Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facebook have your say against MK Dons!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Get a life. It happened so get over it. I believe rules have been changed so it will not happen again. If they hadn't moved, do you think Wimbledon FC would still be in existence? They had crap attendences in a ground where they were tenents and, more importantly, unlike Albion, their local council, Merton, were not bending over backwards to get them back in the borough.

Even AFC Wimbledon don't play in the borough of Merton!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Shall I be shot because I think they're a good footballing side, and could be in the Premier League within three years. They've got a good upcoming manager in Roberto di Matteo and a couple of quality players.

Dandyman

In London village.
Shall I be shot because I think they're a good footballing side, and could be in the Premier League within three years. They've got a good upcoming manager in Roberto di Matteo and a couple of quality players.

Depends if you also think Bill Archer was an asute businessman who acted in accordance with market principles and David Bellotti is a up and coming politician full of integrity.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Depends if you also think Bill Archer was an asute businessman who acted in accordance with market principles and David Bellotti is a up and coming politician full of integrity.

They're both CUNTS :thumbsup:

Dandyman

In London village.
They're both CUNTS :thumbsup:

Which is the correct answer. Which then suggests either your previous answer is:

a) a wind-up
b) moronic
c) hypocritical.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Which is the correct answer. Which then suggests either your previous answer is:

a) a wind-up
b) moronic
c) hypocritical.

Gotta disagree with you here, Mr S, as Taylor isn't far off.

I think everyone KNOWS that Franchise FC are wrong, but there is little that can be done about it now, sadly.

At the moment, they (frustratingly) appear to be going places, backed by a bit of cash and some good marketing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

a) a wind-up
b) moronic
c) hypocritical.

Pathetic to even compare the two. Archer and Bellotti were out to wind the club up and run off with the residue from the sale. Wimbledon would have gone out of existence if they had carried on as tenents or at the very best, would have slid down the leagues.

Get over it.

Dandyman

In London village.
Pathetic to even compare the two. Archer and Bellotti were out to wind the club up and run off with the residue from the sale. Wimbledon would have gone out of existence if they had carried on as tenents or at the very best, would have slid down the leagues.

Get over it.

Bollocks - MK Franchise have robbed another club of a place in the league(s). AFC have shown that a properly run club can rise through the pyramid relatively quickly while retaining a clear identity and fan base.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bollocks - MK Franchise have robbed another club of a place in the league(s). AFC have shown that a properly run club can rise through the pyramid relatively quickly while retaining a clear identity and fan base.

Why call them AFC? Aren't they AFC Wimbledon or should that be AFC Kingston!!!!

Dandyman

In London village.
Why call them AFC? Aren't they AFC Wimbledon or should that be AFC Kingston!!!!

Congratulations - blown my case right out of the water.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wimbledon would have gone out of existence if they had carried on as tenents or at the very best, would have slid down the leagues.

Get over it.

You're probably right. But don't you think what MK Dons did sets a dangerous precedent ? They took over an ailing Football League club, relocated 90-odd miles away, rebranded and renamed themselves, and jumped straight into the Football League operating as a brand new football club. No promotions, no working their way through the pyramid, no actual tangible links with Wimbledon. They just stole Wimbledons idenitity so that Milton Keynes could kick off straight away in the Football League, bypassing all the "hassle" of actually forming a club and working their way up (as everyone else tries to do).

"Get over it" is a bit glib. Places in the Football League should not be up for purchase at the expense of an existing club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If MK Dons ever get to the Prem it will be interesting to see just how much they uncover or hide their Wimbledon origins.

If they are genuinely intent on keeping the Wimbledon identity alive then think how significant the return to the Premiership for the club would be.

On the other hand the board may choose to play down the memory of past glories, partly because of guilt and partly because reminding people the club used to be Wimbledon is inconsistent with building a fanbase in Milton Keynes.

Personally, I think they are model to which the Albion could aspire and I really wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Prem within 5 years.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Get a life. It happened so get over it. I believe rules have been changed so it will not happen again. If they hadn't moved, do you think Wimbledon FC would still be in existence? They had crap attendences in a ground where they were tenents and, more importantly, unlike Albion, their local council, Merton, were not bending over backwards to get them back in the borough.

Even AFC Wimbledon don't play in the borough of Merton!

exactly

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
You're probably right. But don't you think what MK Dons did sets a dangerous precedent ? They took over an ailing Football League club, relocated 90-odd miles away, rebranded and renamed themselves, and jumped straight into the Football League operating as a brand new football club. No promotions, no working their way through the pyramid, no actual tangible links with Wimbledon. They just stole Wimbledons idenitity so that Milton Keynes could kick off straight away in the Football League, bypassing all the "hassle" of actually forming a club and working their way up (as everyone else tries to do).

"Get over it" is a bit glib. Places in the Football League should not be up for purchase at the expense of an existing club.

Agree totally, Easy. I've boycotted Albion v MK Dons games in the past, but am setting that aside next week, as our lads need all the support they can get. Yes, MK Dons are a great, soon-to-be successful side, but there's a bitter taste in my mouth, and I'd like to get rid of that, constructively, by cheering on the Albion to victory :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agree totally, Easy. I've boycotted Albion v MK Dons games in the past, but am setting that aside next week, as our lads need all the support they can get. Yes, MK Dons are a great, soon-to-be successful side, but there's a bitter taste in my mouth, and I'd like to get rid of that, constructively, by cheering on the Albion to victory :clap2:

I will certainly be boycotting the MK Dons v Albion match - but thats mainly because we are shit and are going to get battered.

:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here