Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fabregas in Barca shirt...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
what really makes me laugh is the way that all these people "admire" barca for the way they conduct themselves on and off on the pitch compared with real madrid and hail them as a model club

the fact is that their constant attempts to tap up fabregas are just as bad as madrids courtship of ronaldo, signing fabregas along with villa will show that they spend just as much money, and at least players at the bernabeu don't require a loan to ensure their wages are paid
I agree with the fact that Barca are just as bad as Real. They are incredibly pretentious, IMO.

But as regards money, it's worth pointing out that the state bought Real Madrid's training ground for ten times its market value about ten years ago. If they hadn't done that, RM would have ended up going to the wall. They are as bad as each other.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
what really makes me laugh is the way that all these people "admire" barca for the way they conduct themselves on and off on the pitch compared with real madrid and hail them as a model club

the fact is that their constant attempts to tap up fabregas are just as bad as madrids courtship of ronaldo, signing fabregas along with villa will show that they spend just as much money, and at least players at the bernabeu don't require a loan to ensure their wages are paid

Portsmouth of Spain.

I am sure we wont here UEFA have a pop at them or La Liga.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Looks like what someone said on another thread was spot on....Pepe Reina,who contributed nothing to Spain winning the WC is seen in most vids/pics i have seen acting like a bafoon/mouthing off/dancing/screaming, usually at the front of the team like it was him that saved a penalty in te last minute...:shootself.

I think Fabregas will stay at Arsenal

Pepe is a legend in the dressing room apparently, always the joker and one that presents the team with the microphone at events. He did the same at Euro 2008. He's like Gazza with a brain and probably the best keeper in the Premiership too. Unbelievable that Spain have two of the best in the world. He's great I think.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Tis' funny though

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting that Fabregas is so keen.

He can't get in the Spain team because Xavi and Iniesta are nailed on for the central midfield spots, so he wants to join Barcelona. Where Xavi and Iniesta are nailed on :dunce:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting that Fabregas is so keen.

He can't get in the Spain team because Xavi and Iniesta are nailed on for the central midfield spots, so he wants to join Barcelona. Where Xavi and Iniesta are nailed on :dunce:

AND Sergio Busquets...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reina really is a shameless hogger of the limelight.

Contributed absolutely bugger all to their campaign (he didn't even get a dead rubber group game this time around) yet is up there at the front, medal round his neck, leading the singing.

What if England won :)lolol:) and Stephen Warnock designated himself head cheerleader having not played a game?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Barca have no Alonso (where Spain do) and have just flogged Yaya Toure so have a space in midfield.

What player would not want to test themself at the best club side in the world?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Barca have no Alonso (where Spain do) and have just flogged Yaya Toure so have a space in midfield.

Inter?

Or whoever is the Copa America champions currently?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Toure was no-where near the first team towrds the end of last season. Fabregas would be competing with Busquets for a spot. As he is with Spain.

Unless you think they'll play all four and leave out Messi...

Remember that they also have to accomodate VILLA this year, too.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I guess you could argue that were Fabregas playing week-in, week-out alongside Xavi and Iniesta he may get the nod over Busquets in the national side.

Del Bosque might pick him because of the understanding, which, should Febregas oust him from the Barca team, would no longer be the case.

I just think someone like Fabregas should not be blamed for wanting to play for a better team, even if it means more competition for places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here