here” camp and whilst I wish him well at Leicester I worry he may get itchy feet if Leicester stay up but has to come back here after we had shipped him out. I think he deserved better.

Me too. I worry that as he played a decent amount of times last year he probably would have expected to be able to stay and build on that rather than be loaned out. I hope this doesn’t make him think he’s not in the plans here and look to go somewhere he is.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think there's an argument that he should have stayed and we shouldn't have signed Rutter.
But I disagree.
Rutter is further along the development path whilst still young and is a good signing for us (Pedro's replacement, if he leaves us next season)

Had Facu stayed he would have been competing for minutes with Pedro/Rutter/Enciso.
I think Buonanotte has the highest ceiling, but he won't get there, without the opportunity to play.
Is Rutter any better though? Early days I suppose.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
But I disagree.

Is he further along his development path?

I think it’s a stretch to say we’ve seen anything to suggest this.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
But I disagree.

Facu and Barco out on loan for the sole purpose of getting up and running so they would slot into the first team as regulars next season. It’s not a case of Rutter or Facu, it’s a case of both being ready for first team. The club know what they have with Facu so it’s just game time however Rutter is new and we need at The club to manage his development.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Deserved better? Its not some sort of punishment, he went on loan to a club where he'll play every week. I imagine he is very happy with that.
If Leicester stay up and Buonanotte plays a big part in it, there's reason to fear him that he'll leave. Not for f***ing Leicester though, but a bigger club than Brighton.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Is Rutter any better though? Early days I suppose.
More experienced.
I think that probably matters.

Facu had plenty of games last season where he was pretty ineffective last season.
To reach his potential, he needs to have a big season soon.
I doubt he would get the chance here.

If it works out, he will come back to us next season, as a £60m rated player.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
More experienced.
I think that probably matters.

Facu had plenty of games last season where he was pretty ineffective last season.
To reach his potential, he needs to have a big season soon.
I doubt he would get the chance here.

If it works out, he will come back to us next season, as a £60m rated player.
Most of our players had games last season when they were ineffective, particularly in the second half of the season, and especially those who played most of their games out of position. And is he more experienced in the Premier League? Let alone being more experienced in this league, alongside this set of players at this club?

Personally I’ve seen nothing from Ruttner yet to suggest he has even close to Facu’s potential, let alone current ability.

Although I obviously hope to be proven wrong as he’s the one with us now and, still surprisingly, our record signing.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

You understand what a development path is right?
He's older, more experienced and has played more games, scored more goals and has a lot more assists.

The fact you have decided he isn't as good as Buonanotte, is your call, but doesn't change where the players are in their careers at this point.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Most of our players had games last season when they were ineffective, particularly in the second half of the season, and especially those who played most of their games out of position. And is he more experienced in the Premier League? Let alone being more experienced in this league, alongside this set of players at this club?

Personally I’ve seen nothing from Ruttner yet to suggest he has even close to Facu’s potential, let alone current ability.

Although I obviously hope to be proven wrong as he’s the one with us now and, still surprisingly, our record signing.
Yeah I agree - I don't think Rutter has the same potential as Buonanotte.
Which player is going to be most hampered by not getting the minutes they need this season?

Would you start Buonanotte over Pedro to make sure he reaches his potential?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
You understand what a development path is right?
He's older, more experienced and has played more games, scored more goals and has a lot more assists.

The fact you have decided he isn't as good as Buonanotte, is your call, but doesn't change where the players are in their careers at this point.
Don’t be a patronising t**t.

Most development paths happen before a player reaches the first team, not after. You understand that, right?

Which begs the question of where they really are in their careers? One has played most of his in the Championship where he’s consistently failed to score any quantity of goals, despite apparently being the leading attacker for the most affluent team, whereas the other has spent most of his in the Premier League, including this apparent development stage that you believe he needs, a development stage which could lead to us losing him if he feels unwanted.

Also, you mock me for believing one is better than the other, but you’ve done exactly the same thing, just with the reverse opinion.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Yeah I agree - I don't think Rutter has the same potential as Buonanotte.
Which player is going to be most hampered by not getting the minutes they need this season?

Would you start Buonanotte over Pedro to make sure he reaches his potential?
I’d be starting Facu and Pedro if we’re going to play the system our new manager seems desperate to play with two really high 8s/10s. Not that I particularly like this system, based on what I’ve seen so far. Even if we moved back to a system with two sitters, there would be minutes for him as back up to Pedro. And either way, I don’t see what we’ve really gained from signing Ruttner.

And I guess all players are hampered by a lack of minutes. And that’s the issue - we’ve put ourselves in a corner with Facu by purchasing so many players for his position, a number of whom look like less capable players than he is, but whom the new manager has clearly deemed ahead of him.

Also, where would he see the opportunities for next season, or the season after even? Are the opportunities going to come assuming we end up selling Pedro?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Whilst we’ve seen nothing of great note from Rutter, I think his physicality gives him the edge over Buonanotte currently. He is surely bigger, stronger, faster and much more of a unit. He also works astonishingly hard and I’d not be surprised if he covers the most ground in a match.

I’m not sure I agree with you about Rutter’s potential or ability in comparison to Facundo though. I admit that we’ve ’seen nothing yet’. But this performance for one of the global giants of football against Valencia is every bit as good as what Facundo did yesterday.

I think Rutter has a big window of development but it’s certainly valid to question can he do it in the Premier League rather than the easier Championship or Bundesliga.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Don’t be a patronising t**t.

Most development paths happen before a player reaches the first team, not after. You understand that, right?

Which begs the question of where they really are in their careers? One has played most of his in the Championship where he’s consistently failed to score any quantity of goals, despite apparently being the leading attacker for the most affluent team, whereas the other has spent most of his in the Premier League, including this apparent development stage that you believe he needs, a development stage which could lead to us losing him if he feels unwanted.

Also, you mock me for believing one is better than the other, but you’ve done exactly the same thing, just with the reverse opinion.
Nope you have decided to completely miss my point.

I'm not mocking you.
Just picking up on some gaps in your assessment of a 22 year old player.

Enjoy your day.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

I think we wanted both players due to their gigantic potential but if we want to develop both, we had to loan one out. And we're not allowed to loan a new signing to another PL club... so if we wanted both to play PL level, this was the solution. Don't think it had too much to do with difference in quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here