Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Two random thoughts come to mind.

1) Is our man Fab closer in age to Tony's teenage son than Tony is to Fab?

2) Is there a more ideal club that would suit RDZ than St.Pauli? They would love him and he would love them. Just a shame their budget would be tight.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
€10 m (£8.4m) sounds about right to me - Brand new extension to his contract to 2027 was signed by FH in March (I suspect as a condition Brighton could start formal talks as I mentioned up thread with the exit clause enabling that).

I think personally he is worth it (Bundesliga teams were already interested in approaching him last season I read ) and may include his backroom staff for that amount.

For those feeling sorry for SP fans, there are several comments on the forum saying if SP can negotiate a really good price for FH, they’d be ok. with that. ( SP fans perhaps prioritise the idea of their Club more than it’s individual people than we do?)
Excluding marescu and kompany this would place him around 5th most expensive buy out of all time. Bearing in mind he was probably on max £250k a year in bundesliga 2, and maybe if very lucky got a rise to 800k a year when promoted I'm still sceptical that it will be 10m euros

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'd been absolutely amazed if we took all their staff. He might be a baby faced genius but the chances of some random selection of second division staffers also being up to top tier coaching seems unlikely.
Surely we'd want to get in the very best to help someone so young and inexperienced?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
So somebody had asked a while back about his wag. Not usually a question you ask of a coach, but most coaches aren't 31.

I'm assuming:

401123__32303.1637572750.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good on him joining the Exodus that left us with just Crofts? His right, my right to think he’s a snake. :shrug:

The “Once a Seagull…” was PR bullshit, he wouldn’t have jumped so quick otherwise. Roberts leaving was probably worse as he was good at his job, but at least he didn’t come out with any bullshit previously. I’d have him back. A defender as an attack coach, not much of a miss anyway.
Harsh. 😃 (Remembering I love Bruno)
I understand the club refused to guarantee him in a position.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Excluding marescu and kompany this would place him around 5th most expensive buy out of all time. Bearing in mind he was probably on max £250k a year in bundesliga 2, and maybe if very lucky got a rise to 800k a year when promoted I'm still sceptical that it will be 10m euros

Agreed. St Pauli pay peanuts, their entire wage bill was less than €5m last season and Brian Owen says his contract extension was for 2 years.

I find it hard to believe we would consider compensating them much more than the value they have already established with the contract they agreed 2 months ago.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I'd been absolutely amazed if we took all their staff. He might be a baby faced genius but the chances of some random selection of second division staffers also being up to top tier coaching seems unlikely.
Surely we'd want to get in the very best to help someone so young and inexperienced?

If we'd appointed McKenna, his staff would have been League 1 last year.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How sweet would it be to keep maldera (or bring him back !) likelihood, very low.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Agreed. St Pauli pay peanuts, their entire wage bill was less than €5m last season and Brian Owen says his contract extension was for 2 years.

I find it hard to believe we would consider compensating them much more than the value they have already established with the contract they agreed 2 months ago.
Indeed ! 10m euros for a young rookie second division German manager. I think not !! They should be very grateful to be getting a couple of million.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It would be unusual to dictate to a manager who they can have on their staff.
You're not dictating it.
You're saying Fabian, we have a pretty decent staff budget, so if there's people you've met on coaching courses, people you've played with or been coached by, people you admire, let's get them in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here