Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Christ on a bike - not everyone follows the thread all the time and will just popping in for updates on our new manager which are now buried under a lot of crap 😎

One St Pauli fan unhappy tonight

nothing new from TalkSPORT but nice piece a few hours ago

and blah blah blah from him - unmute it if yiu want to listen, it’s optional :lol:

Last edited:

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Christ on a bike - not everyone follows the thread all the time and will just popping in for updates on our new manager which are now buried under a lot of crap ☹️

One St Pauli fan unhappy tonight

I 100% have sympathy with how that fan’s feeling, I’d feel the same. The brutal reality is that every manager is only a bad start to the season away from being replaced, and we’re perceived as having a higher profile.

I’d say that we don’t have a massively higher profile than St Pauli, but being part of the Premier League we have Premier League money, plus a squad built around playing something very close to Hürzball.

I can see why he’s jumped, but I also completely understand the frustration of St Pauli fans at him going without at least trying to keep them in the Bundesliga.

If he comes in to us and does well, we’ll have City sniffing about when they need to replace Pep. Individuals just get swallowed whole and passed up the food chain. I’d say it’s a bloody tough time to be a St Pauli fan, the euphoria of winning then immediately losing your manager is tough. You’re coming down from a REALLY high high.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Is it OK for me to write that I hope Pep steps down next summer and Hürzeler is going to be his successor? Means you would have had a fantastic PL season by then.

It's fine for you to write.
Though expressing reasonable opinions in clear English does make you stand out a little.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I’m a lot more nervous about this appointment than most on here. 31 years old with no top level experience. Granted his style of football appears to suit us but can he bring that style of football to the top level? No doubt this is a big risk! I don’t think it will be mediocre, it will either be a huge success or a complete disaster
trust in Bloom

neutron

Sep 5, 2023
I 100% have sympathy with how that fan’s feeling, I’d feel the same. The brutal reality is that every manager is only a bad start to the season away from being replaced, and we’re perceived as having a higher profile.

I’d say that we don’t have a massively higher profile than St Pauli, but being part of the Premier League we have Premier League money, plus a squad built around playing something very close to Hürzball.

I can see why he’s jumped, but I also completely understand the frustration of St Pauli fans at him going without at least trying to keep them in the Bundesliga.

If he comes in to us and does well, we’ll have City sniffing about when they need to replace Pep. Individuals just get swallowed whole and passed up the food chain. I’d say it’s a bloody tough time to be a St Pauli fan, the euphoria of winning then immediately losing your manager is tough. You’re coming down from a REALLY high high.

Basically it must be how everyone here felt when they heard Potter was leaving and taking half the club with him. But worse.

At least it's happening during the off season.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
By the time he actually signs the announcement will be the biggest damp squib going.

Ah well, it’s sorted. Now get on with the job in hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here