Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The top teams in the Bundesliga are comparative with the top teams in the PL, that has been born out in europe this season. Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkeusen would all be quite near the top in the PL imho.

The PL just has a lot more depth of good teams right the way down the league, at least 15-16 are all going to be competitve and only a couple each year will be truly shit and cant really compete.

The Bundesliga doesnt have as many decent competitive teams as the PL
How do you judge whether the EPL mid table teams are more competitive than their Bundesliga counterparts though? What are you basing it on?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
How do you judge whether the EPL mid table teams are more competitive than their Bundesliga counterparts though? What are you basing it on?
Interesting question. I have the same opinion as the person you're replying to, but I'm not really sure why. I guess the goal hauls of Kane and Undav this season is part of why I feel that way though, now that you've prompted me to give it some actual thought. But I'm not sure if I'm being fair there.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Interesting question. I have the same opinion as the person you're replying to, but I'm not really sure why. I guess the goal hauls of Kane and Undav this season is part of why I feel that way though, now that you've prompted me to give it some actual thought. But I'm not sure if I'm being fair there.
I’ll chip in as someone who watches a lot of the Bundesliga.

To start with I will say I love the Bundesliga, it’s a great league and the football is fabulously entertaining. However, the overall standard is below the PL and particularly when it comes to organisation and defending. They embrace the chaos over there more than we do in the PL.

It’s one of the reasons why I’ve been saying I’m not bothered if we sell Undav and if we can get over £20m as reported, I’m very happy. Simply, it’s a lot easier to score goals in the Bundesliga than it is in the PL.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I looked at the mid table and drew a parallel with Brighton and Freiburg. Both were in the Europa League and both made the knockout stage and got thumped and both finished halfway in their respective domestic leagues. Brighton edged it ever so slightly due to finishing top of their Europa group but there’s a case to say we’re more or less equals.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’ll chip in as someone who watches a lot of the Bundesliga.

To start with I will say I love the Bundesliga, it’s a great league and the football is fabulously entertaining. However, the overall standard is below the PL and particularly when it comes to organisation and defending. They embrace the chaos over there more than we do in the PL.

It’s one of the reasons why I’ve been saying I’m not bothered if we sell Undav and if we can get over £20m as reported, I’m very happy. Simply, it’s a lot easier to score goals in the Bundesliga than it is in the PL.
We know he can score PL goals his numbers per minutes played in PL are very decent.
Would score more goals than Welbeck over a season that’s for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here