Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Seven hours from Hamburg? Is the plane a Sopwith Camel? :ohmy:
When I first came to Brighton I am pretty sure you could pay for a flight in one of those from Shoreham. And no that wasn’t in 1918!

Edit : it may have been a Tiger Moth and it seems that you still can

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
  • I agree Sami didn’t work out but I seem to remember he had a very good Asst Manager who a lot of people said was the brains of the partnership. He didn’t come with Same who subsequently got found out. So TB only partly got it wrong even then.
Yes, Sascha Lewandowski... They'd fallen out well before he moved and Lewandowski had moved from co-manager back to the youth set up which led to a significant drop off in results and the sacking of Sami Hyppia at Leverkusen.

Sammy Lee also decided that he'd not be working with Hyppia so we were left without an assistant and maybe an early sign that we'd signed the problem...

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I have turned 50 today. Amongst our managers only Potter and de Zerbi have been younger than me, and only by a year or two. And now we're about to appoint a 31 year old. How the years pass!
Happy Birthday! Another ten years and you’ll join the old dribblers club and get a bus pass. Five years on from that you’ll get a reduction for your Albion season ticket. :drink:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Yes, Sascha Lewandowski... They'd fallen out well before he moved and Lewandowski had moved from co-manager back to the youth set up which led to a significant drop off in results and the sacking of Sami Hyppia at Leverkusen.

Sammy Lee also decided that he'd not be working with Hyppia so we were left without an assistant and maybe an early sign that we'd signed the problem...

Sascha Lewandowski committed suicide after the police arrested him on suspicious of sexually abusing a 12 year old boy.

Hyypia might have been a shit manager, but calling him the problem in that partnership does feel a tad harsh.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Sascha Lewandowski committed suicide after the police arrested him on suspicious of sexually abusing a 12 year old boy.

Hyypia might have been a shit manager, but calling him the problem in that partnership does feel a tad harsh.
I'm aware, I meant in purely footballing terms quite obviously.

Utterly mad to think that I was implying anything else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here