Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facts From Today

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I Cannot Believe Some Of What I Read On Here

Wilkins Works Wonders With What He Has Been Given - We Lost Today - Not Ideal - We Played 9 Matches Last Month - Has Anyone Thought That The Players Could Be Knackered?

Would Everyone Be Saying Sack Wilkins Etc If We Had Won - No

We Lost Today The First Time In The League Since 8.12.07 - Does That Not Count For Something With Some Brighton Fans

I Think Also People Need To Take A Step Back And Think About All The Comings And Goings In Dec/jan - Dick Had Said At The Beginning Of January That He Would Strenghthen That Squad - He Unfortuntely Didn't We Lost 5 ( Savage. Revell, Elder O'callghan And Hammond ) And Gained 4( Dixon, Murray, Thomson And Mcfaul ). We Have Had The Additions Of Racon Bowditch And Westlake But These I Feel We Would Have Been Better If They Had Arrived Earlier - Still They Have Done A Good Job Along With The Likes Of Martot And Richards For Most Of The Season - We Have Also Lost A Very Good Player Through Injury In El-abd - Another One Who Gives 110% And At Times On Here Gets Slated -also Hinsh Another Player We Could Have Done With In The Team

Now Considering All Of This And Looking At Last Years Table We Finished With 53 Points - We Still Have 5 Games To Play And We Have 60 Points - We Are Only 4 Points Out Of The Playoffs - Even If We Don't Make The Play-offs I Think That Dean Management And Players Deserve A Pat On The Back For What They Have Acheived Since Last Season

Oh And We Did Get The Yes On The Stadium That Saga Still Carrys On Whilst They Play And ManAge The Team !!

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
It wasn't the fact we lost, it was the way we meekly surrendered to the worst team in the division. It was the pathetic performance that makes it all the worse, not just the disgraceful result. It was the way we went onto that pitch expecting to win without putting the work in. We're not good enough to do that by a long way, and to throw our entire season away in one afternoon is frustrating to say the least. If preparing a team so utterly badly is your idea of Wilkins "working wonders," then you'd be having his babies if we were any good.

THE WORKING WONDERS BIT WAS WITH EVERTHING THAT HAS GONE ON SINCE CHRISTMAS - INJURYS - PLAYERS GOING COURTESY OF LORD DICK KNIGHT AND NOT BEING REPLACED PROPERLY

YES WE WERE CRAP TODAY - I DON'T THINK I HAVE HEARD ONE PERSON SAY ANY DIFFERENT BUT PEOPLE SLATING THEM AND BOOING THEM DOSEN'T HELP

tiger_hall

Dec 23, 2007
today against Vale i think that the performance was unacceptable... Brightons problems are due to the Midfield not dominating enough... the defence are under pressure all the time and there is no link between defence and attack that is why we always hoof it up to our forwards and never pass the ball around

tiger_hall

Dec 23, 2007
rage.jpg

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
how about our performance was made to look so bad because they were so good?

that is one of the best away performances at Withdean all season, es we were poor, but they were equally as good as we were bad.

I dont think they only looked so good because we were so bad, I was genuinely impressed by their work ethic and style of play

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If preparing a team so utterly badly is your idea of Wilkins "working wonders," then you'd be having his babies if we were any good.

To be honest your posting a load of bollox really, Wilkins would'nt have prepared the team any different today than for any other match. I dont know if you've ever managed a team but if you have you'll know that you get games like today and as a manager there's f*** all you or anyone else can do to turn it around. If we'd played the whole season like that then you'd be justified in what your posting but from what I hear that was just a one off bad game.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I disagree. I think it does help. They need to know when we're not happy, and they need to know they're not good enough. If people just politely applauded performances like today, it'd do a lot more harm than good.

Well I for one didn't politely applaud, I left at the END of the game ( not straight after their 3rd like some ) shaking my head with my hands in my pockets. I shouted things like " be first ", " sort it out " etc etc. and spat my dummy out a few times too. But I never once booed or called any one individual "useless", "F ing twat" etc. etc.

There are ways to let your team know you're not happy without totally destroying their confidence IMHO.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
today against Vale i think that the performance was unacceptable...

Spot on, even Wilkins said that in as many words.

To be fair to the fans, the performance was unacceptable before the moaning and jeering.

The fans gave the team a chance, and they still didn't raise their game!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
how about our performance was made to look so bad because they were so good?

that is one of the best away performances at Withdean all season, es we were poor, but they were equally as good as we were bad.

I dont think they only looked so good because we were so bad, I was genuinely impressed by their work ethic and style of play

Mendoza there is no escaping the fact the midfield were non-existant and the defence were weak and static.

Port Vale did play well. But we had the opportunity to stop them from rustling the net on all three occasions

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't mean his preperation was different, what it seemed to me like was that we had an attitude of, 'we've got a decent home record, and this is only shitty little Port Vale, we'll roll them over by a couple of goals without even trying.' Then, we went on the pitch, and found out they were a tougher proposition than we imagined. As manager, he must take the responsibility for that mindset, and the way we just totally weren't at the races.

"Seemed to me" is probably the most pertinent phrase above.

tiger_hall

Dec 23, 2007
well people might go on about the moaning and jeering but it was on and off periods.. when Brighton actually did anything to motivate the crowd they got right behind them and cheered for them but when they were sloppy or just piss poor obviously the crowd got frustrated..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I disagree. I think it does help. They need to know when we're not happy, and they need to know they're not good enough. If people just politely applauded performances like today, it'd do a lot more harm than good.

I trust that if someone tells you that you're a useless f***ing wanker and should go back to where you came from a couple of months after starting work you'll think to yourself

'perhaps they have a point, I am lazy and talentless. And despite the person telling me this having no skills to do my job, they clearly know far more about my chosen profession than I do, and I agree with every word they say. I now feel motivated to improve my performance and am looking forward to my next opportunity to do so'

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well, yes, it's all about opinions. I wasn't actually IN the changing room before the game!

I think you could do yourself a favour by perhaps not turning your posts into nasty personal attacks on individuals.

It really doesn't do you any favours.

Luckily I was too ill to be at the game today, but I know how you feel. I felt like personally ringing up every player after the 5-0 defeat at Palace and telling them to f*ck off to another club.

BUT - having had the opportunity to talk to a few players and management from the club about bad performances I can assure you that after a performance like that they go home absolutely broken.

Unlike you and I, they have only 90 mins to show the work us (and themselves) the work they have put in all week.

They will be gutted, absolutely gutted and it's their own fault.

I remember Paul Reid saying that he took him a whole summer to get over the Stoke game.

But you know what else Paul Reid said ? Because the crowds support of the team at the Palace away game we won, he put that down as his best Albion moment. Putting it above the play off final.

So drop the personal attacks.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
There are ways to let your team know you're not happy without totally destroying their confidence IMHO.

Exactly,and those ways are for the Chairman to sack the manager when improvement isn't apparent over a decent period of time.Sad and dumb to boo your own team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here