Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fabregas in Barca shirt...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One has to ask, why would he want to stay at Arsenal when Barca calls and Spain are champions of the World and Europe and have the league with the World's best PERFORMING players?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One has to ask, why would he want to stay at Arsenal when Barca calls and Spain are champions of the World and Europe and have the league with the World's best PERFORMING players?

Whether he WANTS to or not should be irrelevant, if Barca cannot meet Arsenal's valuation. He shouldn't have signed a 5-6 year contract, worth millions, if he wasn't sure he wanted to stay.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Looks like what someone said on another thread was spot on....Pepe Reina,who contributed nothing to Spain winning the WC is seen in most vids/pics i have seen acting like a bafoon/mouthing off/dancing/screaming, usually at the front of the team like it was him that saved a penalty in te last minute...:shootself.

I think Fabregas will stay at Arsenal

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Whether he WANTS to or not should be irrelevant, if Barca cannot meet Arsenal's valuation. He shouldn't have signed a 5-6 year contract, worth millions, if he wasn't sure he wanted to stay.

Absolutley spot on, in my mind. The Barca chairperson has been very open about the fact that he has spoken to Fabregas whilst in South Africa and Arsenal have been adament that their valuation of Fabregas has not been met. I sense that Arsenal would have a good case to take up with FIFA regarding thier player being tapped up.

I hope he goes, but I don't think Barca should get him on the cheap.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Perhaps he actually wants a game of football ?.....

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Maybe not, but if he wants out, he'll get his transfer. Naive to think otherwise

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton

He has a better chance of actually receiving his wages at Arsenal

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps he actually wants a game of football ?.....

Perhaps he has the confidence in his own ability that he'll force his way into the team. Spain improved in every game I saw him come on as a sub.

Playing for Arsenal and their lack of strength in depth must also be hard for a player who is a winner?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Looks like what someone said on another thread was spot on....Pepe Reina,who contributed nothing to Spain winning the WC is seen in most vids/pics i have seen acting like a bafoon/mouthing off/dancing/screaming, usually at the front of the team like it was him that saved a penalty in te last minute...:shootself.

I think Fabregas will stay at Arsenal

and if he wasnt a Liverpool player certain people wouldnt care less

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fabregas-dedicates-win-to-all-at-arsenal-and-hints-his-heart-lies-elsewhere-2025126.html

Fabregas dedicates win to 'all at Arsenal' and hints his heart lies elsewhere

By Sam Wallace in Johannesburg

Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Cesc Fabregas stumbled over his words when he dedicated Spain's World Cup victory to Arsenal's fans, players and staff, referring to himself as an Arsenal player in the past tense – "I am really proud to have been an Arsenal player" – before correcting himself later.

Now that the World Cup finals are over, Fabregas's advisers will try to negotiate their client's wish to return to Barcelona, the club he left in 2003 as a 16-year-old to play first-team football at Arsenal. Fabregas is expected to be told that he will not be allowed to move this summer under any circumstances.

Like Fernando Torres at Liverpool, Fabregas is signed to a long-term contract – until 2015 – and Arsenal are under no pressure to cash in on his value. At the age of 23 he will remain a valuable asset for some years to come and the club do not believe that parting with him now, especially with Barcelona's valuation around £30m, makes any sense.

On Sunday night, Fabregas, who came on in the 87th minute of the final, said: "I am an Arsenal player and I am really proud to be able to give this trophy to all the fans. I had a text from Arsène Wenger. He said: 'Congratulations, you deserve it.' I replied, 'Thank you very much,' and said this is for all the Arsenal club, manager and players who have helped me be where I am today."

It is only Fabregas's second winners' medal after the FA Cup in 2005. However, he said his first thoughts at the final whistle had been for his Arsenal team-mate Robin van Persie, who had been given the thankless task of playing alone in attack for a Netherlands who tried to hustle and kick the Spanish out of their stride.

Fabregas said: "I thought about going to my family but the first thing I did was go to Robin. I had to go to Robin instead of celebrating with my friends. It is really hard for him. He has been injured for a long time. Of course, if it wasn't us that he was playing against I would be on his side.

"Even though I was really happy, I was sad for him because he deserves it as well. He just said 'Congratulations' and told me to enjoy the moment. And I really hope he has his chance again and that he wins it. He is a great guy, a great leader. He has been really unlucky with injuries."

Having not started a World Cup match for Spain – he came on in four games – Fabregas admitted that the tournament had been "difficult" at times for him. "The only thing I regret in the whole of the tournament is that I should have passed to David Villa [when he went through on goal after in extra time]," he said. "But it didn't matter in the end. He forgave me because we won. So that's OK. It has been hard but, believe me, now it doesn't matter at all because it is one of best moments of my life."

The former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso said that the current Spain team could go on to retain both their European and world titles. He said: "Right now is not the time to think about the future, but of course the basics are there with this team. The style is there, the mentality is there, the team spirit is there, so if we keep working in this way many more big things may come.

"It is difficult to describe in words. It is such an amazing feeling to have this trophy. To win this after the European Championship is brilliant and we are making history."

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what really makes me laugh is the way that all these people "admire" barca for the way they conduct themselves on and off on the pitch compared with real madrid and hail them as a model club

the fact is that their constant attempts to tap up fabregas are just as bad as madrids courtship of ronaldo, signing fabregas along with villa will show that they spend just as much money, and at least players at the bernabeu don't require a loan to ensure their wages are paid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here