Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Grob and Gross both raise 1 arm but I noticed Barco goes totally off script and raises both arms. This just confuses things for me and must surely be nipped in the bud. Our "set piece coach" must pull his hair out.
Let’s just consider ourselves lucky that a German raising his right arm in a packed arena of adoring fans only results in a poor kick of a football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Grob and Gross both raise 1 arm but I noticed Barco goes totally off script and raises both arms. This just confuses things for me and must surely be nipped in the bud. Our "set piece coach" must pull his hair out.
We have a set piece coach?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
"Apologies in advance"?
He’d be better off just shutting his eyes and absolutely smashing it in the rough direction of the goal… actually, that’s probably what he does already tbf.

Yep, a column in in the match day programme… “captains corner*…” … apologies, ahead of the game, to all today for the standard of my free kicks… etc. and so on…

(*Christ, based on his FK record, we better hope not)

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Give it a month after the euros and suspect we will have a fans forum where Peter from Eastbourne can really get into the new guys tactics

IN

I’m starting early 🙂

Lots of speculation going on in various threads (I’ve lost track of the various conversations so will stay with this one for now because it relates to some of the earlier tactical discussions and links here) about who will be left out of FH’s new 3,4,3 set up. I would suggest no one providing they are fit and have earnt themselves a place.

Trying to guess what the squad will look like under FH ignores the fact that FH used a similar approach at St Pauli to build his squad to how Nagelsmann uses his now - rather than setting up players in rigid roles (lets not get fixated on the 3, 4, 3 that changes shape through his games) , he finds roles that best suit the individual players he has - Although FH is inspired by De Zerbi it is not De Zerbi-ball - (ie a rigid positional system where player positions to the 3rd man determined where the ball was going in possession )

I think we will start needing to think outside the box to understand our squad next season and so will the players.

Ignoring the actual system Nagelmann now plays - the way he uses his team is the point - and it’s significant for us I think because it’s an approach that works well for a development team that doesn’t have the depth to sustain the loss of key players (through injury or transfer) or cope with the additional crowded schedule of European competition. De Zerbi-ball is one of the reasons why RDZ gave us beautiful football but why he, as a manager, couldn’t adapt (the way FH has done at St Pauli) to losing our MF and became frustrated or impatient that he had lost key players to long term injury.

“Nagelsmann stopped building his team “from the outside in”, that is, imposing a system and fitting the players into that system, and started building it “from the inside out”, that is, taking into account the players’ natural roles and abilities to build a system around that. Nagelsmann embraced relationism and built a rich, complex role-driven attack.”

https://medium.com/@clarissabarcala/julian-nagelsmann-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-20a425016fe9#:~:text=Nagelsmann's%20structure%20allowed%20Bayern%20to,and%20pin%20Mainz'%20wide%20defenders.

I’m very much looking forward to seeing what happens in Japan.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Ooo this is interesting from st Pauli message board. Assistant coach will be German from another team.....

Hürzeler agrees with Brighton: contract for three years
According to information from Abendblatt, Hürzeler is to sign a contract in the southern English coastal town until 2027. He has already decided on an assistant coach from Germany with no connection to St. Pauli, who can leave his club via an exit clause."

Not yet certain about Nemeth and Knoop. They are optimistic in this regard.

Emre Can - player coach 👍

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Ooo this is interesting from st Pauli message board. Assistant coach will be German from another team.....

Hürzeler agrees with Brighton: contract for three years
According to information from Abendblatt, Hürzeler is to sign a contract in the southern English coastal town until 2027. He has already decided on an assistant coach from Germany with no connection to St. Pauli, who can leave his club via an exit clause."

Not yet certain about Nemeth and Knoop. They are optimistic in this regard.
Uwe Hunemeier.... maybe ?

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Gawd, Hyppia ( that season was hell).. it's a constant reminder to me that even the king that is Mr Bloom can eff it all up..... I don't fear this new potential appointment, but I will hold my breath until the first few meaningful games are navigated, and, perhaps more importantly, the first few meaningful player recruits are on board.... it has a whiff of excitement about it, .... I look forward to something new.
Cut Hyypia (spelling!) some slack here. He took on the role as a novice manager. The bloke that was to assist him, Sammy Lee, jumped ship straight after signing. He had no real quality of players to work with. I’m not sure that the club gave him the resources that were required - an arguable point perhaps. He probably introduced tactics that were way beyond the capability of the team as a whole. In the end he was a broken man, the image of him looking totally disconsolate when we played Millwall on that awful night will remain with me forever.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Gawd, Hyppia ( that season was hell).. it's a constant reminder to me that even the king that is Mr Bloom can eff it all up..... I don't fear this new potential appointment, but I will hold my breath until the first few meaningful games are navigated, and, perhaps more importantly, the first few meaningful player recruits are on board.... it has a whiff of excitement about it, .... I look forward to something new.
  • I agree Sami didn’t work out but I seem to remember he had a very good Asst Manager who a lot of people said was the brains of the partnership. He didn’t come with Same who subsequently got found out. So TB only partly got it wrong even then.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Cut Hyypia (spelling!) some slack here. He took on the role as a novice manager. The bloke that was to assist him, Sammy Lee, jumped ship straight after signing. He had no real quality of players to work with. I’m not sure that the club gave him the resources that were required - an arguable point perhaps. He probably introduced tactics that were way beyond the capability of the team as a whole. In the end he was a broken man, the image of him looking totally disconsolate when we played Millwall on that awful night will remain with me forever.
I remember that match… grim, but I tend to agree… the recruitment/squad was absolutely wretched… so much so that it took a while for (a then) at the top of his game CH to turn things round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here