Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Barely - the extent of his involvement amounts to about 35 minutes in a meaningless friendly in a neutral country against ... El Salvador (currently ranked about 80th in the world).
Yes ‘barely’ but to get on the bench for a national team in a Country the size of Argentina, even for the U‘s at such a young age is an achievement. That and the fact we placed him in a top flight European club like 7 times Champions, LaLiga Sevilla FC, was the point I was making. That puts him above League 1 level even if it is proving to be that the Spanish Club might be too big for him. I’m astounded anyone thinks his doesn’t deserve better than playing for teams like Stockport County or Birmingham City. Any this is Facu’s thread so I won’t derail it any longer with off topic comments about Barco. I would love to see both of them back and continuing to develop their careers with us after their loan period, whenever that might be.

tAge at debut
Argentina
ArgentinaMar 23, 20241-Lionel Scaloni19 years 08 months 00 days
Argentina
Argentina U23Dec 15, 202371Javier Mascherano19 years 04 months 22 days
Argentina
Argentina U20May 10, 20228-Javier Mascherano17 years 09 months 17 days
-
Argentina
Argentina U15Nov 26, 20196315 years 04 months 03 days

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes ‘barely’ but to get on the bench for a national team in a Country the size of Argentina, even for the U‘s at such a young age is an achievement. That and the fact we placed him in a top flight European club like 7 times Champions, LaLiga Sevilla FC, was the point I was making. That puts him above League 1 level even if it is proving to be that the Spanish Club might be too big for him. I’m astounded anyone thinks his doesn’t deserve better than playing for teams like Stockport County or Birmingham City. Any this is Facu’s thread so I won’t derail it any longer with off topic comments about Barco. I would love to see both of them back and continuing to develop their careers with us after their loan period, whenever that might be.

tAge at debut
Argentina
ArgentinaMar 23, 20241-Lionel Scaloni19 years 08 months 00 days
Argentina
Argentina U23Dec 15, 202371Javier Mascherano19 years 04 months 22 days
Argentina
Argentina U20May 10, 20228-Javier Mascherano17 years 09 months 17 days
-
Argentina
Argentina U15Nov 26, 20196315 years 04 months 03 days
AZ Gull's comment is valid though - sometimes we are guilty of over-rating the level in which to place our loanees - assuming Barco's level would be the PL and nothing less would likely be a case in point.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
AZ Gull's comment is valid though - sometimes we are guilty of over-rating the level in which to place our loanees - assuming Barco's level would be the PL and nothing less would likely be a case in point.
I didn’t say it wasn’t valid. but the points I am making are also valid.

Let’s be honest you tend to undervalue our young protégés at times while I tend to overvalue them at times.

I suspect the truth is somewhere in between.:wink:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I didn’t say it wasn’t valid. but the points I am making are also valid.

Let’s be honest you tend to undervalue our young protégés at times while I tend to overvalue them at times.

I suspect the truth is somewhere in between.:wink:
Not really - if we didn't sometimes over-rate our loanees we wouldn't have as many unsuccessful loans as we had, say, last season. Half a season shining brightly in the EFL wouldn't do Barco any harm at all.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not really - if we didn't sometimes over-rate our loanees we wouldn't have as many unsuccessful loans as we had, say, last season. Half a season shining brightly in the EFL wouldn't do Barco any harm at all.
Lol even when I admit I may over value our youngsters sometimes you still find a way to disagree with me 😂

Lol even when I admit I may over value our youngsters sometimes you still find a way to disagree with me 😂
did we over value Gilmour then? or was it like new manager joins without seeing our players, decides we wants owner to open his purse if he joins and promptly signs four other midfield players meaning we were top heavy and despite Gillie getting more man of the match awards than any other midfield player hes allowed to go out on loan rather than being a decent one to have on the bench?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here